Windows 10: Yellow info panel when browsing Network

Discus and support Yellow info panel when browsing Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; File sharing is turned off. Some network devices and printers might not be visible. Click to change..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by steampunk, May 15, 2016.

1. steampunk Win User

Yellow info panel when browsing Network

File sharing is turned off. Some network devices and printers might not be visible. Click to change..
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I appreciate your help with disabling an annoying message. The above message, with a yellow background, appears in a pop-up information panel within This PC/Windows Explorer while browsing the network. It can be X'd away but will reappear the next time the network is browsed or when navigating into the network section of Windows Explorer.

What causes the message is that for my network adapter options I prefer to keep File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks UNchecked. I share no resources from this local system. I do however reach out to access a network drive and printer in the workgroup. This all works just fine. The only thing I want to change is the above yellow information panel.

Any tips for disabling or hiding that message? Thanks!

:)

steampunk, May 15, 2016

2. File sharing won't work after latest big update

If you open the "Network" folder on any of the computer, does a golden yellow "info bar" appear?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 15, 2016
  3. Yellow alert symbol on netwrk icon, but internet is connected.

Hi,My windows 10 computer is connected to the internet however it has on the task bar the netwrk icon with a yellow alert symbol,

when i click on it it says that there is not internet and it is not connected, however i am connected and able to browse without a problem.

Original title: Windows 10 network issue

Tomas Drevon, May 15, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Need a Screen shot of what you are talking about. No one knows what it is, unless we can actually see what you are seeing.

bro67, May 16, 2016
  5. steampunk Win User
    Thanks for replying. I think a Win 10 user could replicate the message by going into adapter options, unchecking File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks, and then browsing to Network in This PC. Here's the image you requested:

Yellow info panel when browsing Network [​IMG]

Thanks!

steampunk, May 16, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    You need the SMB/CIFS service unblocked and running. No one thrns that service off, because Windows cannot work properly when even communicating out to the real world.

bro67, May 16, 2016
  7. steampunk Win User
    I appreciate the reply, Bro67 but I don't think that's the situation. Networking is enabled and the PC continues to reach out and use various resources across the LAN without error. I've only unchecked the option to serve local resources out to peers. I was hoping someone in the forum might know a reg or gpedit to remove the info panel message mentioned in my OP. Thanks for your time and take care!

steampunk, May 16, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

No there is no Regedit of GPO to fix it. See my reply that it is either a Service issue or third party Internet Security. You can try the Farbar Service Scanner and Mini Toolbox to see if either of them could fix it.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Yellow info panel when browsing Network - Similar Threads - Yellow info panel

2. NVIDIA control panel settings effect on browsing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA control panel settings effect on browsing: IdeaPad Gaming 3 16IAH7.Does anyone have any idea if NVIDIA control panel settings affect browsing as well and not just the gaming, and if so then what settings help to make the browsing experience better?...
  3. NVIDIA control panel settings effect on browsing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA control panel settings effect on browsing: IdeaPad Gaming 3 16IAH7.Does anyone have any idea if NVIDIA control panel settings affect browsing as well and not just the gaming, and if so then what settings help to make the browsing experience better?...
  4. Yellow triangle on network , unable to connect network printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yellow triangle on network , unable to connect network printer: I am using Windows 10 and need to connect to a networked printer shared from another computer. I have added the IP address range in iPv4. I have done this many times before without issue so I know this is not this. I am just unable to figure out how to remove the yellow...
  5. ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED WHEN browsing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED WHEN browsing: Hello I have an error ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED when browsing on Chrome, what to do to fix it ? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/errnamenotresolved-when-browsing/7bb6ceef-7ac2-4f0b-acb4-e533576c9cee
  6. Network Browsing, or Not

Network Browsing, or Not: In another thread, Mr. Ed observed that the Windows network browsing service is intentionally disabled in Windows 10. Windows network browsing (My Network Places, Network Neighborhood) is wholly dependent on SMBv1. SMBv1 is not enabled in Windows 10 and therefore Windows...
  7. Application Error in Word or Outlook when browsing network Drive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Application Error in Word or Outlook when browsing network Drive: Not sure if this is Office related, or otherwise due to the faulting module being Windows.UI.FileExplorer.dll I have begun experiencing Application Errors from both Word and Outlook on multiple computers when browsing a network drive. This is happening intermittently, but...
  8. Explorer stops responding when browsing network share.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer stops responding when browsing network share.: I have a bunch of Windows 10 computers where explorer stops responding once I browse to a network share on a Server 2008r2 box. It seems to happen on specific folders within the share. It happens if browsing via IP, UNC or a mapped drive. Computers are all attached to a...
  9. 1809 breaks network browsing?

1809 breaks network browsing?: The system that hosts the shares had W10 Professional, version 1803 (host01) and the remote system W10 Professional version 1809 (host02). Browsing network on the local/remote system showed the shares, but on the remote PC, accessing required UID/PWD. Updating the host01 to...
  10. Can't browse network shares?

Can't browse network shares?: After 1511 update this morning and changing nothing else, I can no longer access \\computername.... What gives? Any suggestions? 30384