Windows 10: Yellow mark for windows defender security (action reccommended), but all is green on dashboard

Discus and support Yellow mark for windows defender security (action reccommended), but all is green on dashboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Desktop, so no battery. Windows 10, all updates are installed. I think the issue surfaced today or yesterday, later than the last monthly update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kharsirr, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Kharsirr Win User

Yellow mark for windows defender security (action reccommended), but all is green on dashboard

Desktop, so no battery.

Windows 10, all updates are installed.

I think the issue surfaced today or yesterday, later than the last monthly update.

The icon in the taskbar displays yellow triangle, with 'action reccommended', but nothing actually requires action on the dashboard,

:)

Kharsirr, Jul 13, 2018

2. Windows Defender Security Center Won't Stay Open

Thanks @Hydrate! Followed Step 3 of Option 2 and rebooted ... problem solved!

I'll keep an eye on it for the next couple of days and if all stays good, I will mark this thread closed.

elprice7345, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Yellow is now Green.

All the yellow items appearing on my laptop screen are now green. For example, emojis are green when they should be yellow. Photos of yellow clothing are now with green clothing. No other colors are affected.

ArchdruidTaliesin, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Yellow mark for windows defender security (action reccommended), but all is green on dashboard

Windows Defender Actions Recommended

No dice.

Cumulative Update installed. (yellow actions recommended, even after a couple of reboots - shows as green initially)

Ran the Full Offline Scan (no issues found, initially shows as green)

One BIG clue to the bug is that Windows Defender stayed green until I did ANYTHING that went to the internet. Pop open a browser and it changes to the yellow yield sign within a few minutes. This does point to something networking. Don't know if it was opening
    the browser or coincidence. I suspect coincidence. (will need to test this with better steps)

Found that the Windows Defender Firewall was turned off for both discoverable and non-discoverable networks. (screen shots below) No other settings showed anything but green, and even those (the outer links) showed green until I opened them individually.

Turned them on even though both of those networks are shown as disconnected. A quick scan showed no threats and it DID INDEED go green.

Will it stay green? I'll post back in a bit one way or the other.

Yellow mark for windows defender security (action reccommended), but all is green on dashboard 5871d38e-32c3-472a-b5a7-a6bc3a624e9f.png

Yellow mark for windows defender security (action reccommended), but all is green on dashboard 20ea9031-01ea-48d3-9e2e-9c53e2d9efda.png

Kelly Craven, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Yellow mark for windows defender security (action reccommended), but all is green on dashboard

1. Yellow mark for windows defender security (action reccommended), but all is green on dashboard - Similar Threads - Yellow mark defender

2. Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark, winsec ui crashing, but no security problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark, winsec ui crashing, but no security problems: I see yellow icon constantly after latest update to 2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5023706. There is no modules with anything wrong and in Eventlog the App is crashing with"Faulting application name: SecHealthUI.exe, version:...
  3. Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark, winsec ui crashing, but no security problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark, winsec ui crashing, but no security problems: I see yellow icon constantly after latest update to 2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5023706. There is no modules with anything wrong and in Eventlog the App is crashing with"Faulting application name: SecHealthUI.exe, version:...
  4. Windows Security has yellow exclamation mark with Action Recommended, but nothing flagged...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security has yellow exclamation mark with Action Recommended, but nothing flagged...: Hi not sure will help had same problem, try this click on privacy & security then App & browser control then enable reputation-base protection that should fix your problem fingers cross...
  5. Windows Security has yellow exclamation mark with Action Recommended, but nothing flagged...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security has yellow exclamation mark with Action Recommended, but nothing flagged...: Hi not sure will help had same problem, try this click on privacy & security then App & browser control then enable reputation-base protection that should fix your problem fingers cross...
  6. Windows Security has yellow exclamation mark with Action Recommended, but nothing flagged...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security has yellow exclamation mark with Action Recommended, but nothing flagged...: The Windows Security icon in the system tray shows the yellow exclamation mark for Action Recommended, but when I click on the icon and open Windows Security settings, there is nothing flagged for recommendations. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I have full Norton 360 installed....
  7. Windows Security - Action Reccommended will not go away

Windows Security - Action Reccommended will not go away: [ATTACH] its been like this since the 2004 update, i have malware-bytes Premium as my anti virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-action-reccommended-will-not-go/0b714ae5-11bf-4c9f-b225-38efef01fdd7
  8. Actions Recommended on Taskbar with yellow exclamation mark

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Actions Recommended on Taskbar with yellow exclamation mark: When I started my desktop this morning I ran into some problems regarding the task bar. In order to get the apps back on I had to open each app and pin to task bar which seems to be working now. There is an action recommended on the task bar. When I view the actions, it...
  9. Cannot open Security Dashboard for Windows Defender

Cannot open Security Dashboard for Windows Defender: Just did a clean install of Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. During installation, I set up Windows to put the Users file on my D:\ drive (https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/move-users-folder-location-in-windows-10.260/). Everything went smoothly until I did the...
  10. Security Center is all green but taskbar icon is always yellow

Security Center is all green but taskbar icon is always yellow: This problem has been persisting for some months on all three of my Windows 10 machines. The Windows Defender icon (in the popup from the taskbar) always shows the yellow caution mark. When I click it to reach the Windows Defender Security Center on this computer, all of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 security dashboard yellow

2. windows security yellow

3. windows 10 defender yellow triangle

4. my windows 10 defender keeps popping up with a yellow icon,
  5. windows security action recommended windows 10 nothing is wrong,
  6. windows defender yellow warning does not turn green,
  7. why was windows defender security shown yeow mark,
  8. why is security center yellow when nothing is wrong,
  9. security dashboard with a yellow mark,
  10. windows security actions recommended all green,
  11. windows defender recoommendation all green,