Windows 10: Yellow Triangle on Ethernet taskbar icon?!?!

Discus and support Yellow Triangle on Ethernet taskbar icon?!?! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 and having this annoying issue where the yellow triangle over the ethernet icon in the taskbar will not go away.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jscarano, Nov 21, 2015.

1. jscarano Win User

Yellow Triangle on Ethernet taskbar icon?!?!

I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 and having this annoying issue where the yellow triangle over the ethernet icon in the taskbar will not go away. I can get online and surf so not sure whats going on. I did install the new lan drivers but still getting the annoying yellow triangle .

:)

jscarano, Nov 21, 2015

2. Everytime i start my laptop i have to release/renew ipconfig to gain access to the internet, how can i get past that?

im all connected and secure (no yellow triangles) but i can't access internet.

even using my ethernet cable doesnt help.

SophiaHajjaj, Nov 21, 2015
  3. windows 10 compatibility issues with sagemcom router F@st 5260cv

Currently via Ethernet.

I have to keep disabling and then enabling the lan connection, which lasts a few minutes b4 yellow triangle error shows up.

rameshkejriwal, Nov 21, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

JohnC, Nov 21, 2015
  5. jscarano Win User
    Where in there does it show how to get rid of the triangle?

jscarano, Nov 22, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    You have to reboot your Router/Gateway to get the DNS cache on the router to flush. Also you can do a Winsock repair on the Windows computer to repair that, which will help. 9 times out of 10 it is the Gateway that is the culprit.

bro67, Nov 22, 2015
  7. jscarano Win User
    So even if before I upgraded, when I was still on Windows 8.1, I did not have that icon on there I should reboot router/modem and that icon will go away?

jscarano, Nov 22, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

Or you can also try resetting your network adapter by going to Network and Sharing Center>>>Change Adapter settings and from there, Disable the network adapter (right-click) and then enable it back.

badrobot, Nov 22, 2015
  9. bro67 Win User
    It does not matter what OS you are running. That error is because there is a problem communicating with the Gateway.

Majority of the times, it can be resolved by unplugging and plugging back in the gateway.

bro67, Nov 22, 2015
  10. bro67 Win User
    That does nothing, other then disabled and enables the adspter. Does not fix the whole problem.

bro67, Nov 22, 2015
  11. jscarano Win User
    Well I rebooted modem and the router and still have triangle but I can surf like before. So rebooting did not fix issue.

jscarano, Nov 22, 2015
  12. badrobot Win User
    Yes it does solve connection issues sometimes. It solved my problem several times before. It's like resetting your adapter the way you reset the modem or the router. But it's not always a working solution. We are all just trying to help. Any suggestion no matter how big or small counts.
    @jscarano , have you tried reinstalling the network driver?

badrobot, Nov 22, 2015
  13. sn00ker Win User

It also works for me and I thought it was because I'm using Range Extender Repeater Powerline thing, but now I see it could be a W10 issues instead

sn00ker, Nov 23, 2015
  14. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Nov 23, 2015
  15. bro67 Win User
    The problem is that it does not flush the DNS cache or reset the Winsock.

bro67, Nov 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Yellow Triangle on Ethernet taskbar icon?!?! - Similar Threads - Yellow Triangle Ethernet

2. Yellow Triangle in Windows Defender Taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yellow Triangle in Windows Defender Taskbar icon: I have a yellow triangle in my windows defender icon on the task bar on my laptop with Windows 365. I have repeatedly verified that windows defender is up to date and the basic security is listed as OK. Drilling into the Defender menu I have found the yellow triangle next to...
  3. Yellow Triangle in Windows Defender Taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yellow Triangle in Windows Defender Taskbar icon: I have a yellow triangle in my windows defender icon on the task bar on my laptop with Windows 365. I have repeatedly verified that windows defender is up to date and the basic security is listed as OK. Drilling into the Defender menu I have found the yellow triangle next to...
  4. Both WiFi and Ethernet adapter shows in yellow triangle,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Both WiFi and Ethernet adapter shows in yellow triangle,: Dear all, I am unable to connect to internet, checked device manager found the yellow triangle on both Wifi and Ethernet adapters , tried to uninstall and reboot, but the same. on the network i could see a global icon,...
  5. Yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Wifi icon

Yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Wifi icon: I have a problem where everytime I close my lid and open again the yellow triangle appears, however as soon as I turn my Wifi off and on again everything is fine. While this is only a mild problem it is generally quite annoying to have to open my lid and not be already...
  6. Network Icon Yellow Triangle - Windows 10 v1803

Network Icon Yellow Triangle - Windows 10 v1803: OS: Win10 x64 - v1803 Dell workstation Optiplex 780, 7010 Onboard network - Intel(R) 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network. Problem: Yellow network icon but still able to surf the interent (webpages), but Internet icon shows the domain name but Not connected. Can ping out to external...
  7. Yellow triangle on unplugged LAN icon

Yellow triangle on unplugged LAN icon: Just after updating to Windows 10, version 1809 I noticed that LAN icon when the LAN cable and wifi not connected yet appears as the network cable is connected with a yellow triangle on the icon. troubleshooting gives unidentified problem. internet connection when cable is...
  8. YELLOW WARNING TRIANGLE IN TASKBAR DELETED FILES

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    YELLOW WARNING TRIANGLE IN TASKBAR DELETED FILES: HIYAAA , IM HOPING SOMEONE COULD HELP ME PLZZZ , I AM SELF TAUGHT ON MY LAPTOP , BUT THAT BEING SAID I AM PRETTY GOOD WITH IT ... RIGHT , SO THE PROBLEM IS : I JUST CAME ON MY WIN 10 LAPTOP & I COULD HEAR SOME ALERT BUT COULDNT FIND WHERE IT WAS COMING FROM & I HAD TURNED ALL...
  9. Defender tray icon showing yellow triangle?

Defender tray icon showing yellow triangle?: Windows Defender is showing a yellow triangle on the tray icon, even though it is fully updated? The Security Centre home page shows all settings green ticked, and the only problem I find is on the "Apps & browser control" page, where the first item "Check apps and files" has...
  10. Windows defender yellow triangle

Windows defender yellow triangle: I noticed that a little yellow triangle with an exclamation point shows up next to the windows defender icon. I'm not sure how to get rid of it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks[ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yellow triangle to the ethernet