Windows 10: yes, i need help! random bsod driving me nuts

Discus and support yes, i need help! random bsod driving me nuts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi i tried interpreting these dump files myself to work out my woes, but no, no, no...i give up and am not ashamed to ask for help! there are 30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by brotherdeluxe, May 29, 2016.

1. yes, i need help! random bsod driving me nuts

hi

i tried interpreting these dump files myself to work out my woes, but no, no, no...i give up and am not ashamed to ask for help!

there are 30 dmp files, but i don't want to bother someone to go through them all, but i suppose there might be a pattern shows up across a range of them.

it happens randomly. i can be doing anything or nothing and bsod. usually i'm just browsing or doing light tasks. sometimes bsod a few times a day and sometimes a few days with no bsod at all. frustrating to know there's something not right, but no idea what and it might even be an easy fix i can make myself.

any help, much appreciated. thanks.

:)

brotherdeluxe, May 29, 2016

2. N96 driving me nuts...

As for your message icon read /discussions/board/message?board.id=topfaq&thread.id=44

As for the restarting handset im guessing its firmware ver. 11? if so get on to you network and get at least 12 out of them if not 20.

ricksvill---01, May 29, 2016
  3. N96 driving me nuts...

I think I have to try that...

tamaverdal, May 29, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

yes, i need help! random bsod driving me nuts

Hi brotherdeluxe,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

The 0x124 can be quite difficult to diagnose, it is a hardware error that is reported by the CPU. The report is 1 of the few interesting things we can find in the dumps. 0x124 rarely provide enough information to say what is the cause with certainty so we mostly have to guess based on the report revealed in the dumps.

I have analysed a few dumps, they say that there are write errors in the L0 cache of the CPU. As the core and the bank are mostly the same it is very possible that the CPU is the cause, but I would like to be sure that nothing else is the real cause as the CPU is seen as a stable component.
    Please note, software tests aren't 100% proof, it is possible that a component is faulty even if software tests say it isn't.
    Code: =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffe00175f18138 Section @ ffffe00175f182c0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : DCACHEL0_WR_ERR (Proc 5 Bank 1) Status : 0xff80000000000124 Address : 0x00000007980fc280 Misc. : 0x0000000000000086 =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffe001efb26138 Section @ ffffe001efb262c0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : DCACHEL0_WR_ERR (Proc 5 Bank 1) Status : 0xbf80000000000124 Address : 0x000000019208d8c0 Misc. : 0x0000000000000086 =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffe000194fe138 Section @ ffffe000194fe2c0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : DCACHEL0_WR_ERR (Proc 4 Bank 1) Status : 0xbf80000000000124 Address : 0x00000001b6984b00 Misc. : 0x0000000000000086 =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffe0008833a138 Section @ ffffe0008833a2c0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : DCACHEL0_WR_ERR (Proc 5 Bank 1) Status : 0xbf80000000000124 Address : 0x000000010408bd00 Misc. : 0x0000000000000086[/quote]

yes, i need help! random bsod driving me nuts [​IMG]
    STOP 0x124 Troubleshooting
    Read carefully before proceeding.

*Arrow Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer - Read in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the error scan,
    • the health,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

FOUR
    GPU TEST

Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.
    Make a photo of the result and post it.

5. hi axe0

thanks for replying and at least suggesting it might be the cpu; that's something. i have attached results of intel burn in test and furmark (memtest and seatools weren't required - see below).

i'm familiar with these tests, having used them before for testing overclocks and stability.

i am running the cpu at stock speeds, save for the mild auto over/underclock which the board itself can apply via a tpu and epu switch (i've not had problem with this before, though that's not to say it's not become a problem over time). i could've made everything flat stock, but i wanted to run the tests in the same state as i use the pc.

i ran the intel burn in test at high with no problem.
    i'm not using a separate gpu - just the built in 4600 graphics. one test froze (no bsod though) and a second one ran until i manually stopped it after about 30 mins.
    i already ran memtest at the weekend, as i thought the ram might be the culprit. i let it cycle through all the tests over about 11 hours and there were no errors; however, there was a note about hammer flip errors or something - i did google it, but didn't find anything useful or even that understandable! i also ran the dedicated hammer test on each stick and two did show the same 'note', but no actual errors. i put all the ram back, possibly in different slots than they had been in, ran the dedicated hammer test over about 24 hours and no error showed up at all - not even a 'note'.
    i'm running an ssd, so didn't run seatools. i have a different ssd with win 8.1 installed and when i used that to see if bsod happened, i did get a couple - though i was wiping the drive and reinstalling 8.1, did it a few times and both bsod happened during the installation of updates.

i'm wondering, could it be the power supply? i have a corsair rm650 and haven't suspected any problems with it, but just curious if that could be a source. then again, with my particular bsod error, as you say, it's not exactly giving a definitive answer.

thanks again for giving the benefit of your advice.

brotherdeluxe, May 29, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please note that 11h for 32GB is NOT enough to finish 8 completed passes straight for your amount of memory, it could take up to 2 days to complete 8 straight passes with MemTest86+.

Please check your SSD for firmware updates.
    Please run HDTune & chkdsk & upload the log + screenshots of HDTune and chkdsk.
    Please boot in your BIOS, note the 3.3v, 5v and 12v values and post them.

Please remove ASUS software as far as possible that it doesn't cause problems with devices, software from the motherboard manufacturer (or laptop) is known for causing BSODs.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling system & other used stuff. Please note that the PSU, cooling system and other used stuff are not mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

7. i've attached screens of hdtune and chkdsk - no errors reported.
    asus software isn't installed presently.
    voltage readings:
    i watched the figures for some minutes
    3.296 (did notice it infrequently flick up to 3.312)
    5.000 (did notice it infrequently flick up to 5.040)
    12.192 (seems steady)
    system specs updated.

thanks

brotherdeluxe, May 30, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Could you then please check if any ASUS folder is present in the program files or program files (x86) folders, left behind folders make it look like the software is still installed.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. yes, i need help! random bsod driving me nuts - Similar Threads - yes need help

2. No drivers is driving me nuts! Win 10 help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No drivers is driving me nuts! Win 10 help?: Hi everyone, I know this is a fairly common problem so I will try to keep it simple. I recently bought DJI Mic and when I plug it in to USB port it gets that sound from Windows that usually means it was recognized. I open my E: Drive and it is System Volume Information,...
  3. No drivers is driving me nuts! Win 10 help?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No drivers is driving me nuts! Win 10 help?: Hi everyone, I know this is a fairly common problem so I will try to keep it simple. I recently bought DJI Mic and when I plug it in to USB port it gets that sound from Windows that usually means it was recognized. I open my E: Drive and it is System Volume Information,...
  4. NEED HELP WITH UPDATE DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NEED HELP WITH UPDATE DRIVING ME NUTS!!!: hello for some reason i cannot update the 2021-08 cumulative update for windows 10 version 20h2 for x64- based systems KB5005033. THE ERROR MESSAGE I GET IS "IT COULDNT COMPLETE THE UPDATE UNDOING CHANGES"AND ON MY WINDOWS UPDATE SECTION IT HAS THESE NUMBERS- 0x800f0922, can...
  5. I need this tool so bad its driving me nuts...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need this tool so bad its driving me nuts...: There is currently an issue with Kyocera printers and update ending in 802, the update keeps coming back every single night, and when I go to print it blue screens the entire computer. I need this tool to block that update but microsoft hasn't kept up with their downloads for...
  6. Driving me Nuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driving me Nuts: [ATTACH] Every time I restart my pc or rarely where my pc crashes my lock screen is switched to this photo. I've done a system image search but failed to find it. Right clicking on the off screen prompt takes me nowhere. I'm seriously done with this. I need help...
  7. Driving me nuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driving me nuts: I've somehow 'lost' MSVCR110.dll and MSVCP110.dll. So Cyberlink Power2Go 11 won't run. Seems that those 2 dlls are part of those Microsoft Visual C Redistributable packages that lazy companies such as Cyberlink lean on because they're too inept to develop their own C++ codes...
  8. this is driving me nuts!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    this is driving me nuts!: so here is the thing couple days ago i left my laptop for 1 hour with my cousin (12 year old) who had his little 4 year old brother with him,i didnt trust him with my laptop but family forced me to atleast give them a bit of fun i went outside and after an hour i cameback...
  9. all these BSODs are driving me nuts

all these BSODs are driving me nuts: Hello, I'm getting very frequent BSOD's, and up to now have not been able to get to the root of the problem. The software I'm using to analyse the dumps says it's not a hardware problem. My impression is that usually the BSOD occurs on waking up from hibernation. The usual...
  10. Random BSOD's while using computer driving me nuts.

Random BSOD's while using computer driving me nuts.: Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my post! Please see attached the Minidumps that were collected after running dm_log_collector.exe Computer specs I expect should be visible in my profile. In case I missed some crucial information, let me know and I'll...