Windows 10: Yesterday I could View recently used programs in start menu in Windows 10, but not today.

Discus and support Yesterday I could View recently used programs in start menu in Windows 10, but not today. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I open .txt files a lot with notepad; having the ability to pin them to the start menu, in a "jump menu" next to the "recently or frequently used"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chris261cc, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Yesterday I could View recently used programs in start menu in Windows 10, but not today.

I open .txt files a lot with notepad; having the ability to pin them to the start menu, in a "jump menu" next to the "recently or frequently used" 'Notepad' that appeared in this spot was so easy to get to them again.

Can I get this back some how?

Seems like "Jump Menu's" has been removed??? Or turned off.

It's shown as turned 'On' (blue) in the start/personalization settings.

Thanks Much,

:)

Chris261cc, Aug 21, 2018
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Aug 21, 2018
  3. vexorg Win User
    Start Menu Recent files

It doesn't work off the start menu in win10, I posted the same a few weeks ago.

Oddly, if the programs appear in most recent used, then you do get the recent files list. Or if you pin to the task bar, you also get the recent list if you right click the icon.

Microsoft's proper name for these recent files is jump list.

Some has shown a beta of a later win10, and the jump list might return if pinned to the start menu. Doubly annoying is if you pin a program to the start menu, it's removed from most used.

See here: How do I get recent docs when pinned to start? - Windows 10 Forums

vexorg, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Mgdking Win User

Yesterday I could View recently used programs in start menu in Windows 10, but not today.

Start menu........recent programs??? WM6

Is there a way to disable recent programs from appearing in the start menu? For instance when I use a program then close it. Then hit the start key it then lists every program I have used recently. That bugs me!! Is there
    a way to disable this feature?

Mgdking, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Yesterday I could View recently used programs in start menu in Windows 10, but not today.

1. Yesterday I could View recently used programs in start menu in Windows 10, but not today. - Similar Threads - Yesterday View recently

2. View last RECENTLY used programs in Windows 11 Start menu or taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View last RECENTLY used programs in Windows 11 Start menu or taskbar?: How do I display last RECENTLY not "most" used programs in the Windows 10/11 Start menu or taskbar using standard settings or possible third party extensions? -- Thanks in advanced!...
  3. View last RECENTLY used programs in Windows 11 Start menu or taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View last RECENTLY used programs in Windows 11 Start menu or taskbar?: How do I display last RECENTLY not "most" used programs in the Windows 10/11 Start menu or taskbar using standard settings or possible third party extensions? -- Thanks in advanced!...
  4. Some apps icons are missing in start menu yesterday everything was fine. But today icons...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some apps icons are missing in start menu yesterday everything was fine. But today icons...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/G0NZ0s [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ukausq/some_apps_icons_are_missing_in_start_menu/
  5. Recent full screen start menu transparency disappeared today.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent full screen start menu transparency disappeared today.: I ha e a Grey background now that matches my color screen. Full screen transparencies went away today or yesterday. SFC command did not fix it. Dism repair did not fix it and poweshell reinstall all windows apps did not fix it. Turning on the only option in colors for...
  6. View "recently used" apps/programs in start menu in Windows 10 ??

View "recently used" apps/programs in start menu in Windows 10 ??: Hi! How do you get "recently" used apps/programs i.e not most frequently used to show up in the Windows 10 start menu?? I really hoped that one can accomplish this by standard settings otherwise it's yet another reason to continue to use "Classic Shell" ... Current...
  7. Yesterday I could share files, today I cannot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yesterday I could share files, today I cannot: YESTERDAY I could \Sharte files, today I can not **Modified title from: YESTERDAY I could \Sharte files, today I can not** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-i-could-share-files-today-i-cannot/6911551b-f6d2-485a-aa61-fba74835f98f"
  8. YESTERDAY I could \Sharte files, today I can not

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    YESTERDAY I could \Sharte files, today I can not: YESTERDAY I could \Sharte files, today I can not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yesterday-i-could-sharte-files-today-i-can-not/6911551b-f6d2-485a-aa61-fba74835f98f"
  9. Start Menu - Set Number of Most Recent Programs ?

Start Menu - Set Number of Most Recent Programs ?: Is the Start Menu's list of Most Recent Programs hard-set at only 6? Or, can I alter this somewhere? Thanks 47637
  10. Programs Used List in Start Menue

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs Used List in Start Menue: How do a get a program that I use quite often to get on the "Most Used Programs List". I realize that I probably have to use it more for it to appear on the list. But I want to know if I can get it there even though the program is not used as often as the others. TIA...