Windows 10: Yet more Realtek Driver Woes

Discus and support Yet more Realtek Driver Woes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI. i did a clean install of windows 10, and it is all good, until i tried some audio. it simply didn't work. Looking further, on the device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hweight, Aug 17, 2015.

1. hweight Win User

Yet more Realtek Driver Woes

HI.

i did a clean install of windows 10, and it is all good, until i tried some audio. it simply didn't work.

Looking further, on the device manager i had:

Yet more Realtek Driver Woes [​IMG]

and in the system devices there was:

Yet more Realtek Driver Woes [​IMG]

for some reason there are 2 x high definition audio controller.
    I then tried to install the latest realtek driver. it went all through, but it did nothing. there were no files copied over or anything else.
    I have tried various thing, but the end result it the same. things i have tried;
    - i tried to install the latest version
    - install a few other versions.
    - even tried to install the version that came on the motherboard dvd.
    - tried it install in safe mode
    - deleted the hd audio controller and get windows to retry it again.
    - manually copied the driver files to the install directory

is there any other ideas?

my system is: MB: gigabyte X79-UP4, CPU: I7-3620, GFX: GTX670.

I know the drivers work, as when i updated the machine from Windows 7, the audio was working, but since then i did a clean boot, and they dont install anymore.

also in the device manger, i go to the properties of the hd audio controller that has the issue, and in the events tab, the last line says device not started, and the information displayed is:
    Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D20&SUBSYS_A0021458&REV_06\3&11583659&0&D8 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: hdaudbus.inf
    Class Guid: {4D36E97D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    Service: HDAudBus
    Lower Filters:
    Upper Filters:
    Problem: 0xA

:)

hweight, Aug 17, 2015
  2. Stu2r Win User

There are some audio, network and other related issues in my Windows 10 computer.

<Original Title: Realtek driver breaks windows 10 (I think)>

I have audio woes with Windows 10 (and network woes and ... the list goes on)

Here are some example issues:

• Skype often hangs windows 10 - there's no BSOD just a frozen screen that's non recoverable, so a restart is required.
    • Microphone volume is very low on skype / google hangouts too. I've tried headphones and laptop mic to no avail.
    • Various alerts come up saying audio drivers are having problems.

Solutions tried include:

• Installing drivers from Lenovo
    • Installing drivers from Realtek (both this and the above fail to actually install the audio driver with an endless loop of uninstalling current drivers and restarting)
    • Installing drivers from the device manager.
    Windows seems intent on keeping it's version of the drivers. And I think is re-installing the 'latest' audio driver on startup.

My setup:

• Lenovo T440p, with Realtek audio

Any help would be welcome.

Stu2r, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Issue with Logitech z506 speakers after upgrade to windows 10

Hey guys,

You just need to install the latest Realtek driver. Below is the link.

Realtek

It will download a small executable, restart your computer once (after uninstalling the old realtek driver), install the new driver and then restart again. After that, make sure you change your default audio device to Realtek audio (NOT THE HD ONE) and it'll
    work.

Best of luck to you and your woes.

LoganHillenburg, Aug 17, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

Yikes.

I'm not optimistic, but as you have already expanded the drivers, have you tried manually updating the drivers from Device Manager?

You shouldn't have all that trouble with a fairly new system like that, particularly with a clean install. Surprising.

bobkn, Aug 17, 2015
  5. hweight Win User
    yeah i tried to update from the device manager, and every update option, it says that the correct driver is already installed. *Sad

yeah i know.. i think my next action is to reformat, and install windows 7, and get all the drivers installed on there, and then try to update again.

hweight, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Yet more Realtek Driver Woes - Similar Threads - Yet more Realtek

2. More Update woes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More Update woes.: The latest windows 10 update wiped out several programs, removed the password or PIN option completely and so boots straight into windows 10. Will only open in Safe Mode and will not recognise anything to do with wifi. Most programs that are left have failed to open. Bios...
  3. More Update woes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    More Update woes.: The latest windows 10 update wiped out several programs, removed the password or PIN option completely and so boots straight into windows 10. Will only open in Safe Mode and will not recognise anything to do with wifi. Most programs that are left have failed to open. Bios...
  4. More Update woes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Realtek or Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek or Drivers: So this issued happened out of nowhere a month ago. Whenever I turn on my pc the next day I am met in my headset a horrible screeching or buzzing/warbling noises from my headset. Volume slider doesn't work so I know it is my Realtek Driver. What happens is I use the...
  6. Realtek Drivers

Realtek Drivers: My Realtek audio driver uninstalled itself yesterday when I hadn't Internet for like 30 minutes. I downloaded it from their site but after restarting computer they aren't there. I checked if I see them in Device Manager but all I have is "NVIDIA High Definition Audio". When i...
  7. Realtek Drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Realtek Drivers: Having problems downloading Realtek drivers .Is there an easy solution. Regards Neil https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-drivers/748666d7-c40f-4782-a239-5543f33fbb23
  8. Realtek driver

Realtek driver: After downloading a few Realtek drivers, I found out that version 8648, 8652 and 8656 and a few others has a folder name (WOV) inside but most of the version did not have this particular file. Anyone know what this file for, is this file necessary ? 139637
  9. Windows September 2019 Updates: more search woes and Telemetry

in Windows 10 News
    Windows September 2019 Updates: more search woes and Telemetry: Microsoft released security updates and regular updates for all versions of Windows on yesterday's September 2019 Patch Tuesday. It does not take long, usually, before an assessment can be made on the quality of the released updates. Microsoft fixed the high CPU usage issue...
  10. More 1803 woes - system loop on restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    More 1803 woes - system loop on restart: I downloaded 1803 yesterday; at the completion of the download (option to update). I shut down the PC (normally) with a view to complete the update today. There is virtually nothing on the PC apart from Chrome. Today when I boot up all I get is a loop with the date screen,...