Windows 10: Yo, how do I name my computer?

Discus and support Yo, how do I name my computer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, my name is Dan but you can call me 360 Dabbin' on them H8ters. I got tired of using my PlayStation 4 as a computer (no shade towards my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GlitchedOut60, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Yo, how do I name my computer?

Hello everyone, my name is Dan but you can call me 360 Dabbin' on them H8ters. I got tired of using my PlayStation 4 as a computer (no shade towards my homie, tho) and walked down to my neighborhood Best Buy to buy a Chromebook. Turns out they had none, so I bought a HP Pavillion laptop. As I was paying for it, this dude behind me said I could name my laptop and I was like, "Yo, thats awesome, my dude! But how do you name it?" And he said he didnt know. So now im here to ask fellow PC lovers, how do I name my PC?

:)

GlitchedOut60, Aug 18, 2018

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Aug 18, 2018
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Yo, how do I name my computer?

How do i change the computer name

Hi John,

Are you using Microsoft Account or Local account to login to Windows?

If you are using Local account follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + R to open Run command window.
    • Type sysdm.cpl and press enter.
    • Click on the “Change” button to rename the computer.
    • Under “Computer Name” change the computer name.
    • Then click on OK, then when prompted reboot your device
    To Change Computer Name in Settings app

1. Open Settings and click/tap on the
    System icon.

2. Click/tap on About on the left side, and click/tap on
    Rename PC on the right side.

If you are using Microsoft Account follow these steps:

• Sign in to the
      Your information page on the Microsoft account website.
    • Under your name, select Edit name. If there’s no name listed yet, select
      Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then select Save. Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.
    • On Windows 10 PC restart the computer.

Hope this helps,

John Rubdy, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Yo, how do I name my computer?

1. Yo, how do I name my computer? - Similar Threads - name computer

2. COMPUTER NAME

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COMPUTER NAME: I changed my pc IP, DNS names to "mypurplelaptop" and now want to restore them to the original names but I don't know what they are supposed to be. Can someone walk me through this in detail?...
  3. Computer Name

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Computer Name: I want to change the computer name on my PC. It is currently a name that was assigned when I installed Windows 10. I want to give it a different, more common name for use on my home network. My question is, if I change the computer name will that deactivate my Windows 10...
  4. How can I change the name of my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change the name of my computer?: I just purchased a new computer, set it up, and then found out it's name is Janet! My name is JANE, my last name begins with the letter "T", but my name is not Janet, it's Jane. Many things that I use, including C:\Users, refer to me as Janet, but that's not my name. Please...
  5. My computer's name is NOT Jane, it's Janet. MY NAME IS JANE. How can I change the name of...

My computer's name is NOT Jane, it's Janet. MY NAME IS JANE. How can I change the name of...: I just purchased a new computer and set it up to find out it's name is Janet! MY NAME IS JANE, my last name begins with the letter "T", but my name is not Janet, it's Jane. Many things that I use, including C:\Users, refer to me as Janet, but that's not my name. :( Please...
  6. My computer USERS file name has changed names and the files in it have nothing in them.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer USERS file name has changed names and the files in it have nothing in them.: Some how today, under C:/Users my computer used to be called 'mrspa', but now it says 'defaultuser0' and almost nothing is in the file folders listed under this new named folder and 'mrspa' is no where to be found. How do I get it back to 'mrspa' with all the normal files...
  7. How to find old computer name in windows 10?

How to find old computer name in windows 10?: Hi Guys, I recently updated my Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and changed the computer name. now i am in need of the old computer name for a software license that was tied to it. Any registry settings i should be looking at? all the help is much appreciated. Thank...
  8. Changed My computer name and restarting it gives "incorrect username or password" with ok...

Changed My computer name and restarting it gives "incorrect username or password" with ok...: Window 10 V1903 dEsktop computer -Changed My computer name and restarting it gives "incorrect username or password" with ok button. Clicking on Ok gives me two signing options . I can log in using one. This is weired . Can anybody tell me what is going on?? Also I can see my...
  9. Error: Windows cannot access \\computer name you do not havepermission to access \\computer...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error: Windows cannot access \\computer name you do not havepermission to access \\computer...: I hav 3 computers on a network. On two of the computers I can connect to all three and access all three. On the third computer I can access one but when I try to access the other I get the error message "Windows cannot access \\computer name you do not have permission to...
  10. Changed computer name and now many glitches and things not working

Changed computer name and now many glitches and things not working: Yesterday, my son was updating Windows 10 and all at once he was being asked for a user name and password that he had not set. In researching this issue for him, I came across instructions for a fix. The initial instruction was to Run: netplwiz to bring up user...