Windows 10: You can delete the app from ISO?

Discus and support You can delete the app from ISO? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good evening I wonder if you can delete apps from ISO Thank you 25595 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DMD, Oct 7, 2015.

1. DMD
    DMD Win User

You can delete the app from ISO?

Good evening

I wonder if you can delete apps from ISO
    Thank you

:)

2. Darshan J Win User

How can you delete an entire group from the start menu in Windows 10?

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no option to remove all the items at one go from start menu, you have remove the items individually.

However you can customize the start menu icons by following the below steps.

• In the search box type settings.
    • Click on personalization and click on start option.
    • Then you have the options to customize start menu.

Refer to the below article on how to customize the start menu.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17195/windows-10-see-whats-on-the-menu

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Darshan J, Oct 7, 2015
  3. Darshan J Win User
    How can you delete an entire group from the start menu in Windows 10?

Hi,

Your Welcome Jarlth.

Microsoft has provided option to customize the start menu that would help to manage the groups.

Further if some features or options are not available due to design then you may want to leave a feedback on the
    Feedback App. Type Feedback on Search bar and go to Feedback app
    and provide your input.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Oct 7, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Do you mean, if you can modify the disc image, which Microsoft provides for the users to install Windows with?

Joergi, Oct 7, 2015
  5. DMD
    DMD Win User
    I confirm.
    I want to remove some apps from 'ISO.

6. Joergi Win User
    It might be possible to modify the image. However, I don't know of a way to change the image. In order to modify a Windows installation, people usually use the sysprep tool:
    What is Sysprep?

Joergi, Oct 8, 2015
  7. DMD
    DMD Win User
    Good morning

I want to create an ISO of W10 removing apps that are unnecessary.
    For example if I want to delete Get Office just run a powershell command like this:
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage -allusers *officehub* | Remove-AppxPackage" > NUL 2>&1

This command then I insert it in a batch file
    Code: @echo off powershell "Get-AppxPackage -allusers *officehub* | Remove-AppxPackage" > NUL 2>&1 exit[/quote] This command then I insert it into a batch file (Delete_GetOffice.bat)
    This file is placed in the "Software" folder in the root of the ISO of Windows 10

Then I created the file Setupcomplete.cmd

Code: @echo off for %%w IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%w:\sources\install.wim SET CDROM=%%w: REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx REG ADD %KEY% /v Flags /t REG_DWORD /d "20" /f REG ADD %KEY% /V Title /D "Post Installation..." /f >NUL REG ADD %KEY%\01 /VE /D "Delete_GetOffice" /f >NUL REG ADD %KEY%\01 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\Delete_GetOffice.bat" /f >NUL exit[/quote]
    and inserted in ISO of Windows 10

You can delete the app from ISO? [​IMG]

During the nstallation RunOnce runs normally and Powershell command brings up a notice of elimination the App.
    But when I open the start menu appears GetOffice yet.
    To be sure that the command is correct, you copy the batch file on the desktop and launch the app GetOffice is eliminated normally.
    I do not understand why so run Once the app is not deleted, mistake in the procedure?

Thank you

Thema:

1. You can delete the app from ISO? - Similar Threads - delete app ISO

2. How to delete iso

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete iso: How do I delete a iso i tried deleting it the normal way but that failed and neither iso can be mounted because one has nothing on it the other I don't even know what the problem is with the second one but I can't Delete it the file by putting on my desktop the putting in the...
  3. Can you delete?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can you delete?: Can you delete the:windowsappswpsystemwudownloadcachemodifiablewindowsappsfrom my d drive if I have it on my c drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-delete/77383e21-b05b-4324-9b02-32f8dced3f1b
  4. Can you delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you delete?: Can you delete the:windowsappswpsystemwudownloadcachemodifiablewindowsappsfrom my d drive if I have it on my c drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-delete/77383e21-b05b-4324-9b02-32f8dced3f1b
  5. Can you delete?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can you delete Windows fonts?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can you delete Windows fonts?: Windows 10 is bloated with a lot of fonts, which aren't even in english... You can't delete fonts in Windows 10, it prevents you to do it. I heard there is workaround, if you remove some value in registry, than it allows you to delete them. Question is... is it risky? I mean...
  7. Can you delete a printer you are no longer using?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can you delete a printer you are no longer using?: I have a couple of printers listed on my printer list that I no longer use - don't even still have them - and I would like to delete them but don't know how. Does anyone know how - or even if they can be successfully deleted?...
  8. Can you delete wake timers from the command prompt?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you delete wake timers from the command prompt?: Can you delete wake timers from the command prompt? I am thinking specifically of wake timers created by Update Orchestrator, which cannot be permanently disabled no matter how many settings you alter (and believe me, I have spent hours and days trying to permanently stop my...
  9. Delete ISO files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete ISO files?: Hiya....can I do this once I have upgraded to Windows? TIA 55031
  10. Can not delete windows 10 iso off of USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not delete windows 10 iso off of USB: I am trying to download windows 10 ISO to install to my new computer when I build it since it does not have a optical drive. (I bought the windows 10 CD) I started downloading and when it was "verifying" the download it was stuck at 51% for 2 hours. I just when to task...