Windows 10: You can now purchase Windows 10 games as gifts from the Microsoft Store

Discus and support You can now purchase Windows 10 games as gifts from the Microsoft Store in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft recently announced a new option for gamers in Windows 10. The company announced that the Windows 10 users will now be able to purchase games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 12, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

You can now purchase Windows 10 games as gifts from the Microsoft Store

Microsoft recently announced a new option for gamers in Windows 10. The company announced that the Windows 10 users will now be able to purchase games as gifts for their friends and family directly from the Microsoft Store.

The company which enabled this feature for Xbox One users last year is now bringing the same feature to all Windows 10 users who download, install and play games from the Microsoft Store.

Microsoft calls it as “PC digital games gifting” and has included all PC and Xbox One games as part of the gifting program. Windows 10 users who would like to buy a game as a gift would need to go to the Microsoft Store on their PCs and look for the game they would like to purchase.

You would need to click the “Buy as Gift” option and provide the email address of the recipient for whom the gift is being bought. Once the email is entered, the user receives an email with details on how to redeem the code in the Microsoft Store to download the game.

Microsoft says that the codes which are received for redemption are allowed to be redeemed only in the country they have been purchased, meaning if a user lives in the United States and is looking to purchase a gift for his friend in Canada or any other country, he will not be able to do so.

Many of the games are already available for gifting and the company says it is working on adding support for new contents along with improving the digital gifting option.

“We are hard at work on improving digital gifting, adding new capabilities as well as support for new content types. We look forward to bringing you updates on the gifting of paid PC and Xbox apps soon,” Microsoft explains.

If you are looking to buy Xbox 360 or an original Xbox game then you would need to wait for some more time since such games have not yet been included in the program.

Microsoft also confirmed that if users are looking to purchase gifts which are having a discounted price, then they are allowed a maximum of 10 purchases every 14 days. This limit is applicable only for gifts on discounted rates but not for products which are available at their full price.

The post You can now purchase Windows 10 games as gifts from the Microsoft Store appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 12, 2018

2. Trouble purchasing games etc from Microsoft store

I have WIndows 10, and until recently was able to purchase apps from the Microsoft store. Now I cannot purchase anything -- an app or anything within a game (such as Microsoft BIngo, which I used to purchase from semi-regularly. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Lois AnnWolff, May 30, 2018
  3. Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., May 30, 2018
Thema:

You can now purchase Windows 10 games as gifts from the Microsoft Store

1. You can now purchase Windows 10 games as gifts from the Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - purchase games gifts

2. In game purchase from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    In game purchase from Microsoft Store: I started playing Big Business Deluxe on my pc, from the Microsoft Store and made various purchases getting close to $200\£160. One of the purchases was quite expensive and generated 500,000 coins every 3 days to use in game. A week or so ago the game repeatedly wouldn't...
  3. Can you use Xbox Gift Cards to purchase Apps or add-ons on the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you use Xbox Gift Cards to purchase Apps or add-ons on the Microsoft Store?: Hi, I was wondering if I could use an Xbox Gift Card to purchase an app or add-on in the Microsoft Store. In this instance, I wanted to buy Dolby Atmos, so can I use an Xbox Gift Card to complete the purchase? Or maybe I could purchase it with the balance in my account from...
  4. Can you use Xbox Gift Cards to purchase Apps or add-ons on the Microsoft Store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can you use Xbox Gift Cards to purchase Apps or add-ons on the Microsoft Store?: Hi, I was wondering if I could use an Xbox Gift Card to purchase an app or add-on in the Microsoft Store. In this instance, I wanted to buy Dolby Atmos, so can I use an Xbox Gift Card to complete the purchase? Or maybe I could purchase it with the balance in my account from...
  5. Can you use Xbox Gift Cards to purchase Apps or add-ons on the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. You can now install new Microsoft Store on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    You can now install new Microsoft Store on Windows 10: Microsoft originally announced Windows 11’s new app store in June, and since then, the company has been trying to improve the quality of its marketplace. Several servicing updates have been released as part of the Windows Insider Program and users have been testing the new...
  7. Can you use Xbox Gift Cards on the Windows Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you use Xbox Gift Cards on the Windows Microsoft Store?: I was wondering if you can use the green Xbox Gift Cards on the Microsoft Store on my Windows Computer? Will it work on my Pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-xbox-gift-cards-on-the-windows/677283b7-95d0-4148-9d2b-4f4418691dd9
  8. Can you use Xbox Gift Cards on the Windows Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you use Xbox Gift Cards on the Windows Microsoft Store?: I was wondering if you can use the green Xbox Gift Cards on the Microsoft Store on my Windows Computer? Will it work on my Pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-xbox-gift-cards-on-the-windows/677283b7-95d0-4148-9d2b-4f4418691dd9
  9. purchasing a game on microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    purchasing a game on microsoft store: Hello This is my very first time I am trying to purchase something on Microsoft Store and I got lost in the process. from my child session, hewento to the store, selected the game he wished to buy and a pop up windows opened to tell him that an email was sent to me to get...
  10. Microsoft Store PC Game Gifting ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store PC Game Gifting ?: My friend gifted me a game from the Microsoft store on PC, I got the email saying he had gifted it to me but there is no code and it's not showing up in my game library or on my Microsoft store account, any help would be appreciated....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. purchase gifts in Microsoft Store