Windows 10: You can now send SMS from the new Skype v8.13

Discus and support You can now send SMS from the new Skype v8.13 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Your feedback was loud and clear and we are excited to announce that you can now send SMS in the new Skype v8.13 and above on desktop and mobile.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

You can now send SMS from the new Skype v8.13

Source: You can now send SMS from the new Skype - Microsoft Community

:)

Brink, Jan 22, 2018
  2. Andrew[N] Win User

Skype integration in Messaging app doesn't work

Soon you will be able to send SMS and Skype messages from one place. New version of Skype is now being tested by insiders. One of new features is SMS integration to Skype app. You can now send SMS from the new Skype v8.13 :)

Andrew[N], Jan 22, 2018
  3. LCRT Win User
    Desktop SMS app for Windows phone 8

You can send SMS from Skype if you so much want to.
    http://www.skype.com/en/features/sms/

and call real phone numbers too.

4. galaxys Win User

Now this is progressive! Great to see for my fav Skype!

galaxys, Jan 22, 2018
  5. mrgeek Win User
    Wow, this costs 3 times vs txt'g from phone. Good to have as backup though.

mrgeek, Jan 22, 2018
  6. Tony K Win User
    Thanks for posting this, Shawn. *Smile

Cool! I was able to answer texts from the desktop PC, but now can initiate.

We'll see about costs I guess.

Tony K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. You can now send SMS from the new Skype v8.13 - Similar Threads - send SMS Skype

2. Can you send emails from outlook.com?

in Browsers and Email
    Can you send emails from outlook.com?: There's clearly a major problem at the moment - I and many others are sending emails which then vanish. There's been no formal announcement from Microsoft, nor in their Forum, yet no problems are showing in Service Status. Has anyone heard what's happening? 19041.450 165736
  3. You can now send emails as attachments in Google Gmail

in Windows 10 News
    You can now send emails as attachments in Google Gmail: What’s changing You can now attach emails to other emails in Gmail without downloading them first. [img] To insert emails in a new thread, drag and drop them into the draft window. [ATTACH] Another way to insert emails in a new thread is to select the emails and then...
  4. Skype messages not sending

in Windows 10 News
    Skype messages not sending: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You may have faced an issue where you find that Skype is not sending messages. This issue is common with Skype for home users, and the most probable cause has been having low or no internet connectivity. But if you [...] This post Skype messages not sending...
  5. You can now call up to 50 people at once with Skype

in Windows 10 News
    You can now call up to 50 people at once with Skype: Starting today, Skype is doubling the amount of people that can simultaneously be on a video or audio group call. You can now call and have up to 50 people in a call, all at once. Whether you’re catching up with your friends, having a team status update, or a conference call...
  6. sms from windows 10 message can not send from this device

in Cortana
    sms from windows 10 message can not send from this device: windows 10 1803 build 17134.472 Cortana gives me an error when I try to SMS I'm sorry, I can't send messages here. Try the Cortana app on your phone. Any clue , ideas? thanks charles...
  7. Cortana not sending SMS from my PC

in Cortana
    Cortana not sending SMS from my PC: When I initiate a text from Cortana on my PC (Surface Pro 4), I get the normal message that says, "I'll send that text using your phone. It may take a minute depending on connectivity." However, it stays on that screen and never sends the text. It was working fine a few days...
  8. SMS Connect now rolling out to Skype Insiders with preview 8.30.76.41

in Windows 10 News
    SMS Connect now rolling out to Skype Insiders with preview 8.30.76.41: We are excited to introduce SMS Connect to Skype Insiders! Starting today, SMS Connect will be gradually rolled out to Skype Insiders on Android phones with 8.30 builds and higher. With this new Insider build for Android you will be able to pair your Windows PC or Mac...
  9. Send to Skype ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Send to Skype ?: hello, I can't manage to add SKYPE to my SendTo folder I placed a shortcut in the folder, but it does not show when I right click a file I managed with other apps though... *Think is there a specific way to do it for skype ? thanks 105421
  10. Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC: How to: Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC How to Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider build 14926, you can now send and receive SMS text messages from the updated Skype Preview...