Windows 10: You can now use Android Messages web app to send texts from your PC

Discus and support You can now use Android Messages web app to send texts from your PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft last month announced Your Phone app to enable a “seamless transition of content” between the Windows 10 and Android phones, which includes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 18, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

You can now use Android Messages web app to send texts from your PC

Microsoft last month announced Your Phone app to enable a “seamless transition of content” between the Windows 10 and Android phones, which includes things like messages. Dell already has a similar solution called “Dell Mobile Connect“, and Google is also joining the push.

Google is today launching a web app of Android Messages called Messages for web. It’s a web app so you can access it in any browser on any platform including your PC-powered by Windows 10.

All you would need to do is access the Android Messages web app, and sync your smartphone to any laptop with a browser. You can also send and receive messages as long as both the devices are connected to an internet connection.

“Today and over the next week, we’ll begin rolling out Messages for web, one of our top-requested features that lets you send and receive texts from your computer,” Sanaz Ahari, Product Management Director said in a blog post.

How to send and receive texts from your PC with Android Messages

• Open Messages app on your phone.
    • Select “Messages for web” in the menu of the mobile app.
    • Open the new Messages for web from here.

At the moment, you can send text, stickers, emoji, and attach images. It’s likely that Google will soon update the web app to support additional features.

Microsoft has a better solution

Microsoft last month announced Your Phone app for Windows 10 devices that lets you take a photo that’s on your phone and access it on your PC without ever having to unlock your device.

The post You can now use Android Messages web app to send texts from your PC appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 18, 2018
  2. farlex85 Win User

Remote app for android

I recently traded in my iphone for an android, and just realized that hippo remote is iphone only. I'm looking for a similar app for android so I can use it as a remote for my htpc. Any suggestions?

farlex85, Jun 19, 2018
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    How to send an email that a phone receives as a text?

At my office, we want to have the ability to communicate with our electricians who are fairly low tech people. They don't check emails often, but text messaging would work fine for our need. I know with Verizon and Sprint you can using the text messaging app on the phone to text an email, and then if you reply to say L: 9995724770@VTEXT.COM that email will go to the phone as a text message.

Short of having all the electricians text an email to get these addresses, is there an easier way to go about this? I've never really dealt with mass texting before. Is say a Droid phone capable of sending a text to 40 people?

OrbitzXT, Jun 19, 2018
  4. StanYau Win User

Messaging App not sending texts?

Wait...

So, just to be clear?

• Windows 10 phones sync both Skype and SMS messages in Messaging app.
    • Windows 10 phones can send and receive Skype and SMS messages in Messaging.
    • Windows 10 PC syncs only Skype messages in Messaging.
    • Windows 10 PCs can send Skype messages in Messaging, but can only send SMS via Cortana?

Is that right, or have I missed something? That makes Messaging on PC kinda pointless, as, well, why wouldn't you just keep using the Skype desktop application? You can now use Android Messages web app to send texts from your PC :p

StanYau, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

1. You can now use Android Messages web app to send texts from your PC - Similar Threads - Android Messages web

2. Mail App send your messages using this name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App send your messages using this name: Hi Community, Since updating windows 10 and adding all my accounts back into the Mail app the option to : "send your messages using this name" had vanished from the sync options. Where can this now be found? [ATTACH]...
  3. Can I send a message to multiple people by using "Your Phone App" from my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I send a message to multiple people by using "Your Phone App" from my PC?: Hi, I'm using "Your Phone App" for sending text messages to my friends from my PC. At times, I need to send a message to multiple receivers, but don't know how to. Can I send a message to multiple people by using "Your Phone App" from my PC? Thanks in advance!...
  4. You can now send web links from Windows 10 to Android with Your Phone app

in Windows 10 News
    You can now send web links from Windows 10 to Android with Your Phone app: Microsoft is working on several features to bring Windows 10 and Android devices closer. The company recently launched Your Phone app to allow users to access photos and messages stored in the phone directly from the desktop. Microsoft’s Your Phone app has been updated with...
  5. How to send text messages from Windows 10 with Android Phone

in Windows 10 News
    How to send text messages from Windows 10 with Android Phone: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 and Android has come a long way. Microsoft offers the Phone app which allows one to connect the phone, and then access data. However, it needs Microsoft Launcher or Cortana to make it work. It brings notifications, messaging [...] This post How to...
  6. You can now run Android 8.1 Oreo on your PC with Android-x86 Project

in Windows 10 News
    You can now run Android 8.1 Oreo on your PC with Android-x86 Project: Android-x86 is an open-source project aimed at porting Android OS from the smartphones into the x-86 platform. This project was formerly known as “patch-hosting-for-android-x86-support” aimed at bringing Android to your PC. The developers have now announced the release of...
  7. View Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: View Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to View and Reply to Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC After you send text messages from your Android phone on your PC. Your Phone is an app that runs...
  8. Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to Send Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC After you text messages from your Android phone on your PC. Your Phone is an app that runs on your PC. It is...
  9. Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC: How to: Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC How to Send SMS Text Messages from Skype app on Windows 10 PC [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider build 14926, you can now send and receive SMS text messages from the updated Skype Preview...
  10. Messaging app - Send SMS Text Message on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Messaging app - Send SMS Text Message on Windows 10 PC: How to: Messaging app - Send SMS Text Message on Windows 10 PC How to Send SMS Text Message from Messaging app on Windows 10 PC [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10565, Skype messaging, calling and video capabilities come integrated into...