Windows 10: You CAN still access Control Panel in Creators Update

Discus and support You CAN still access Control Panel in Creators Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been wondering about this for a little while as I miss control panel for machine reliability which shows crashes and updates not normally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by banger, May 17, 2017.

1. banger Win User

You CAN still access Control Panel in Creators Update

I have been wondering about this for a little while as I miss control panel for machine reliability which shows crashes and updates not normally reported.

But I have found a way to access Control Panel from Settings. Open settings, click or tap Apps, in Related Settings you can see Programs and Features, tap or click this, then in the top left click or tap Control Panel Home.

Bit convoluted but it is still there which I am pleased about just not accessible from right clicking on the Start Menu Button.

:)

banger, May 17, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Can't open control panel's personalisation

Those videos must pre-date the Creators Update, those Control Panel extension were removed in that update . . .

A lot of users are still running 1607 (Anniversary Edition) and will still have access through the Control Panel

Click your Start Button, type winver, and hit enter. If you are on version 1703 you will not have access to Personalisation in the Control Panel

DaveM121, May 17, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    esrv.exe error

Please try this fix, there is a known issue between Intel Driver Update Utility and the Creators Update

• Go to Control Panel (accessible by right clicking your Start Menu button if you are not on the Creators Update, if you are, type Control Panel into Cortana Search)
    • Open Programs and Features.
    • Look for Intel Driver Update Utility, if you find it, uninstall it
    • Reboot

If you are running a Sony system, then this can also be caused by the Sony VaioCare Application . . .

DaveM121, May 17, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member
  5. melzel Win User
    Why not Windows Key +R (run) "control.exe" without the quotes.

melzel, May 17, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    Or type "cont" in search bar and it shows up.

swarfega, May 17, 2017
  7. banger Win User
    As I can see there are other ways. *Biggrin

banger, May 17, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

I have put the Customize Start List Folders in Windows 10) and from there pinned it to Start. Pinned the plain-vanilla Control Panel to Start too. I now have a choice of tiles for 'Control Panel' and 'God Mode'.

9. banger Win User
    Where is that like button. *Biggrin

banger, May 17, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    Bottom left corner of every post.

11. swarfega Win User
    Its not actually a like button but a reputation button which is more valuable.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. You CAN still access Control Panel in Creators Update - Similar Threads - still access Control

2. Flash Player Still in Control Panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash Player Still in Control Panel: I was searching for something in Control Panel and I happened upon Flash Player 32-bit. I have version 21H1 installed. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-player-still-in-control-panel/6020f8dd-ff97-4232-8609-122552fac26f
  3. Flash Player Still in Control Panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash Player Still in Control Panel: I was searching for something in Control Panel and I happened upon Flash Player 32-bit. I have version 21H1 installed. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-player-still-in-control-panel/6020f8dd-ff97-4232-8609-122552fac26f
  4. Flash Player Still in Control Panel

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Halo can you solve my Control Panel Problem? my menu in control panel can't find.. thanks...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Halo can you solve my Control Panel Problem? my menu in control panel can't find.. thanks...: Like that Display my Control Panel.. can you solve my problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/halo-can-you-solve-my-control-panel-problem-my/17a3e693-c145-42b2-9e3d-dc9f34040b9d
  6. Windows 10 hides one Control Panel feature, but you can still access it

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 hides one Control Panel feature, but you can still access it: Way back in 2015, Microsoft promised that Windows 10 Settings will eventually supersede Control Panel, but the Control Panel is still a very important part of the operating system. Ever since the launch of metro-themed Windows 8 users have had to deal with two separate ways...
  7. Notifications Panel & controlled folder access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notifications Panel & controlled folder access: I understand the value in getting NOTIFICATIONS in Windows 10 on the right side panel, including the Controlled Folder Access notifications from Windows Defender. However, there seems to be quite a number of CFA notifications (a good thing) but I wish that there was a way to...
  8. Control Panel/ Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel/ Windows update: I was looking through my control panel this morning and I saw Update for Windows 10 for x64-based system(kb40...... as one of the apps installed on january 11 2018 and I was wondering if I should delete it...
  9. Windows update is not in the control panel,

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update is not in the control panel,: Windows update is not in the control panel, where is it? 14814
  10. Cannot access the Sound control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot access the Sound control panel: This has been happening for a while, but i never felt the need to fix it because I never actually "needed" to be here. Until one day the microphone decides to turn off and I can't really do anything. When I right click on the sound button on the task bar, it shows five...