Windows 10: You can't downgrade ?

Discus and support You can't downgrade ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; From what I'm hearing one can't downgrade from pro to home, correct ? If that's the case, what would happen if ? I have 2 laptops which came with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sn00ker, Dec 1, 2015.

1. sn00ker Win User

You can't downgrade ?

From what I'm hearing one can't downgrade from pro to home, correct ? If that's the case, what would happen if ? I have 2 laptops which came with windows 7 home. I bought both brand new with windows 7 home . What I done with both was loaded them up and registered them with the manufacturer for warranty purposes . Afterwards, I removed both original hard drives and installed new HDD's for both . I then installed windows 8 pro on both . From what I'm told by MS these 8's are retail versions . Okay, then I upgraded both to 10 pro and both got activated with no problems. Since retail are transferable ? What I like to know now if I were to places back the original hard drives back to both my laptops with windows 7 home and I went to upgrade them to 10, which would I have 10 home or pro ? Don't forget I will be using the original product keys of windows 7 home for the upgrade. Oh yeah, And I now want to load my 8 pro retail versions to different computers

:)

sn00ker, Dec 1, 2015
  2. 6280---01 Win User

N73 firmware 4.0723.2.0.1 unable to use gps, any change to downgrade ?

You can't downgrade.

Maybe they might just might downgrade if you persuade a nokia service centre

6280---01, Dec 1, 2015
  3. GPS NOT WORKING!!! Nokia E66 Firmware 500.21.009 release date 02.06.2010

you can't downgrade

pavilion_alex---01, Dec 1, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

You can't downgrade ?

You will get Home since that is the version that would be on the hard drive when you upgraded to 10. Run ShowkeyPlus and post result here. Click on the keys to hide them automatically with ***S. The one I didn't hide is a generic key used for the upgrade to 10. Looks like this:

You can't downgrade ? [​IMG]

Ztruker, Dec 1, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    You can't downgrade the Pro to Home. Supposedly, theNovember update of Windows 10 should activate by entering a Windows 7/8/8.1 product key. So, supposedly, you should be able to clean install Windows 10 Home and activate it by entering the Windows 7 Home product key for that computer. And you can definitely, 100% upgrade a Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home. After you do that, the computer will have an activation for both Windows 10 Home and Pro stored on Microsoft activation servers and you can activate either version by just using the generic product key for that version in the future.

NavyLCDR, Dec 1, 2015
  6. sn00ker Win User
    Now to see if I can dual boot both home and pro since the server should recognize both.

sn00ker, Dec 1, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    I am.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

You can't downgrade ?

1. You can't downgrade ? - Similar Threads - can't downgrade

2. Why can't I downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10?: I just installed windows 11 yesterday, hated it went to sleep, and am now trying to revert back. I have found that i have 10 days, but the button to revert back to windows 10 is not in my system setting. What do I do? I use my Laptop for gaming, and I bought an HP Laptop...
  3. Why can't I downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10?: I just installed windows 11 yesterday, hated it went to sleep, and am now trying to revert back. I have found that i have 10 days, but the button to revert back to windows 10 is not in my system setting. What do I do? I use my Laptop for gaming, and I bought an HP Laptop...
  4. Lost key, can't downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost key, can't downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home: Hi,My pc died after power switch during updating the system.I managed to reinstall system, but by mistake I installed Win ProI don't have key for that, so watermark is still on my screen, sadly I lost it with super old pc box.When I'm getting to activation of my key there's...
  5. Lost key, can't downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home

Lost key, can't downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home: Hi,My pc died after power switch during updating the system.I managed to reinstall system, but by mistake I installed Win ProI don't have key for that, so watermark is still on my screen, sadly I lost it with super old pc box.When I'm getting to activation of my key there's...
  6. Lost key, can't downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 downgrade can't reverse and go back to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 downgrade can't reverse and go back to windows 11?: I downloaded windows 10 on a windows 11 gaming computer yesterday to try and get an adapter working. When I try to reinstall windows 11 it's not working. There's got to be a way to get it upgraded again? I'm seeing various answers on the internet with some saying you can't...
  8. Windows 10 downgrade can't reverse and go back to windows 11?

Windows 10 downgrade can't reverse and go back to windows 11?: I downloaded windows 10 on a windows 11 gaming computer yesterday to try and get an adapter working. When I try to reinstall windows 11 it's not working. There's got to be a way to get it upgraded again? I'm seeing various answers on the internet with some saying you can't...
  9. Windows 10 downgrade can't reverse and go back to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Can't connect to internet after downgrading to windows 8.1 from windows 11

Can't connect to internet after downgrading to windows 8.1 from windows 11: I have a desktop pc using windows 8.1 . I want to try out windows 11 but after awhile I'm just bored. So I did a clean installation of windows 8.1, and my internet just doesn't work anymore. When I tried to install the driver it says "Windows could not find a driver for your...