Windows 10: "You do not have permission to access..." shares on Win 7 PC

Discus and support "You do not have permission to access..." shares on Win 7 PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've recently bought a DELL venue pro 11 with Win 10. I've updated to V1511 build 10586.29. I'm trying to access shared drives on a Win 7 PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Onum, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Onum Win User

"You do not have permission to access..." shares on Win 7 PC

Hi, I've recently bought a DELL venue pro 11 with Win 10. I've updated to V1511 build 10586.29.

I'm trying to access shared drives on a Win 7 PC over wifi but I can only access the public folder not any other shares, even though their permissions are "full control" for everyone.

Initially, the networked Win 7 pc would show in File explorer on the Win 10 tablet but wouldn't open on double-clicking giving a "Cannot open ...... the network path cannot be found" message.

Pressing cancel and double clicking again usually opened the location and displayed the shares but I get the "You do not have permission... " message when trying to open shares other than the public folder.

Rebooting the tablet and trying again gave the same "network path can't be found message" and clicking the troubleshooter gave the "Missing network protocols" message discussed in another post in this forum.

Applying the fixes for this problem given by DaveI in the "Win10 suddenly stopped seeing other computers on network" thread allowed me to access the networked location without errors/messages but I still can't access shares other than the public folder due to the "permissions" issues.

Going the other way, I can happily browse the Win 10 tablet shares from the Win 7 PC without issues however.

Both PC's are in the default workgroup (WORKGROUP). The network/sharing options are discovery "on", File/Printer Sharing "On", Password protected sharing "Off" Public folder sharing "on" for all network types and I have use 128bit encryption turned "on" in both cases.

From what I can tell the management of shares in 10 is a bit shonkey and many people are struggling with it so maybe an update is required further down the line, but I would be grateful if anyone has any solutions as it's "quite frustrating"

Cheers

:)

2. Win 7 SR1 machine can't access folders/files on Win 10 machine - one-way communications only.

I have a home network that has two Win 7 SR1 PCs and a laptop upgraded with Win 10. The Win 10 laptop can access the Win 7 PCs' folders/files as one would expect but will not work in the opposite direction. When I attempt to go from the Win 7 platform
    to the Win 10 platform I get "Access denied" or "You need owner permission/contact your administrator." I have checked and rechecked file and device settings for sharing. I am not interested in using the cloud (the two Win 7 platforms can't access the cloud
    anyway plus I have 6Tb of network attached storage). All platforms seem to be able to read and write to the NAS devices and there is bi-directional communication with network printers and other devices. Any solutions out there for getting the Win 7 platforms
    to read and write on the Win 10 platform?

Steven A.Gardner, Dec 12, 2015
  3. Help with error: you do not have permission to access \\10.10.10.10

I am trying to connect to a printer in the my shared office. I have win10 pro. Hitting run \\10.10.10.10. I get the following error message "you do not have permission to access \\10.10.10.10. contact your network administrator to request access". No one
    else in our shared office has problem to access the printer and I have tried "everything". Any ideas?

Frank Rognli (Frank), Dec 12, 2015
Thema:

"You do not have permission to access..." shares on Win 7 PC

1. "You do not have permission to access..." shares on Win 7 PC - Similar Threads - permission access shares

2. Windows cannot access {share path}. You do not have permission to access {share path}....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot access {share path}. You do not have permission to access {share path}....: Hello All!I hope you're doing good. I have Active Directory set-up on Windows Server 2019 and a NAS on a separate server with SMB shares, authenticated using Active directory. As long as the systems Joined in the Domain are connected to the network, they are able to access...
  3. Access denied you do not have permission to access this pc

Access denied you do not have permission to access this pc: After upgrading to Win 10 version 20H2 and then going back to version 2004 because 20H2 caused the PC to run to slow and some programs would not open. I now can no longer access the PC that went through the upgrade and then roll back by the other 2 PC's that did not go...
  4. Photos you do not have permission to access.

Photos you do not have permission to access.: How do I unlock photos Windows 10 to many photos to unlock one at time Pennyc1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-you-do-not-have-permission-to-access/eba93b17-3e6f-4415-9f2d-d6e0d52a60b3"
  5. Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access

Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access: Just added a new Win 10 Pro desktop to the network. It needs to access a Win 7 desktop shared folder. I get the error message Windows cannot access \\NAComp1-PC Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a network problem. 0x80070035 The network path...
  6. You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device: Hello, I am having an issue that I have been working on for weeks now and have been unable to find a solution. It seems out of the blue, my computer has denied me permission to access any and all removable media through usb. All my thumb-drives, all my sd-readers, and two...
  7. You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device

in Windows 10 Support
    You Do Not Have Permission To Access This Device: Hello, I am having an issue that I have been working on for weeks now and have been unable to find a solution. It seems out of the blue, my computer has denied me permission to access any and all removable media through usb. All my thumb-drives, all my sd-readers, and two...
  8. You do not have permission to access this folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You do not have permission to access this folder: I have recently installed Ubandu 18.10 on a rack server, and have a 400Gb+ntfs partion which I have files on, and shared that folder using samba. (I have even included a guest share in the samba setting). On both of my windows 10 machines (desktop and laptop), I can see...
  9. You do not have permission to access \\PC123

You do not have permission to access \\PC123: Hi, I have 4 PCs on my home network of which 2 are running under Win7 and are part of a Home group and 2 running under Win10 that cannot join my Home group. In File Explorer on PCs running under Win7, I can see an icon named Home group. I can access each other PCs running...
  10. You do not have permission to access \\johndoe.

You do not have permission to access \\johndoe.: I have three computers that share files on one of the three. We have had no problems doing this until recently. Now I can find files on that computer by clicking on a Quick Access folder, which is on that computer, but I cannot save files there. In order to do so, I have...