Windows 10: "You don't currently have permission to access this folder"....

Discus and support "You don't currently have permission to access this folder".... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; "You don't currently have permission to access this folder".... I had this problem before and solved it by right clicking the affected folder ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ron Wolpa, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Ron Wolpa Win User

"You don't currently have permission to access this folder"....

I had this problem before and solved it by right clicking the affected folder , choosing the security tab and so acquiring total control.
    But this time is going on with J:\ drive that is my smartphone´s SD card plugged on a usb port of my desktop (it was working until a couple of minutes ago).
    No use to right click for properties as the Security tab is not available.
    Well , any suggestion ? Thank you.

:)

Ron Wolpa, Aug 12, 2016

2. Accessing folders

I am having trouble accessing some of my photo folders. I get a message that "I don't currently have permission to access this folder"

DaveCairns, Aug 12, 2016
  3. You don't currently have permission to access this folder

Try the administrator's way:

• Log on under an admin account.
    • Create a desktop shortcut for cmd.exe.
    • Left-click this shortcut, then right-click Run as administrator.
    • Accept the challenge.
    • Type these commands and press Enter after each:

takeown /F D:\ /R

cacls D:\ /T /C /G everyone:F

(answer Yes when asked "Are you sure?")

Frederik Long, Aug 12, 2016
Thema:

1. "You don't currently have permission to access this folder".... - Similar Threads - don't currently permission

2. You don't currently have permission to access this folder. (plot twist, it's not a folder).

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You don't currently have permission to access this folder. (plot twist, it's not a folder).: Hi, When I try to open a mounted partition D:\ (exFat SSD) I get this error: You don't currently have permission to access this folder. Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder. So, I click just to get this error: You have been denied permission to...
  3. you don't have currently access to this folder

you don't have currently access to this folder: I can not get access to any external USB connected drive. I have tried all options and scanned youtube etc to change access rights nothing works....
  4. Downloads - You don't currently have permission to access this folder

Downloads - You don't currently have permission to access this folder: Please help me to solve the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-you-dont-currently-have-permission-to/2984c174-6f5d-432a-9b7c-e0ce3795fd4a"
  5. You do not have permission to access this folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    You do not have permission to access this folder: I have recently installed Ubandu 18.10 on a rack server, and have a 400Gb+ntfs partion which I have files on, and shared that folder using samba. (I have even included a guest share in the samba setting). On both of my windows 10 machines (desktop and laptop), I can see...
  6. '' you don't currently have permission to access this folder'' on windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    '' you don't currently have permission to access this folder'' on windows 10: when I try to access my USB I get this message '' you don't currently have permission to access this folder'' (on windows 10 ) any help would be appreciated...
  7. ''you dont currently have permission to access this folder''

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ''you dont currently have permission to access this folder'': I have seen some advice re open the security tab on the usb which access to is being denied. Unfortunately there is no security tab on the usb. ca you help please. Regards michael...
  8. Internet .... Access Denied You Don't have permission to access ....

in Browsers and Email
    Internet .... Access Denied You Don't have permission to access ....: While searching the web for a number of things using Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Avast SafeZone I came across: Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://www.baskinrobbins.com/" on this server. Reference #18.a6921602.1473777976.6a63591 and Access...
  9. Access Denied. You don't have permission to access "" on this server.

Access Denied. You don't have permission to access "" on this server.: ERROR MESSAGEAccess Denied You don't have permission to access "Steam Community :: Error" on this server.Reference #18.b1f31502.1439008845.47ab9a03 Hello there, I use steam. So basically what's happening is that sometimes, randomly I get this error message because of...
  10. USB storage: You don't currently have permission to access this folder

in Windows 10 Support
    USB storage: You don't currently have permission to access this folder: Good morning, I hope someone can help me with the problem. I get the following errors when connecting any USB storage to my laptop: You don't currently have permission to access this folder & You have been denied permission to access this folder. When I got my new...