Windows 10: "You must be an administrator running a console session to use fsc."

Discus and support "You must be an administrator running a console session to use fsc." in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; sfc /scannow worked well until I reinstalled Windows 10 version 1607 (build 14393.105) with a version 1607 (build 14393.10) .iso file, which buiid, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by hyperneph, Sep 15, 2016.

1. hyperneph Win User

"You must be an administrator running a console session to use fsc."

sfc /scannow worked well until I reinstalled Windows 10 version 1607 (build 14393.105) with a version 1607 (build 14393.10) .iso file, which buiid, I immediately updated back to build 14303.105. After reinstalling but a few of my previously installed apps and programs, I found several malfunctions--regrettably, I cannot recall the nature of these malfunctions. After piddling around with them (the malfunctions) for several days without success, I tried to solve the problem by running sfc /scannow from an elevated command prompt, After two days of constant failure which consistently ended with the error message: “You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility”. I am the administrator, I am running a console session, and I have set sfc's permissions to "full control" for the administrator. I am going to try to rerun sfc as the built-in administrator next, but I feel this will also be fruitless. I would prefer to learn the solution to this sfc problem rather than go to a system "refresh" leaving my personal data intact--my next step prior to a complete restore/reinstall. I have encountered this sfc problem on occasion before, but have solved it by simply restarting the laptop. i would very much appreciate any help with this sfc problem. I have come upon this same question several times searching internet, and it always receives the same inadequate response--run sfc /scannow with administrative priviliges from an administrative/elevated command prompt.

Thank you in advance.

:)

hyperneph, Sep 15, 2016

2. File explorer in windows 10

it's telling me I "must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc facitlity" ?

JulianWade, Sep 15, 2016
  3. Erdeslawe Win User
    Application display size addjustments in Windows 10

Right Click on the Start Button (Windows Logo) and Select 'Command Prompt (Admin)'

Erdeslawe, Sep 15, 2016
Thema:

"You must be an administrator running a console session to use fsc."

1. "You must be an administrator running a console session to use fsc." - Similar Threads - must administrator running

2. can't change UAC settings, you must be logged on as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't change UAC settings, you must be logged on as administrator: I have a windows 10 machine on our domain. The user is a domain user with regular user permissions on this computer. I need to turn off UAC for her account. With her account logged on, I open UAC, it prompts for admin username and password, I enter my admin username and...
  3. SFC/scannow ERROR "You must be an Administrator."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC/scannow ERROR "You must be an Administrator.": When I try to run SFC/scannow on Command Prompt running as Administrator, I get a message saying I "must be an Administrator running a console session in order to use the SFC utility." I AM RUNNING IT AS AN ADMINISTRATOR. In fact, I chose "Command prompt; run as...
  4. SFC/scannow ERROR "You must be an Administrator."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC/scannow ERROR "You must be an Administrator.": When I try to run SFC/scannow on Command Prompt running as Administrator, I get a message saying I "must be an Administrator running a console session in order to use the SFC utility." I AM RUNNING IT AS AN ADMINISTRATOR. In fact, I chose "Command prompt; run as...
  5. SFC/scannow ERROR "You must be an Administrator."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    you must have administrative privileges to install or uninstall this product: How to activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-must-have-administrative-privileges-to-install/d922c391-c679-4a55-b079-daba62646163
  7. console session as adm

console session as adm: can not run sfc /scannow then the cmd window tells me I must be logged in as the administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility. I am logged in as the administrator . Please help....
  8. Sessions in Microsoft Management Console

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sessions in Microsoft Management Console: Hi, May I know the architecture of where the sessions opened for CIFS shares are stored? Does it use a Microsoft Database? Is there any article supporting this?...
  9. console session as an administrator

console session as an administrator: Console session as an administrator doesn't start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/console-session-as-an-administrator/92267398-4429-4ed9-8c48-20ddd599e592
  10. Software installer must run as administrator or there is a problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software installer must run as administrator or there is a problem: My computer has only one account and it's an administrator account. I have UAC disabled. If I want to install something, I must run it as administrator or it pops a window says "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.A DLL required for this install to...