Windows 10: "You Need The Internet For This" Error Message

Discus and support "You Need The Internet For This" Error Message in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I updated to Windows 10 this morning and everything has been working great aside from one issue. Cortana, the Xbox App, and a few others that require... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Audega, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Audega Win User

"You Need The Internet For This" Error Message

I updated to Windows 10 this morning and everything has been working great aside from one issue. Cortana, the Xbox App, and a few others that require me to sign in using my Windows ID give me a message saying "You'll need the internet for this," and won't let me sign in. However, my computer is connected to the internet, it's how I'm writing this post. Is this due to server load?

:)

Audega, Jul 28, 2015

2. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Jul 28, 2015
  3. okinawa---01, Jul 28, 2015
  4. "You Need The Internet For This" Error Message

Just a thought: Windows firewall?

markweatherill, Jul 28, 2015
  5. Audega Win User
    No, even when disabling the firewall, I still have the same issue.

Audega, Jul 28, 2015
  6. polo2883 Win User
    I bet if you check your network connections there are non listed.

I am having a similar issue. Cannot get network connections after upgrading to Windows 10.

polo2883, Jul 28, 2015
  7. Audega Win User
    I'm not having a problem getting online, just certain apps say I don't have access to the Internet. I'm currently connected to my home network. When I look at my network connections my network appears. My issue is that the apps that require me to sign in using my Windows ID say that I don't have access to the internet, but I clearly do, otherwise I wouldn't be posting in this forum right now.

Audega, Jul 28, 2015
  8. Velos Win User

Audega, I'm having the exact same problem... Internet and connection works fine for everything else except for some of the built in windows 10 apps. Sometimes I do get an error with the "you need the internet" message and its different for every app.

Velos, Jul 29, 2015
  9. Velos Win User
    I may have gotten somewhere with this... Try adding a Microsoft email account to your login profile. After I did that I was able to access all the apps that I previously could not.

Velos, Jul 29, 2015
  10. Akane Win User
    Trt to login in the windows edge first and then login with the application

Akane, Jul 29, 2015
  11. gwang5 Win User
    I have logged in with my Microsoft email account, but still I have the same problem as the first poster... Programs like Steam, Google Chrome etc. all don't work, saying that I do not have an Internet connection, but I clearly do since I can access and use Microsoft Edge. Any help from the Microsoft team?

gwang5, Aug 3, 2015
  12. 3mptylord Win User
    When I first set-up my account I linked it to my Microsoft account. However, still have the same problem. Bumping for help.

3mptylord, Oct 14, 2015
  13. nelyed Win User

Verify your connection. Click on Tools from Internet Explorer, select Internet Options, select Connections tab, click LAN Settings and ensure "Automatically detect settings" is checked.

nelyed, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "You Need The Internet For This" Error Message - Similar Threads - Need Internet Error

2. "You''ll need the Internet for this"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You''ll need the Internet for this": I am constantly getting this error message that I am not connected to the internet when I try to login to my user account. This started when linked in my Microsoft account to my existing user account from account manager. When I click "sign in", an error appears.The error...
  3. "You''ll need the Internet for this"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You''ll need the Internet for this": I am constantly getting this error message that I am not connected to the internet when I try to login to my user account. This started when linked in my Microsoft account to my existing user account from account manager. When I click "sign in", an error appears.The error...
  4. "You''ll need the Internet for this"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. you"ll need internet for this error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you"ll need internet for this error: you"ll need internet for this error 0x800704cf i tride everything changing dns server flushing dns server i reseted my computer without deleting my files so pls help...
  6. you"ll need internet for this error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    you"ll need internet for this error: you"ll need internet for this error 0x800704cf i tride everything changing dns server flushing dns server i reseted my computer without deleting my files so pls help...
  7. you"ll need internet for this error

8. you are not connected to the internet error message

you are not connected to the internet error message: I've been trying to install a program. 888poker_installer. I keep getting the message, "you are not connected to the internet." But i am connected and can go on any other site. I've tried turning off the firewall but the program still doesn't install. I tried adding all...
  9. You will need the Internet for this: error 0x800704cf

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You will need the Internet for this: error 0x800704cf: Every time I try to log in to the Microsoft store in Windows 10, I receive this error message, which says "It doesn't seem like you're connected to the Internet. Try again." Although I am completely 100% connected to the Internet and everything else works fine for me. I have...
  10. 0x800704cf error. You will need the internet for this

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    0x800704cf error. You will need the internet for this: [ATTACH] My system is a HP Pavilion Notebook (Model No. Y4F74PA#ACJ) I am using Microsoft Windows 10 (Version 1903- OS Build 18362.207). This error has been there for a while now, whenever I try to sign in to the store, It throws me this error, even though internet is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. youll need the internet for this error message

2. logifetch missing windows 10

3. microsoft apps error internet access required 0xCAA30194