Windows 10: You Need the Internet for This Error When Opening Images

Discus and support You Need the Internet for This Error When Opening Images in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I try to open an image that is on my desktop, my computer gives me the "You Need Internet for This" error. I have seen similar posts in other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mdyson79, Aug 23, 2016.

1. mdyson79 Win User

You Need the Internet for This Error When Opening Images

When I try to open an image that is on my desktop, my computer gives me the "You Need Internet for This" error. I have seen similar posts in other threads regarding this message when trying to open apps that require internet, but not simply to open an image using the Windows Picture Viewer.

Am I missing something?

:)

mdyson79, Aug 23, 2016

2. error 0x800704cf, "You need Internet access for this"

Hello,

I have been getting this a lot; error 0x800704cf, "You need Internet access for this", when accessing MICROSOFT STORE. I do have an Internet connection, my password and account are fine, I am logged on. This is frustrating.

BudJenkins13, Aug 23, 2016
  3. error 0x800704cf, "You need Internet access for this"

Start by running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot Scroll down to the bottom Click Windows Store Apps Click Run the troubleshooter When complete try opening the Store again. Also check if the
    Store works in another user account. Press Windows key + R Type: wsreset.exe Hit Enter Do this a couple times then try launching the Store again. Your Antivirus might be interfering with the Store, try disabling it 'temporarily' to see if it launches. Check
    Windows Update and install the latest updates. Sometimes Microsoft releases infrastructure fixes for the Store through Windows Update.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 23, 2016
  4. You Need the Internet for This Error When Opening Images

Well what type of file is it? Does it point to an image on a website?

orlbuckeye, Aug 23, 2016
  5. mdyson79 Win User
    Standard jpg file. It is saved straight from my camera, nothing to do with a website, or the web in general.

mdyson79, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

You Need the Internet for This Error When Opening Images

1. You Need the Internet for This Error When Opening Images - Similar Threads - Need Internet Error

2. "You''ll need the Internet for this"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You''ll need the Internet for this": I am constantly getting this error message that I am not connected to the internet when I try to login to my user account. This started when linked in my Microsoft account to my existing user account from account manager. When I click "sign in", an error appears.The error...
  3. you"ll need internet for this error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you"ll need internet for this error: you"ll need internet for this error 0x800704cf i tride everything changing dns server flushing dns server i reseted my computer without deleting my files so pls help...
  4. you"ll need internet for this error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    you"ll need internet for this error: you"ll need internet for this error 0x800704cf i tride everything changing dns server flushing dns server i reseted my computer without deleting my files so pls help...
  5. you"ll need internet for this error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Error when opening images

Error when opening images: I get file system error -805305975 when opening different types of images JPG, PNG etc. Please any help is appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-opening-images/01c7da70-445d-4f65-ac88-0c5058b36b8e
  7. "You'll the need internet for this" error when opening Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "You'll the need internet for this" error when opening Microsoft Store: The error mentioned in the title keeps coming up when I open microsoft store. I cannot install any apps because of this. I get a similar error when using the xbox app, and other apps installed using the store crash upon opening....
  8. You will need the Internet for this: error 0x800704cf

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You will need the Internet for this: error 0x800704cf: Every time I try to log in to the Microsoft store in Windows 10, I receive this error message, which says "It doesn't seem like you're connected to the Internet. Try again." Although I am completely 100% connected to the Internet and everything else works fine for me. I have...
  9. 0x800704cf error. You will need the internet for this

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    0x800704cf error. You will need the internet for this: [ATTACH] My system is a HP Pavilion Notebook (Model No. Y4F74PA#ACJ) I am using Microsoft Windows 10 (Version 1903- OS Build 18362.207). This error has been there for a while now, whenever I try to sign in to the store, It throws me this error, even though internet is...
  10. "You Need The Internet For This" Error Message

"You Need The Internet For This" Error Message: I updated to Windows 10 this morning and everything has been working great aside from one issue. Cortana, the Xbox App, and a few others that require me to sign in using my Windows ID give me a message saying "You'll need the internet for this," and won't let me sign in....