Windows 10: "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc"

Discus and support "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc" in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I try to open Google Chrome, I get an error message saying "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc" I don't even know how to download whatever... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by HeyPeoplez, Jul 10, 2018.

1. "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc"

When I try to open Google Chrome, I get an error message saying "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc"
    I don't even know how to download whatever that is.

Thank you for any help!

:)

HeyPeoplez, Jul 10, 2018

2. You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc, how do I fix this

Hi Christianna,

There are several reasons why the "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc" message appears on your PC. It can be due to a corrupted user profile or the store app is missing or broken. For us to better assist you, we'd like to request
    for additional details. Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Have you tried creating a new user profile to check if it will show the same behavior?
    • Are you getting the pop-up message when opening or installing apps?

We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 10, 2018
  4. "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc"

Store crashes in window 10 : you'll need a new app to open this: ms-windows-store

I just added my wife, Melissa, as a new user account and now the Microsoft Store app is not even listed. When I click on adding an app from your Edge homepage it still shows the window:

You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store

I have already typed in the powershell commands suggested and restarted and its still not working. What is the next step? I am using a Dell XPS All In One that started with WIndows 8 - upgraded to 8.1 and then upgraded to WIndows 10.

Thanks in advance, Jeff

MelissaDickman, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

"You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc"

1. "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc" - Similar Threads - You'll need app

2. You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc link how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc link how do i fix this?: This has been going since i factory resetted my computer about 6 months ago and my microsoft store isnt thereany help would be gladly appreciatedi've been trying to get all of the PIDS using task manager and making a batfile to automatically terminate them but i've seen that...
  3. You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc: You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this-ms-wpc/43bb3a1f-f6a4-4eea-a5ee-34198bdba2c6
  4. You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc: You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this-ms-wpc/43bb3a1f-f6a4-4eea-a5ee-34198bdba2c6
  5. You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc link popup not dissapearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc link popup not dissapearing: i am doing literally nothing and every 30 seconds to 2 minutes a pop up says i need a new app to open this ms-wpc, im not opening anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this-ms-wpc-link/4d0c76cd-39b6-42ad-b128-a5a9bec91e2e
  6. Windows 10 : "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc -link"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 : "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc -link": Hello, When logging on to 3 other family members profiles i get the same errors. "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc -link" only on my own admin profile does everything seem to work ok. Ive looked online and can't seem to find a solution that works for "-link" . How...
  7. You'll need an new app to open this ms-wpc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You'll need an new app to open this ms-wpc: Every time I log into my computer, I keep getting this error, with everything on my computer gone. Is there a way to get rid of it without using the Administrator privilege? [ATTACH]...
  8. need a new app to open this file: ms-wpc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    need a new app to open this file: ms-wpc: Hello! The popup asking me to open the file with Microsoft store keeps popping up. I have tried the solutions provided when I search up the problem, however the popup still happens sometimes even twice in a row. I really don't know what to do at this point, any help is...
  9. "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc": Hello everyone, As my first post to the community, this may be a little amateur, but I'll try my best. Every time I try to launch an app (Google Chrome, Spotify, Discord, etc.) it does not launch my app, and says "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc". I've searched...
  10. "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc": When I try to open Google Chrome, I get an error message saying "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc" I don't even know how to download whatever that is. Thank you for any help! 113842

Users found this page by searching for:

1. youll need a new app to open this ms-wpc

2. apps to open ms wpc

3. you will need an app to open this on windowsphone

4. youll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc,
  5. chrome windows 10 wont open? youll need an app to open this ms-wpc,
  6. youll need a new app to open ms-wpc