Windows 10: "You'll need a new app to open this..."

Discus and support "You'll need a new app to open this..." in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, my first post! I recently installed "WhatsApp" on my laptop (running Windows 10). Soon thereafter I started getting the following behavior:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rynhof, Jul 1, 2017.

1. rynhof Win User

"You'll need a new app to open this..."

Hi all, my first post!

I recently installed "WhatsApp" on my laptop (running Windows 10). Soon thereafter I started getting the following behavior:

When opening a new tab in Firefox (54.0.1, 32-bit), I'd get a little popup that says "You'll need a new app to open this WhatsApp" and an option to "look for this app in Store" (see attached screenshot). Unable to resolve this, I uninstalled the App using Revo Uninstaller, but the problem persists. I've also removed all instances of WhatsApp in the registry. Any idea what's going on?

:)

rynhof, Jul 1, 2017

2. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Jul 1, 2017
  3. Windeze Win User
    Windows Apps

I keep getting the message "you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store"?

Windeze, Jul 1, 2017
  4. Hydrate Win User

Perhaps whatever application you installed from the "whatsapp" altered HTML settings.

Please navigate to settings from start menu.

"You'll need a new app to open this..." [​IMG]

Select Default Apps.

Then scroll down to find .htm and .html

And change the app to set them both to your favored web browser. I have Adobe Acrobat DC because I like the GUI and options it provides me with .HTML.

Hydrate, Jul 1, 2017
  5. rynhof Win User
    Thanks, Hydrate.

It looks like both .htm and .html are properly associated with firefox.

rynhof, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "You'll need a new app to open this..." - Similar Threads - You'll need app

2. You'll need a new app to open this

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need a new app to open this: How to turn off this pop up [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this/dd55ff4b-ccf0-4604-985d-379f6892ec63
  3. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender: Hello All, I try to open anything in the "Windows Security" page in Settings, it prompts me to open it with a new app and the only thing available is the Microsoft Store. I click "Virus & threat protection," and the prompt comes up with "You'll need a new app to open this...
  4. you'll need a new app to open this

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    you'll need a new app to open this: Just got update to Windows 10. Trying to read some of the tips, but every time I click on ANYTHING it gives me the message "you'll need a new app to open this" but I can't seem to get the app, whatever app it is. When I click onFeedback I get the same message. I'm looking...
  5. You'll need a new App to open this duellinks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new App to open this duellinks: Hello. I have downloaded a game off of steam called Duel Links. I have this game on my IOS phone, and there is a feature called Konami ID which allows you to transfer data between devices, which I have set up. When I click on the Transfer data settings in-game, it takes my to...
  6. You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender: Good Day, I just got a new computer with a windows 10 home in it. I want to turn off windows defender but I cant seem to turn it off. It gives a pop up that says 'You'll need need a new app to open this : windowsdefender'. This is affecting other window settings I wish to...
  7. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender

in Windows 10 Customization
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender: I keep getting stuff from Windows Defender and I want to open it but then I get the error in the title. I have Avast (free version) but I was getting the error before I installed Avast. How do I fix this? If you do need it here is my computer's specs Dell Latitude E6530...
  8. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  9. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Support
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  10. you'll need a new app to open this magnet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    you'll need a new app to open this magnet: when i click on a magnet to download, i get the above message and can't do anything. Can anyone help?*Sad 42198