Windows 10: Your Location Is Currently In Use

Discus and support Your Location Is Currently In Use in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use windows 10 on my laptop. I have gotten this quite a bit message on the bottom right of my laptop where the icon comes up. Can someone tell me why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulyjustin, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Your Location Is Currently In Use

I use windows 10 on my laptop. I have gotten this quite a bit message on the bottom right of my laptop where the icon comes up. Can someone tell me why im getting this message? And most importantly, does it matter?

And should i be turning it off? I read that its windows wanting to know where your location is? So is it better to have it turned off? I don't see any benefit of it on as i read that if your location service is on, windows, apps and services can use your location. Also is the way to turn it off by going to location and then turning location service off?

Alos there seems that be an option that allows you to clear history on this device for location history. Is there a point of this or not? Also how do i know what program was using my location. I use programs like skype and a few others etc. For security purposes, is it better to have it turned off? Again, i dont know purpose of having it on.

:)

paulyjustin, Feb 15, 2018

2. Minecraft is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001

Thanks for answering the questions above. We're glad to know that the issue has been resolved. If you have any other concerns, feel free to post anytime.

Regards.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 15, 2018
  3. Allen305 Win User
    Minecraft is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001

Thanks for your reply. Minecraft mysteriously began working shortly after I started this Forum Thread. If I had a corrupted game file, then it healed itself.

FYI

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this concern?
    No, but there was a mysterious Windows Pro Activation issue which was resolved by Microsoft Activation Person via a Chat session and a remote connect to my PC. My Windows 10 Pro was up-to-date, v1709 (Build 16248) and activated with a Digital License. I updated
    it some time ago from version 8.1 which originally came from a DVD Install disc with a Product Key. The Microsoft person had to generate a new Product Key after trying every other activation process known to them.

• Are you experiencing this issue with your other games?
    No, the Minecraft JAVA Edition worked correctly.

• What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    I tried downloading the Minecraft Windows 10 Edition from the Microsoft Store, but it said I already owned it, see previous message screen print attachment. I ran SFC / scannow which returned zero errors. I ran CHKDSK C: which found no errors. I Ran Troubleshooter
    for Windows Apps which found nothing wrong. Finally, I tried a Windows App Reset for Minecraft, but the game still would not start.

• Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?
    See previous answer.

I think the problem occurred because of the new Product Key which was generated the day before via Microsoft Activation Chat Session. I don't know why the game mysteriously started working.

Have a great day!

Allen305, Feb 15, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Your Location Is Currently In Use

Hello Pauly,

The Location service allows Windows and apps to know your location when requested. For example, the Maps and Weather apps so you don't have to manually input your location, and Cortana requires it. If you don't use Cortana and don't mind manually entering your location, then you can just turn it off.

You can turn off the Location service for the computer or just your account, or only turn it off for specific apps.

*Arrow Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Feb 15, 2018
  5. Hi there. But what about other programs though like skype of say a logitech webcam? No i don't use cortana.

But is it better to turn it off for security purposes? Or it has nothing to do with it?

paulyjustin, Feb 15, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I suppose some could consider it a possible invasion of privacy with Windows and apps knowing your location. It wouldn't be a security risk though.

It really depends on what you are comfortable with and if you use it or not. If you are comfortable with some apps knowing your location and not others, then you could just turn on/off location for the apps you want.

It won't hurt anything if you prefer to have location turned off for the device completely. If something requests you location, it'll notify you, and you could then decide if you wanted to turn it back on or not.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Your Location Is Currently In Use

1. Your Location Is Currently In Use - Similar Threads - Location Currently

2. Need Help , for moving fileswindows 10 and other files from current location SDD and HDD to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help , for moving fileswindows 10 and other files from current location SDD and HDD to...: Hello , i have an gigabye B450 M S2H motherboard and i would like to install a NVME SDD . There are already 1 HDD & 1 SDD via SATA but i would like to movecopy clone etc. all files including windows 10 to NVME SDD. Is it possible to by windows itself or i must use external...
  3. Need Help , for moving fileswindows 10 and other files from current location SDD and HDD to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need Help , for moving fileswindows 10 and other files from current location SDD and HDD to...: Hello , i have an gigabye B450 M S2H motherboard and i would like to install a NVME SDD . There are already 1 HDD & 1 SDD via SATA but i would like to movecopy clone etc. all files including windows 10 to NVME SDD. Is it possible to by windows itself or i must use external...
  4. Need Help , for moving fileswindows 10 and other files from current location SDD and HDD to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Laptop map is not detecting my current location. Now what should to do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop map is not detecting my current location. Now what should to do?: Hi,I have a asus vivobook x515fa that is running with windows 10 version 21h1.For a while, I've had seen my location is not showing my current location. I've enabled all Location settings to be ON and ensured that Maps has location services turned on as well. Now what should...
  6. Windows 10 Paint SAVE AS file to current location ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Paint SAVE AS file to current location ??: Cant believe such a basic feature, available for over 20 years is destroyed by windows 10If i have a picture in lets say D:\games\steam\users\common\game\screenshots\picture001.pngWhen i click FILE > SAVE AS and want to save it instead of saving in the current folder location...
  7. Windows 10 Paint SAVE AS file to current location ??

Windows 10 Paint SAVE AS file to current location ??: Cant believe such a basic feature, available for over 20 years is destroyed by windows 10If i have a picture in lets say D:\games\steam\users\common\game\screenshots\picture001.pngWhen i click FILE > SAVE AS and want to save it instead of saving in the current folder location...
  8. Windows current user account location country

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows current user account location country: I am from Australia & have never lived anywhere else. For some reason, I I go to Control Panel > Regions & the Administrative tab,, the location of the current user is showing as Tuvalu.I have tried to change it & I don't seem to be able to delete it, even though I have an...
  9. Windows current user account location country

Windows current user account location country: I am from Australia & have never lived anywhere else. For some reason, I I go to Control Panel > Regions & the Administrative tab,, the location of the current user is showing as Tuvalu.I have tried to change it & I don't seem to be able to delete it, even though I have an...
  10. We couldn't set your default save location / Unable to display current owner on D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't set your default save location / Unable to display current owner on D Drive: Hello.I've been trying to save new apps to my D:\ drive, but for some reason it gives me this error.When I try to give myself permissions to the D drive D:\WindowsApps -> Properties -> Security -> Advanced, it says "Unable to display current owner", and when I press change I...