Windows 10: Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

Discus and support Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; The 'recent credentials sign in' message popped up in my laptop action centre. Nothing had been changed. So I signed into my Ms Account to the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Rose W, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Rose W Win User

Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

The 'recent credentials sign in' message popped up in my laptop action centre.
    Nothing had been changed.
    So I signed into my Ms Account to the credential section.
    The email address in the drop down list was not current. The address was changed Jan 2015 and gmail has been in use on the laptop since that date. So my choice was to click on 'nothing applies' and do the next steps.
    The sign in required an alternate email address. Fortunately I have one handy. This security routine has a 30 day wait period.
    Now I have found the tutorial 37536 illustrating deleting extra accounts but I don't think I can do this because the security section is not available for 30 days. I had no idea this control panel item was available but only the tutorial informed what could be done with this data.
    It is amazing that 1.5 yr has gone by and the old email is still in there as a credential. I suppose after 30 days I can delete the hurontel address. I found it odd that the old email address was on the drop down list for a contact. Its a dead end address.
    Now that I have made the credential 'visit' can I assume the hurontel address is gone from MS records and I can delete it in the control panel credential section and not have to sign back into the MSAccount credential section because the correct address is listed?

Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials [​IMG]

:)

Rose W, Jul 10, 2016
  2. mac.manoj Win User

Click here to enter your most recent credential pops up on every re-boot.

Click here to enter your most recent credential .

Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again.

Keeps getting this on every boot up.

mac.manoj, Jul 10, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Asks for Credentials To Be Verified Regularly

Here is the way I found to fix this issue:

If you change the password, reset the password, or change the primary alias of your Microsoft account, then you may get a Click here to enter your most recent credential notification the next time you sign in to your Microsoft account on a trusted Windows
    8 or Windows 10 PC. The "Click here to enter your most recent credential" notification is to verify your identity again on the PC by asking you to enter your password after clicking/tapping on the notification. Sometimes the "Click here to enter your most
    recent credential notification" will keep showing despite entering the correct password for your Microsoft account.

1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Credential Manager icon.

2. Click/tap on Windows Credentials at the top right in Credential Manager

3. Under the Generic Credentials section, look for the listed MicrosoftAccount:user=(email address) credential for your Microsoft account.

4. Expand open the MicrosoftAccount:user=(email address) credential for your Microsoft account, and click/tap on Remove. (see screenshot above)

5. Sign out and sign in to Windows to apply. A new correct MicrosoftAccount:user=(email address) credential for your Microsoft account will automatically be created.

MichaelDanielsZD, Jul 10, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 10, 2016
  5. Rose W Win User
    Yes the correct or current info is in the Settings/Accounts/Your email and accounts.
    The steps in the tutorial included signing in after deleting a listing. I couldn't see where that was relevant since its a second listing. It looks like I have to voluntarily do the 'sign in' so I can avoid doing that. I'm locked out for 30 days anyway.
    Perhaps its time to set up a stand alone user account in that laptop <grin> Too nerve wracking dealing with this MSAccount.

Rose W, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials - Similar Threads - Microsoft account needs

2. Can't sign you into your account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't sign you into your account: Good morning all.We have been having this issue now for a good few weeks. Staff are getting logged in with temporary profiles, causing a pop up to appear saying, "We can't sign into your account". This issue has been causing all sorts of issues as staff cannot access their...
  3. "You need to fix your Microsoft account"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "You need to fix your Microsoft account": Hello! For weeks that everyday I get a notification in Windows 10 saying that my Microsoft account needs to be fixed. So, I click on the notification and login with my password and it is fixed... But in the next day it complains again. I am tired of "fixing" my...
  4. You need to fix your Microsoft account message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You need to fix your Microsoft account message: is this real or scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-need-to-fix-your-microsoft-account-message/fc125fc4-8019-4265-baff-20ef57a0cb85"
  5. Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...: Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly. Until they do, this weekly report will not reflect their screen time and recent activity for that device. I am getting message (as per subject) on one of...
  6. Microsoft account problem, We need you to fix your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft account problem, We need you to fix your Microsoft account: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you go on to sign-in with your Microsoft account, Windows 10, sometimes throws up an error message reading – Microsoft account problem, We need you to fix your Microsoft account on Windows. There appears to be no specific reason [...] This post...
  7. Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...

Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...: Hi, In my Microsoft Family, I am seeing the following message for one of the Child accounts: "Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly." When I click "See Devices", it specifies the device...
  8. You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps ...

You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps ...: I believe this is quite common, but via Google, I can't enable any of the suggestions. This window "You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps on your other devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this device" currently remains on the bottom right...
  9. Click here to enter your most recent credential. Microsoft needs you

Click here to enter your most recent credential. Microsoft needs you: Click here to enter your most recent credential. Microsoft needs you to sign in agains What am I supposed to do when I get this message? 39901
  10. Microsoft Account sign-in again

Microsoft Account sign-in again: In the settings I have an old email address I need to change the one on administrator (there is a screenshot attached). I want to remove that email address (under Administrator) because I already deleted that email on gmail months ago. I have a new email signed in on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly. Until they do this weekly report will not reflect their screen time and recent activity for that device.

2. your child needs to sign in again with microsoft account