Windows 10: "Your PC encountered a problem and needs to restart." - Round 2.

Discus and support "Your PC encountered a problem and needs to restart." - Round 2. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I noticed 0x124 crashes, they are mostly solved by patterns. The 0x124 minidumps mainly save the reason why a BSOD was called but not the cause. With... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hbenthow, Mar 7, 2017.

1. hbenthow Win User

"Your PC encountered a problem and needs to restart." - Round 2.

Is it possible for you to determine any patterns by comparing information from the multiple dumps that I shared here?

hbenthow, May 6, 2017
  2. axe0 New Member

I've been unable to find proper onces, I need more data from around the time of the crashes.

3. hbenthow Win User
    What kind of data? Is it data that is likely gone now due to my system restorations, or something that could still exist?

hbenthow, May 7, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Mainly the data from event logs

5. hbenthow Win User
    Would any of the events logs that I currently have on my computer be useful? And if so, what would be the best way to export all of them?

hbenthow, May 7, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    The event logs you still have is collected by the DM Log Collector, I've already gone through it.

7. hbenthow Win User
    Ah, I see.

hbenthow, May 7, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

As I see it, the best thing to do now is waiting for a few (3+) crashes to occur hoping we have some luck with the event logs.

9. hbenthow Win User
    I just now had another crash. I was using my computer (only light usage - I was only using a web browser to fill out some information on a web page), when my screen suddenly went black for a few seconds and my computer automatically restarted.

Here's the information from BlueScreenView:

==================================================
    Dump File : 050817-22484-01.dmp
    Crash Time : 5/8/2017 11:17:47 PM
    Bug Check String :
    Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
    Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
    Parameter 2 : ffff9a0a`719088f8
    Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
    Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
    Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
    Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+6b3827
    File Description : NT Kernel & System
    Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Company : Microsoft Corporation
    File Version : 10.0.14393.1066 (rs1_release_sec.170327-1835)
    Processor : x64
    Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+6b3827
    Stack Address 1 :
    Stack Address 2 :
    Stack Address 3 :
    Computer Name :
    Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050817-22484-01.dmp
    Processors Count : 2
    Major Version : 15
    Minor Version : 14393
    Dump File Size : 262,144
    Dump File Time : 5/8/2017 11:18:02 PM
    ==================================================

And here's the ZIP file containing all of the detailed information:

Attachment 134185

I'll try not to perform a system restore unless necessary. But this time, I'm currently noticing some possible issues with the way that my system is working right now, so I might have to. I'll notify you if I do wind up having to perform a restore.

EDIT: What I thought was an issue with how my system is running post-crash seems to have been a false alarm. It appears that I ought to be able to avoid restoring my system for the time being.

hbenthow, May 8, 2017
  10. Code: 0x00000124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (9.05.2017 06:17:47) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: 0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV WHEA Notify: Machine Check Exception Type: BUS error Error: BUSLG_OBS_ERR_*_NOTIMEOUT_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 4) PROCESS: System Usual causes: Hardware, Incompatibility, May be driver corruption[/quote]
    Seems a Problem which goes to the direction "processor problem". Maybe there are problems with the clocks or the temperature.

Did u overclock? Because there is the overclocking software AMD Overdrive installed.
    Code: Process C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\OverDrive\AODAssist.exe[/quote]
    U should revert all OC settings in this application to stock settings. After that u should completely remove this software from your system because its known for causing bluescreens.

So mate, if this fixes your problem you owe us a crate of beer *Wink

BSODHunter, May 8, 2017
  11. axe0 New Member
  12. Yes. AMD Overdrive can cause this

BSODHunter, May 8, 2017
  13. axe0 New Member

I know, did you think the OP responded? *Smile

14. hbenthow Win User
    U should revert all OC settings in this application to stock settings. After that u should completely remove this software from your system because its known for causing bluescreens.[/quote] This is a long story, but here's a short version. One of the things that I checked when troubleshooting this BSOD problem was my CPU temperature. I found out that my CPU gets hot at times (sometimes over 70 degrees Celcius). I tried various things, including replacing my thermal paste. It turns out that the overheating was because of a built-in overclocking feature in my CPU called AMD Turbo Core, which causes my 3.4 Ghz processor to go all the way up to 3.6 Ghz when it thinks it needs to. Whenever Turbo Core kicks on, my CPU starts to overheat. I've read that as bad as this is, it's actually a very normal occurrence on a computer with a stock processor (such as mine).

In some computers, this feature can be disabled in the BIOS. In mine, it cannot. So I had two options. One is to turn my maximum CPU power down to 99% in Windows Power Options (which works perfectly and completely prevents overheating, but underclocks my processor down to 3.0 Ghz, thus losing 0.4 Ghz of processor power).

Another option is to install AMD Overdrive and use it to disable Turbo Core (without enabling any overclocking features). I downloaded and installed AMD Overdrive for this purpose. However, its results proved unsatisfactory to me. You see, my settings did not stay permanent. Whenever I restarted my computer, Turbo Core was enabled again. So I stopped using it after less than a day of having it installed. Yes, it's still installed on my computer, but it's not being used. I went back to the Windows Power Options solution (unsatisfactory though it may).

In a nutshell, though, AMD Overdrive was installed on my system as an attempt to solve a heating problem that I used to have, which I suspected at the time may have been the cause of these BSODs (something I now find doubtful, as I'm still getting crashes even after solving the overheating problem). In other words, it was installed as an attempt to solve this BSOD problem. I have never used it or anything else to intentionally overclock my system.

hbenthow, May 8, 2017
  15. allright, I understand. Then, like axe0 said, we have to wait for more BSODs.

But in your case its like an car which vibrates like crazy while driving. U begin with doing some tests, analysis and so on. Then u begin to change the easy things, like the tires. But is wont dissapear....then u begin to change all mounts and components, clutch, transmission, turbo, motor, and so on. Everything. At the end u loose many hours of your lifetime and the problem ist just an technical design failure which cant be fixed.

BSODHunter, May 8, 2017
Thema:

1. "Your PC encountered a problem and needs to restart." - Round 2. - Similar Threads - encountered problem needs

2. Your PC ran into a Problem and needs to restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your PC ran into a Problem and needs to restart: When I am Opening an app that is related to my work the PC restarts saying "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart". I tried uninstalling and installing the app as well. But the problem exists. How can I fix this without losing my data?...
  3. Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart: We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. First, a venting exercise to no one in particular. Er, is Bill Gates around? =.=.=.=.=.=.=. START OF VENTING =.=.=.=.=.=.= I see hundreds of posts for this issue. Few seem to be marked as answered. I was...
  4. Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.: Hello, I have since 1 month a problem with my Windows 10, sometimes when i am multitasking my computer just freeze and it restart. Specs STRIX Z270H GAMING Intel i7 7700k 16Gb ram Nvidia GTX 1080 Error The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck...
  5. Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart: Hello! Today as I tried to launch my Laptop Acer Predator Helios 300, Windows 10 occurred a problem. Initially it said “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart” and then went through a diagnosing action and froze out at “Preparing Automatic Repair” black screen with...
  6. “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart”: This message appeared out of nowhere and is supposed to restart but i’m stuck on the screen, i don’t know what to do. submitted by /u/Bryfex [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fckjfn/your_pc_ran_into_a_problem_and_needs_to_restart/
  7. Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart: Why do I keep getting "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pc-ran-into-a-problem-and-needs-to-restart/0063e9e9-98e4-47af-ade9-d39a01ff1fe7
  8. :( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart

:( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart: I have a problem since when I started to use the new graphic gtx 750ti i have a problem i'm showing up Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart stop code: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA while I used the integrated I did not have this problem, and I noticed that we are it...
  9. Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart: My Windows 10 PC just crashed with a blue screen of death saying "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" (with a smiley face). I cringe when I watch some news show on TV, the camera zooms in and they (say the military) are using Windows doing safety critical /...
  10. "Your PC encountered a problem and needs to restart."

"Your PC encountered a problem and needs to restart.": I was using my computer today when suddenly a bluescreen message saying "Your PC encountered a problem and needs to restart" popped up. It had some other information and some sort of countdown. I ran into another room to grab my camera to take a picture of the message, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PC encounter a problem and needs to restart RDR file system