Windows 10: "your pc needs to be repaired 0x000000e" after cloning in acronis

Discus and support "your pc needs to be repaired 0x000000e" after cloning in acronis in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently cloned my windows 10 in the C drive to a new F drive using Acronis True Image 2016. after attempting booting to the new F drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bar18, Apr 10, 2016.

1. bar18 Win User

"your pc needs to be repaired 0x000000e" after cloning in acronis

Hi,

I have recently cloned my windows 10 in the C drive to a new F drive using Acronis True Image 2016. after attempting booting to the new F drive I get this blue screen:

"your pc needs to be repaired 0x000000e" after cloning in acronis [​IMG]

I tried repair with a fresh copy of windows 10 on bootable USB but it didn't work.

Not only that, after many attempts of various methods to fix the problem and perhaps due to many PC ristart's, my windows 10 start button is not responding among many other functions in the original C drive whom which I had cloned (Though I have to mention that I opened a new user and there the functions do work fine but still I want to fix that too.)

Thanks in advance!.

:)

bar18, Apr 10, 2016
  2. C.Lowe Win User

"Your PC needs to be repaired" After putting in new motherboard and graphics card.

After I got my new parts I put them in all correctly I hope. I booted it up and everything was fine. Then the windows 10 logo came up and said "Preparing automatic repair" or "Diagnosing computer" or something similar to that. I have restarted it as it has
    said and hasn't worked.

Here are other things I've tried:

I've went to troubleshooting and tried to reset the computer and gives me an error saying: Failed to reset/no changes were made

Went back into troubleshooting and disabled automatic recovery and rebooted and took me to a recovery screen with options to try again, start recovery, and start up settings.

Went into bios and confirmed that my hard drives were the main boot device.

Unplugged all USBs except mouse and keyboard.

Tried a system restore point and got the same error as trying to reset. Tells me it failed and nothing was changed.

Motherboard I recently put in there: BIOSTAR TA970

Graphics card I put in there: MSI R9 380 4GD5T OC RTL

Any help will be appreciated!

Pictures:

C.Lowe, Apr 10, 2016
  3. C.Lowe Win User
    "Your PC needs to be repaired" After putting in new motherboard and graphics card.

Well now I'm trying to reinstall windows 8.1 on one of my hardrives that doesn't have windows installed. My issue now is I cannot boot it from a CD drive. It's plugged in and works but when I go into
    the BIOS and go to Boot I only get the option to boot from my hard drive and not the CD I have. Same motherboard TA970.

C.Lowe, Apr 10, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

The only fix for the start button not working is to move to a new user account.

Post a screenshot of disk management showing both hard drives and we can help more with the problem of the cloned hard drive not booting. Please be sure to widen the columns so all the info in them can be seen:
    Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Apr 12, 2016
  5. bar18 Win User

bar18, Apr 13, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    What I see from the disk management screenshot - and I am only taking a educated guess because I don't read the language it is in and the columns were not widened to show the entire contents of them - is that disk 1 is the only bootable disk because I think the 101 MB partition is probably the system partition. What I would recommend is this:

Boot into the Windows that you can boot into. RIght click on the start icon, and open a Command (Admin) prompt. The Windows install on the new hard drive that you cloned to will have a drive letter other than C:. Let's say it gets a drive letter of F: assigned, but look to see what it is. In the Admin Command Prompt run:
    bcdboot F:\Windows /d /addlast

The path in red will be to the Windows folder on whatever drive the Windows on the new hard drive is on.

Install EasyBCD on the Windows that you can get to boot.
    EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies

Scroll down the website and there is a free non-commercial use version.
    Change the boot partition to the partition that contains the Windows on the new hard drive that you want to boot from.
    Changing the Boot Partition

It should be the same drive letter you used in the BCDBOOT command.

Then you should be able to boot from the new hard drive. When you get into the new Windows on the new hard drive, you can run MSCONFIG, select the boot partition, and delete the entry in there for the old Windows on the old hard drive.

NavyLCDR, Apr 13, 2016
  7. bar18 Win User
    Ok so after setup the EasyBCD on the cloned f drive, I rebooted the PC and now i have been presented with two windows 10 choices, one is the original drive, and the other on the cloned one, when I choose the cloned one then it loads to its desktop but then everything is flickering like hell and I can't click on anything...

By the way, if I disconnect all drives and live only the cloned one, and then try boot to him, I get the same recovery blue screen.

bar18, Apr 15, 2016
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there
    I'd recommend taking an IMAGE over cloning the HDD any day -- you need to image to a different HDD or partition - and don't forget to include the system reserved partition.

After imaging you need to restore to either original or new HDD. Again don't forget the system reserved partition too.

(Your best bet in your current situation is probably to do a re-install. If you don't have install media download the Media creation tool from Ms. It will make an ISO and optionally a bootable USB stick - you can then re-install Windows again.

BTW I used to use Acronis but these days IMO Free Macrium is a much better bet.

I'm not a fan of 3rd party boot managers for windows either (Easy BCD for example).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 15, 2016
  9. bar18 Win User
    Still I need to figure this out

bar18, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "your pc needs to be repaired 0x000000e" after cloning in acronis - Similar Threads - needs repaired 0x000000e

2. your pc/device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your pc/device needs to be repaired: Hello, I am in great need of help, I’ve been experiencing troubles for a couple months with my gaming PC, with continuous freezes and the ethernet has trouble connecting to my internet, I have researched many ways to help that issue but I just let it play out, began getting...
  3. your pc/device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    your pc/device needs to be repaired: Hello, I am in great need of help, I’ve been experiencing troubles for a couple months with my gaming PC, with continuous freezes and the ethernet has trouble connecting to my internet, I have researched many ways to help that issue but I just let it play out, began getting...
  4. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your PC/Device needs to be repaired: After getting Windows 10 installed onto a usb flash drive by a friend and plugging it into my HP laptop, I still get the error code instead of it booting to the Windows 10 installation screen. It tells me I’ll need to use recovery tools, although the recovery tool is already...
  5. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your PC/Device needs to be repaired: Hello, I received an error code after running the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and was wondering what the issue could be. Feel free to ask an clarification questions. Thank you!RecoveryYour PC/Device needs to be repairedAn unexpected error has occurred.Error code:...
  6. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Your PC/Device needs to be repaired?: I recently updated my laptop to the latest version of Windows 10, and now when I attempt to boot it I get taken to a blue screen that says the following:"RecoveryYour PC/Device needs to be repairedFile: \WINDOWS\system32\winload.exeError code: 0xc0000225You'll need to use...
  7. Your pc needs to be repaired

Your pc needs to be repaired: That is my problem can someone help me[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pc-needs-to-be-repaired/67c31d20-a3fb-401c-aead-7f9911d1c6c1
  8. PC Recovery, 'your PC needs to be repaired' after update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PC Recovery, 'your PC needs to be repaired' after update: Thank heavens for little girls and Macrium Reflect. Windows did it's usual back ground updates then asked if it should restart now or later, I updated it now. Restarted it then carried on working, an hour or so later the same request was seen, as I had a few programs open I...
  9. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.: Hi My laptop started booting & running slow after an update. It crashed into a blue screen and returned with ”no boot device found”. So I took out the SSD and startup was normal and I decided to fresh install Windows on the HDD but while trying to boot from the usb i got:...
  10. Unable to boot after trying to Clone with Acronis

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot after trying to Clone with Acronis: I have been having problems with this System Thread Exception Not Handled ASUSFILTER.SYS I would get as far as the Desktop for a few seconds then I would get the BSOD. At one point I thought that I had got it fixed and decided to clone straight away. I have a drive just...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your pc neds to be repaired after clone

2. acronis clone 0xc000000f device needs to be repaired

3. acronis pc needs repair

4. windowss 10 winload missing 0x000000e