Windows 10: Your Windows 10 Update May Actually Be Ready

Discus and support Your Windows 10 Update May Actually Be Ready in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This morning (update Tuesday) I was checking my systems to launch the updates and as I always do, I checked the Windows 10 Update App and it said my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by OldGuyGeek, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Your Windows 10 Update May Actually Be Ready

This morning (update Tuesday) I was checking my systems to launch the updates and as I always do, I checked the Windows 10 Update App and it said my update was 'almost' there.

Well after all of today's updates were done, I went into the Windows 8 Update status in the Windows 8 Settings. It said there were no updates. But then I click on view and sure enough all the updates were done.

But I noticed that there was a greyed-out entry for Windows 10 Pro Update. Out of curiosity, I clicked on the 'More Details' and up popped a screen saying it can only be installed from the desktop. So I clicked on it and up came the desktop Control Panel with Windows 10 Pro Upgrade ready for installation!!!!

I checked this on three different machines, a Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.1 Pro and a Lenovo Tablet Windows 8.1 Home. All are now ready for updates even though the App says it's still coming.

Your Windows 10 Update May Actually Be Ready [​IMG]

:)

OldGuyGeek, Aug 11, 2015

2. Received the notification that windows 10 will be downloaded, is there any way to check the download progress?

Open Windows Update. I believe its actually the Windows 10 Appraiser updating its Advisor to check your system readiness. The final version won't be ready until July 29th 2015.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Your Friend May Be a Hacker, You Just May Not Know It!

When you're getting to know someone as a friend, you may not know who they really are. I made a friend not so long ago. He is incredibly intelligent. He has created a website on his own, and I also seen he knows a lot of code. However, I didn't realize
    that he was using his talents in an evil way called--hacking.

Now, about the hacker boy. At first I thought I could be his friend considering that he is such a cool guy. He knows how to construct a website, and even showed me it. It's not too shabby despite I don't understand why he made the website in the first
    place. I don't even have a clue what it's for, but its very well made, and not made with Weebly, or Wix hosts. But, one day I heard bizarre rumors that he "hacked" my friend's phone. I thought in my mind, "Oh great, is he one of those fake people who lie about
    who they are?" My thought was false shockingly. He isn't lying about hacking people at all. When I came to a conclusion that he is a hacker, I was doing my schoolwork on a normal day. It was then break time, and that was time for the boys to go on the computers
    and play some games for 20 minutes. I was on my phone when unexpectedly, my gal friend tapped my shoulder giggling. When I turned around to see the hacker boy's computer screen, I saw he bypassed the school proxy! I knew this because the school proxy never
    lets you go to websites that aren't intended for educational purposes.

Now, this doesn't mean he is a hacker, but this rose suspicions. I was thinking, if he knew that much about technology, he could potentially also know how to hack. So, I kept my eyes out for him to slip up. So I played a long, and then I saw him revealing
    IP servers on a game called Blockland. But there are more red flags that made me came to a conclusion he is indeed a hacker. I see him playing another game, called ROBLOX, and I see his character as a girl. So that made me instantly assume he is a hacker.

TheTechyButterfly, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Hushify Win User

Your Windows 10 Update May Actually Be Ready

The OS is coming out in waves apparently, I got mine at Midnight release you may have to wait a good bit until your ready for installation.

Hushify, Aug 11, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Your Windows 10 upgrade is always ready to be installed any time you choose to:
    Windows 10

NavyLCDR, Aug 11, 2015
  6. Well true, but for the general user who doesn't want to go through the hassle of creating a media stick, they can use the in-place upgrade if they follow the instructions in the video.

I already used the stick to do a clean install, but the in-place upgrade for my Lenovo Yoga was clean and easy. No stick required.

OldGuyGeek, Aug 12, 2015
  7. It does come out in waves, but some people are getting the message from the app that it's still coming. Instead if they go to the PC Settings, Update and Recovery, they'll see that it is greyed out. If they click on Details, it brings up the desktop Control Panel. And on 3 of my systems, they were all ready instead of still waiting.

OldGuyGeek, Aug 12, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

I used the Media Creation Tool and did not go through the hassle of creating a media stick. I clicked on "Upgrade this PC now" and off it went. Much easier than messing with Windows Update - especially for the average user.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Your Windows 10 Update May Actually Be Ready - Similar Threads - Update May Actually

2. The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see...: Hi, Windows says my computer is not up to date: "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes". However, it does not propose any updates except: "Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004; The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your...
  3. The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see...

The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see...: How do we find out our if computer supports Windows 10 Version 2004 update? Requirements for this updates? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-10-may-2020-update-is-on-its-way-once/96684160-f3d9-485f-be52-85f582e4771d
  4. The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see...

The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see...: Windows 10 Home 64 bit.x-64 based processor Version 1909 OS build 18363.1256 I have Sony Vaio. Intel core i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10 GHz. with 4 GB ram. 320 GB hard drive. I have been waiting for months to honor this update on my laptop but still I see NO signs of upgrade. All...
  5. May 2004 Update, Device not ready ?

May 2004 Update, Device not ready ?: I recently received a message saying "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. We’re offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn’t quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you’ll see the update available on this page. There’s nothing you need to...
  6. Windows 10 May 2020 Update is ready. What’s next?

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update is ready. What’s next?: Development of Windows 10 is a continuous process and it receives features updates on an approximately six-month cadence. The feature updates bring significant improvements, user-facing changes, and as well as security improvements to enterprise features. The Windows 10 May...
  7. Windows 10 can now notify if your PC is not ready for May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 can now notify if your PC is not ready for May 2019 Update: Microsoft recently announced that the rollout of Windows 10 May 2019 Update has reached another stage and update will be pushed out to outdated devices in late June. Microsoft is also planning to use Machine Learning (ML) to expand the availability of Windows 10 version 1903,...
  8. Getting your updates ready-loop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Getting your updates ready-loop?: Hi folks, I have downloaded the October 1809 update through update assistant (not made ISO) and been running it for last hour now. It is at stage getting your updates ready, but it does seem to be looping with this, finishing and restarting getting updates ready again as I...
  9. Getting your updates ready-loop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting your updates ready-loop?: Hi folks, I have downloaded the October 1809 update through update assistant (not made ISO) and been running it for last hour now. It is at stage getting your updates ready, but it does seem to be looping with this, finishing and restarting getting updates ready again as I...
  10. Your cd/dvd-rom may not be ready yet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Your cd/dvd-rom may not be ready yet: I get a window opening up whenever I start up saying that my cd/dvd-rom may not be ready yet. There are two balls circling each other above the message. As far as I can tell the dvd drive is working but I've never seen this message before (on my old pc) so I'm wondering if...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your cd/dvd-rom may not be ready yet