Windows 10: "Your Windows Licence Will Expire Soon" Windows 10

Discus and support "Your Windows Licence Will Expire Soon" Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have recently (as of yesterday) begun to receive this highly annoying and disruptive message. I am using a laptop, and it has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Harmono, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Harmono Win User

"Your Windows Licence Will Expire Soon" Windows 10

Hello everyone,

I have recently (as of yesterday) begun to receive this highly annoying and disruptive message. I am using a laptop, and it has been close to a year since I removed it from the styrofoam.

This is a legitimate copy of Windows 10. I would never willfully use Windows 10, as illustrated by this problem. When I follow the prompt that appears along with "Your Windows License Will..."

Edition: Windows 10 Home
    Activation: Windows is activated using your organization's activation service

Upgrade your edition of Windows
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro to add...

There is no indication whatsoever that there is a problem outside of the disruptive messages I am constantly receiving. I have looked up the issue, but with everyone else it seems to be interrelated to 8.1, and that does not help me.

:)

Harmono, Nov 12, 2016
  2. JustAStrangeGeek, Nov 12, 2016
  3. asif1996 Win User
    REGARDING LICENCE OF WINDOWS

MY LAPTOP IS SHOWING "YOUR WINDOWS LICENCE WILL EXPIRE SOON".SO WHAT SHOUIL I DO TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM?

asif1996, Nov 12, 2016
  4. Superfly Win User

Apparently someone installed a volume licence on that PC.
    It's activation interval in expiring and is tying to reactivate with a KMS service, which it can't find (in case you were unaware that is how organisations activate Pro and Enterprise, Home does not form part of VL unless by counterfeit methods)

Did you get the PC with Win 10 pre-installed? or do you have a Win 7 or Win 8 Home key that can be used?

PS: A diagnostic report would help - see here:
    Activation troubleshooting - Windows 10 Forums

Superfly, Nov 12, 2016
  5. Harmono Win User
    Windows 10 was pre-installed.

Does this mean the only fix is a one hundred dollar expenditure?

Harmono, Nov 12, 2016
  6. Superfly Win User
    I updated my previous post regarding a report. Let's see what it says before making any final suggestions.

Superfly, Nov 12, 2016
  7. Harmono Win User
    Code: Tool Version: 10.0.14393.0[/quote]

Harmono, Nov 12, 2016
  8. Superfly Win User

You redacted way too much (it's only a full key that needs to be)...but the error from event log confirms what I said previously/

There is no OEM marker or OA3 key right?

Code: L_MsgError_C004F074="The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated. No Key Management Service (KMS) could be contacted. Please see the Application Event Log for additional information."[/quote]

Superfly, Nov 12, 2016
  9. Harmono Win User
    Apologies, but I have no idea what half of the information meant. Was not sure which was sensitive.

No apparent OEM marker, but there is an OA3 key.

Harmono, Nov 12, 2016
  10. Superfly Win User
    Superfly, Nov 12, 2016
  11. Superfly Win User
    OK., if you are happy that there are no rogue/unwanted (KMS) stuff currently on your PC, you can go directly to Settings ->Activation and click change product key - that key should activate online.

Alternatively a clean install (recommended) of Win 10 Home with that key will do.(In fact setup will use it automatically)

Superfly, Nov 12, 2016
  12. Harmono Win User
    Rogue/unwanted KMS stuff?

I am not exactly sure what that is. For the time being, I will try reactivating the code. I have a lot of work on this computer, so it would be quite the task storing everything on a USB/second computer.

For now, it seems to have worked:

Edition: Windows 10 Home
    Activation: Windows is activated with a digital license

Thank you for all of your assistance. I was ready to tear out hair.

Harmono, Nov 12, 2016
  13. Superfly Win User

KMS services apps are installed by pirates to mimic a real KMS server.

You are welcome, glad to be of assistance *Wink

You should be OK now... *Smile

Superfly, Nov 12, 2016
  14. dansoy Win User
    have this kind of problem with windows 10 pro, how to fix this?

dansoy, Jul 1, 2017
  15. Superfly Win User
    Superfly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Your Windows Licence Will Expire Soon" Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Licence Expire Soon

2. your windows licence will expire soon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    your windows licence will expire soon: Kindly activate windows licence error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-windows-licence-will-expire-soon/efb7dfe9-9b15-4eaf-aa11-27dbfffd94e8
  3. your windows licence will expire soon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your windows licence will expire soon: Kindly activate windows licence error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-windows-licence-will-expire-soon/efb7dfe9-9b15-4eaf-aa11-27dbfffd94e8
  4. your windows licence will expire soon

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    your windows licence will expire soon: my window 10 system is requesting for an activation code , that it will soon expire https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-windows-licence-will-expire-soon/1f356a38-6aa9-4274-bd51-1c3989d207d5
  5. Your windows licence will expire soon

Your windows licence will expire soon: Hi, I had a Windows 7 box which was upgraded to Windows 10 Home for free. Recently, I had sent the box for repairs. The guy formatted the disk and reinstalled the OS to Windows 10 Pro. Now I am getting this "Your windows licence will expire soon" prompt. I still have my Win...
  6. YOUR WINDOWS LICENCE WILL EXPIRE SOON

YOUR WINDOWS LICENCE WILL EXPIRE SOON: Dear Community, I get the error message: YOUR WINDOWS LICENCE WILL EXPIRE SOON. YOU NEED TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS IN SETTINGS. However on the settings page it says i have WINDOWS 10 PRO which is also activated using my organisations activation service. Please Help...
  7. Windows licence:"your window licence expires soon"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows licence:"your window licence expires soon": there is a message on my screen which says "your window licence expires soon". tell me is this a serious problem which can cause me the activation of windows again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-licence/261b2af5-5a34-42c0-834a-f138ae93266f
  8. Your Windows licence will expire soon

Your Windows licence will expire soon: So I've started getting this "Your Windows licence will expire soon" message often after one of the updates. I'm running Windows 10 Education. In Activation menu in Settings I see "Windows is activated using your organization's activation service". I tried re-entering my...
  9. Your windows licence will expire soon

Your windows licence will expire soon: This message keeps appearing. It is impossible for my licence to expire. It was bought just over two years ago new from Argos in UK. I really do not know what do. I can see my Product Number with no problem. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks...
  10. Your Windows licence will expire soon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your Windows licence will expire soon: I must mention that this is my personal computer, and I got my Windows 10 Licence by moving from Windows 7. Apparently now this ANNOYING pop-up, well, pops up every once in a while. I consider it annoying simply because my game has a chance of crashing if you switch from it...