Windows 10: Youtube embedded videos not showing up in IE11

Discus and support Youtube embedded videos not showing up in IE11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I love a good problem, but despite googling and searching for other users with the same problem, it persists. Firstly - Windows 10... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Erock, May 30, 2017.

1. Erock Win User

Youtube embedded videos not showing up in IE11

Hi everyone,

I love a good problem, but despite googling and searching for other users with the same problem, it persists.

Firstly - Windows 10 Home Build 15063.296 8gb ram 64 bit IE11.

I have Accelerated Graphics ticked.
    I have Flash addon enabled(latest version and it works).
    Tracking protection is disabled.
    No activex filtering is occurring on any specimen sites.

I just get a black box instead of a clickable video. On Edge it works fine.

I've seen all of the above suggested and users saying that any one of them fixed their problem, sadly nothing works for me.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

:)

Erock, May 30, 2017

2. video clips and youtube.

What is your regional format set to?

I have had issues playing embedded youtube videos with regional format set to sweden(swedish). This seems to block some internet content for some reason to which i still have not got a reasonable explanation. By block, i mean that videos wont even show as
    a picture or similar - not even empty space, just as if there is no video embedded!

Mobile/desktop makes no difference when trying to play the video, but they will show up as pictures on the site in desktop mode.

Setting to english(US) and videos show up and play fine!

I also have youtube app installed, and it always works fine to play the embedded videos from youtube directly.

andersson.mattias2, May 30, 2017
  3. WP8.1 IE11 cannot play full screen embedded videos

After the upgrade to WP8.1 in IE11 I cannot play anymore in full screen mode embedded videos (e.g. Youtube video in the web pages).

I have still a wp8 phone and that works fine. So I will not upgrade as soon as I understand how that feature can work in wp8.1.

is there a specific settings in IE11?

thanks

peppe

PeppeNok63, May 30, 2017
Thema:

Youtube embedded videos not showing up in IE11

1. Youtube embedded videos not showing up in IE11 - Similar Threads - Youtube embedded videos

2. YouTube Video for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YouTube Video for...: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8qkktSZ8gOQ&pp=ygUfQmFkZXJiYXRhcmZpNTU1NSBhbCBvdGhhaW0gbWFsbA%3D%3D https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CyLpsEQ14hQ&pp=ygUeQmFkZXJiYXRhcmZpNTU1NSA4NDQ1IGFsIHJhYmF0...
  3. youtube videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    youtube videos: For some reason when I click on to watch a youtube video it gives me this message. The address wasn’t understood Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (rtsp) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context....
  4. Embedded video not playing in PowerPoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Embedded video not playing in PowerPoint: I cannot play an embedded .mp4 video in PowerPoint on one of my computers, but it plays perfectly on another computer. The video is present on both computers and I embedded it in PP on each computer. I'm using PP 365. Is this a codec issue?...
  5. Embedded captions on mp4 video not showing up in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Embedded captions on mp4 video not showing up in Windows 10: We produce videos for clients, and we deliver mp4s with embedded captions. In Quicktime on a Mac, the embedded captions are viewable and even controlled by a CC button in the playback bar. However, when that same file is viewed on a PC ( Windows 10), neither the embedded...
  6. YouTube Videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    YouTube Videos: I have a new PC with fully updated software. All websites work great, EXCEPT YouTube. I cannot play YouTube Videos. Do I have to switch to Chrome to use YouTube? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youtube-videos/e6c7bff6-7334-4230-855a-e3aee895b0ba
  7. Youtube slow connection speed IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube slow connection speed IE11: Hello I've been noticing a slower than normal connection/download speeds for youtube videos. All other file and video streaming sites and file downloads use my full bandwidth speed while youtube sometimes streams at half or less my full bandwidth speed. I use youtube's...
  8. Embedded videos freezing

in Browsers and Email
    Embedded videos freezing: Recently I installed Windows 10, upgrading from 8.1. Now videos embedded in emails freeze after playing for a few seconds. Mainly it's the ads that often precede and accompany shared videos that are freezing, but when this happens, I can't get beyond them to see the shared...
  9. IE11 Youtube videos sound continuing despite vid no longer playing

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Youtube videos sound continuing despite vid no longer playing: Anyone notice on youtube if playing a video that the sound will sometimes continue to play despite navigating off the page (such as clicking a site pinned in the favourites bar whilst video is playing). Seems to be only youtube vids, and only IE11 (other browsers not showing...
  10. Sleep for embedded videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep for embedded videos: Anybody know why Windows Media Player music and videos suspend sleep for the duration of the song/clip but browser embedded videos don't? (tried window and full screen). Is this by design or a bug?? This seems illogical and a darned nuisance to boot. 2601

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ie11 embedded youtube black