Windows 10: Youtube not working correctly using Firefox

Discus and support Youtube not working correctly using Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Laptop Lenovo Ideapad 300 Windows 10. Youtube works perfectly using Internet Explorer. But using Firefox youtube will not play unless I hit pause and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Baddog, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Baddog Win User

Youtube not working correctly using Firefox

Laptop Lenovo Ideapad 300 Windows 10.
    Youtube works perfectly using Internet Explorer. But using Firefox youtube will not play unless I hit pause
    and then play. It's weird but I don't think it's on my end. I started with the basics in disabling all FF addons
    to no avail. I even booted an external USB cloned hard drive I made last week or so when FF youtube was working.
    But even this cloned drive does the same thing. Open youtube, choose a clip, it sits there looking stupid for a few
    seconds and then says to reset and try again at which time I hit pause/play and it goes merrily on its way.
    Besides using a cloned drive I downloaded a couple older versions of FF also to no avail. I'm using FF 40.0.2.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks.*Cool

:)

Baddog, Sep 14, 2016

2. Windows 10 N - Media Feature Pack not working after November Update

After the November update I had to reinstall the Media Feature Pack (KB3010081) in order for Firefox to use YouTube and Groove Music to work correctly. After a successful installation, neither work. YouTube only shows 360p with no H.264 encoding and Groove
    Music says I am suppose to install the Feature Media Pack.

I already tried a Systemrestore and reinstalled the update but still no luck. It seems I am not the only one with this problem. Is this a Windows 10 N November Update bug?

Patrickssj6, Sep 14, 2016
  3. Win 10 64 bit. Get no sound using firefox browser

I try to listen to youtube music using the Firefox browser but get no sound. I do get sound on YouTube when I use Internet Explorer 11 or Chrome but want to continue to use Firefox.

Does anyone know how to fix?

MelindaLehrer, Sep 14, 2016
  4. Youtube not working correctly using Firefox

Why do not you update Firefox? Version 40 is a year old, version 49 is already out.

TairikuOkami, Sep 14, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    spunk, Sep 14, 2016
  6. Baddog Win User
    Sorry for the typo but I was running version 48.0.2 (not 40.0.2). Now I have 49.0b10 with same results.
    If you followed the op, isn't it weird my cloned system from last week did work but is doing same thing now?
    Click pause, then play and away it goes as it should. Am I being picky? Well, yes. I expect it to work correctly.
    Thanks for the responses.
    *Cool

Baddog, Sep 15, 2016
  7. If you have any extensions installed, disable all of them and check. Try youtube using Firefox Portable as well.

TairikuOkami, Sep 15, 2016
  8. Baddog Win User

I had the latest version of Flash until it was upgraded again about an hour ago.
    As stated above I disabled all FF add-ons which are plugins and extensions.
    This is so weird and I am not a novice. With a computer and networking engineering background I must say
    I'm stumped. I booted a cloned drive that worked when I did that but has same prob now. Funny. *Party
    Not life or death but I'm not one to leave things dangling. I will get to the bottom eventually and will advise.
    Just for grins I may put an older drive with W7 just to appease my puny mind.
    Thanks for your input. *Cool

Baddog, Sep 15, 2016
  9. Baddog Win User
    No one can help as much as I can help myself. *Cool

Just to add all is well now. Just needed to start a new year. Oh, I'll be upset again this new year also
    anytime after 1/20/2017 keeled over. Someone elected a clown and now it's a 3 ring circus circle-jerk. *Banghead

Baddog, Sep 20, 2016
  10. IcyDiary Win User
    IcyDiary, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Youtube not working correctly using Firefox - Similar Threads - Youtube working correctly

2. chrome / firefox using 100% cpu even when youtube only or nothing is opened.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    chrome / firefox using 100% cpu even when youtube only or nothing is opened.: when i open my laptop, my fan suddenly spins to its full speed. and then i open my task manager, there i see chrome and its cpu usage is 100% then i press end task and the fan stops. in firefox also, when i open firefox, two tabs open in task manager, one shows true cpu usage...
  3. Youtube VP9 and FIrefox

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube VP9 and FIrefox: A new issue that I did not have before is regarding the vp9 decoder google is using for Youtube. I do not have a new rig but rather an old one. This decoder is now killing my machine when I watch Youtube video. Heavy use of CPU. I do not have the possibility of hw-accl with...
  4. Youtube VP9 and FIrefox

in Windows 10 Support
    Youtube VP9 and FIrefox: A new issue that I did not have before is regarding the vp9 decoder google is using for Youtube. I do not have a new rig but rather an old one. This decoder is now killing my machine when I watch Youtube video. Heavy use of CPU. I do not have the possibility of hw-accl with...
  5. YouTube video preview in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube video preview in Firefox: Hi, is there a Firefox plugin, or a configuration change, to preview YouTube videos while using Bing Search Engine (and hopefully Google Search Engine as well) just like in Internet Explorer? [img] 105287
  6. 'return' in YouTube on some videos and in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    'return' in YouTube on some videos and in Firefox: Discovered something weird and also ONLY in Firefox on YouTube, a small sentence 'return' pops up for one second and then it disappears. All my uploaded videos have this awkward problem. But not in Opera or Chrome. Only in Firefox and Edge this small thingy pops up. Not...
  7. Youtube locking computer, both in Chrome and FireFox.

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube locking computer, both in Chrome and FireFox.: This is a minor annoyance as I don't often play YouTube on my PC, I use my Apple TV. I would like to understand what is happening. This happens in both Chrome and Firefox, both have the latest updates. After a time the computer will just freeze no BSOD it just locks and I...
  8. Youtube pixelated in chrome, not firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube pixelated in chrome, not firefox: Please see these printscreens of the same youtube vid, both on same quality, one on chrome one on firefox. Pixelation is clearly visible in the chrome pic on at the top. In particular look at the neckline of the guy second from the right. What's going on? Thanks guys!...
  9. Firefox: Inconsistent Volume Levels On Youtube

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox: Inconsistent Volume Levels On Youtube: Hello I've had a problem with Youtube volume levels in Firefox, for many versions, now. I have just updated to 57.0.3 (64 bit). The sound level on Youtube videos is lower than with other browsers ( Chrome. for example). I've gone in to the volume mixer and raised the...
  10. New Flash not working correctly in I.E. or firefox on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Flash not working correctly in I.E. or firefox on...: New Flash not working correctly in I.E. or Firefox on some sites. Google Chrome flash works fine. The flash test page works. I couldn't pay my comcast bill using I.E. or Firefox to pay the bill but chrome worked. Yes, I have auto updates set for flash. Don't know if an...