Windows 10: YouTube on Chrome: Video stutters every few seconds on 1080p 60fps

Discus and support YouTube on Chrome: Video stutters every few seconds on 1080p 60fps in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So I'm trying to get the best out of YouTube by playing videos on a max of 1080p 60fps (my laptop monitor has a resolution of 1600x900) when possible.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ACMDogfight1997, Apr 16, 2016.

1. YouTube on Chrome: Video stutters every few seconds on 1080p 60fps

So I'm trying to get the best out of YouTube by playing videos on a max of 1080p 60fps (my laptop monitor has a resolution of 1600x900) when possible. Unfortunately, when I'm playing these videos at this quality, the video stops for a second or half every few seconds or so. The frame-rate between these stutters is okay, but the stuttering itself is what's bothering me.

So first off, I tried using task manager/Process Manager 2 to set Google Chrome's priority to high and permanently keep it every time I launch it, didn't work. I set the priorities of other programs that used my PC's performance as much or close to how Chrome used, still didn't work. Set Chrome's priority to real-time: didn't noticed any stuttering fortunately but the problem was replaced with audio issues so I set it back to high.

I also tried using Razer Cortex's game boost feature and stop processes that I didn't need when playing chrome, or games for that matter, and I still didn't noticed any differences.

So I looked to Chrome itself and see what I can do to it to help. I searched a few popular YouTube enhancers on the Chrome Store and tried them, but no differences are what I saw. I looked on forums online via Google Search to see if other people had similar issues and I found some suggestions, however these didn't work out either. Disabling hardware acceleration only made the difference of reducing frame-rate, I don't how Flash or HTML 5 playback works, and I don't know if the issue is a hardware or networking issue.

I tried speedtest.net to see if I have any internet issues and so far, I had a download speed of approx. 90mb/s and an upload speed of approx. 12mb/s.

I also don't know if hardware's of concern:

YouTube on Chrome: Video stutters every few seconds on 1080p 60fps [​IMG]

If you guys have any suggestions, please let me know.

:)

ACMDogfight1997, Apr 16, 2016

2. Problem with OVI Suite, ffdshow and Media Player Classic

I am bumping this thread, hoping that the dingleberries working on Ovi Suite will read this.

Your h264 codecs are terrible compared to the ones I already use. Please don't touch my video playback configs. Seriously. My system does 1080p frame-doubling interpolation (to 60fps) just fine with libavcodec and avisynth without any stuttering and/or drops
    in frames. Your codec is so terrible that doing a simple playback of a low-resolution video results in stuttering.

lianw---01, Apr 16, 2016
  3. Lumia 950 question

A clarification about the 950 - Will it be able to shoot 1080p videos at 60 FPS, or is it still 1080p at 30FPS? All the other phones have 1080p at 60FPS by default now.

GiladMeiri, Apr 16, 2016
Thema:

YouTube on Chrome: Video stutters every few seconds on 1080p 60fps

1. YouTube on Chrome: Video stutters every few seconds on 1080p 60fps - Similar Threads - YouTube Chrome Video

2. Videos pause every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos pause every few seconds.: Videos pause every few seconds. I have tried everything suggested. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-pause-every-few-seconds/118c5074-1863-4037-9b7a-908fc8661dbd
  3. Videos pause every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos pause every few seconds.: Videos pause every few seconds. I have tried everything suggested. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-pause-every-few-seconds/118c5074-1863-4037-9b7a-908fc8661dbd
  4. Videos pause every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. mouse stutters every few seconds, videos and audio seem to be fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse stutters every few seconds, videos and audio seem to be fine: I'm going mad trying to find the root of this bloody problem. I don't understand what's up with it really- Just yesterday i was using my computer just fine, when it began stuttering like so, I didn't do anything suspicious and i've tried updating everything. Looked up in...
  6. mouse stutters every few seconds, videos and audio seem to be fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse stutters every few seconds, videos and audio seem to be fine: I'm going mad trying to find the root of this bloody problem. I don't understand what's up with it really- Just yesterday i was using my computer just fine, when it began stuttering like so, I didn't do anything suspicious and i've tried updating everything. Looked up in...
  7. mouse stutters every few seconds, videos and audio seem to be fine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 10 stutters every few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stutters every few seconds: This has been a problem for months now. Every few seconds, all apps on my computer freezes for half a second. While writing, the computer still register my input while stuttering. The mouse's movement and audio is uneffected by the stuttering. When i look into Task Manager,...
  9. Chrome, YouTube video Audio stutters.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome, YouTube video Audio stutters.: Hello YouTube audio(only) started to stutter quite frequently maybe around the time when flash stopped being supported ? Idk what to do and how to fix it. I have tried to change the audio Hz in my settings and switching off the acceleration thing but nothing helps it....
  10. Youtube Video stuttering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Youtube Video stuttering: I am having issues with videos playing only on YouTube. I also tried chrome over edge but the problem persists. With games or video streaming like Prime video there isn't this issue. i don't know what to do....