Windows 10: Youtube slow connection speed IE11

Discus and support Youtube slow connection speed IE11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello I've been noticing a slower than normal connection/download speeds for youtube videos. All other file and video streaming sites and file... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by MUGEN02, Feb 28, 2016.

1. MUGEN02 Win User

Youtube slow connection speed IE11

Hello

I've been noticing a slower than normal connection/download speeds for youtube videos. All other file and video streaming sites and file downloads use my full bandwidth speed while youtube sometimes streams at half or less my full bandwidth speed. I use youtube's stats for nerds connection speed and task manager for my readings.

Things I've noticed with youtube:
    1. The more youtube videos I watch the slower/lower the connection speed is for youtube videos. I don't have this problem with other sites.
    2. Deleting the cookies for google.com and youtube.com along with the temporary internet files doesn't restore full connection speed.
    3. A larger file cache is used when you select your quality manually vs auto with the same quality.

Things I have changed in windows:
    1. Change Maximum Download Connections per Server Limit in Internet Explorer is set to 16 in group policy.
    2. Limit reserved bandwidth is set to On and 0% in group policy.
    3. Internet explorer data space to use is set to 1024MB.

Thanks

:)

MUGEN02, Feb 28, 2016

2. how can i speed Up my IE11??

Is your IE11 slow or...?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Feb 28, 2016
  3. store problem

What connection are you on? If you are on slow connection - like 2G - the store won't run properly. See if you can play YouTube video without any buffering issues. That will tell you, how good your speed is.

Jay_answers, Feb 28, 2016
  4. MUGEN02 Win User

It looks like deleting the google and youtube cookies and temporary internet files doesn't restore full connection speed to youtube videos.

After some further troubleshooting I found that it's either youtube or my isp(TWC) throttling down the connection speed for youtube streaming. I've also tried openDNS and a youtube faster connection trick, but neither did anything. Connection speeds can go as low as 1/3rd of my internet bandwidth when starting to watch a video even though speed tests show correct speeds.

Other things I should try?
    1. Reset ie 11. My guess is this would do nothing as other video stream services like amazon prime and other video sites don't have this problem.
    2. Install google chrome to compare it to ie 11?

MUGEN02, Feb 29, 2016
  5. MUGEN02 Win User
    I tried the fix listed below before but now it looks like I did it correctly by deleting the DNS Cache on the pc and disabling/enabling the Ethernet device. I now have full download speed for almost all videos(only 1 video was downloading really slowly so far). I'll post back in a week about my experience with this fix.

HOW TO MAKE YOUTUBE VIDEOS LOAD/BUFFER FASTER ON WINDOWS XP, WINDOWS 7, WINDOWS 8, VISTA, ETC.As already mentioned, you need to block 173.194.55.0/24 and 206.111.0.0/16 IP address ranges. If you use a router and know how to administer it, you can block the IPs directly at the router level and thus allowing every computer connected to that router to benefit. However, if you don’t have a router or don’t know how to administer a router, you can block these IP addresses on your own Windows machine by adding a firewall rule.
    To make YouTube videos load/buffer faster on Windows (XP, Vista, Win7, Win8, etc.), do the following:
    NOTE: Please note the following method works only if you use Windows Firewall. If you use a third-party firewall, you can still use this trick but the method to block IP addresses varies from firewall to firewall. You need to figure out how to block IP addresses for your specific firewall; some firewalls will work by blocking 173.194.55.0/24 and 206.111.0.0/16 while others will work with 173.194.55.0 subnetmask 255.255.255.0 and 206.111.0.0 subnetmask 255.255.0.0. Please do post in the comments if you have directions on how to block IP addresses for a particular type of firewall, to help assist other dotTechies.
    UPDATE: Windows XP users, please see comment #20 rthomson for instructions on how to make this work on Windows XP.

• Open Command Prompt. Windows XP users can open Command Prompt by pressing Win + R, typing “cmd” (without the quotes” in the Run dialog, and hitting ‘OK’. Windows Vista, Win7, and Win8 need to make sure to run Command Prompt as administrator. On Vista and Win7 this can be done by opening Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> right-click Command Prompt and do ‘Run as Administrator’. On Windows 8 you need to open Search from the Charms bar, search for “cmd” (without the quotes), right-click or long-tap on Command Prompt, and then pick ‘Run as Administrator’ from the Advanced menu in the bottom-right.
    • Once Command Prompt is open, enter the following command (note: you can copy the command paste it into Command Prompt by right-clicking -> Paste):
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=”YouTubeTweak” dir=in action=block remoteip=173.194.55.0/24,206.111.0.0/16 enable=yes
    image: http://dt.azadicdn.com/wp-content/up...0x181.png?4634

Youtube slow connection speed IE11 [​IMG]

• Once inputted, hit Enter on your keyboard and the rule will be added:
    image: http://dt.azadicdn.com/wp-content/up...0x181.png?4634

Youtube slow connection speed IE11 [​IMG]

• Close Command Prompt.
    Done! Now YouTube should, hopefully, be a lot faster for you.
    If you ever want to remove the rule you just created, repeat the same process but enter the following command: netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name=”YouTubeTweak”.
    http://dottech.org/103278/how-to-mak...3WzK7WeqjGA.99

MUGEN02, Mar 4, 2016
  6. MUGEN02 Win User
    After 2 weeks of use I found that the fix above works 75% of the time. Most videos download at almost full network bandwidth, but some download at very slow speeds of only a few MBs. Most times just restarting IE 11 would give me full speed again. I will keep using this fix.*Wink

MUGEN02, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Youtube slow connection speed IE11 - Similar Threads - Youtube slow connection

2. dawdling speed and network connection is so slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dawdling speed and network connection is so slow: I'm having issue with my desktop. I'm using it earlier and it works really slow afterwards. I restarting and it trutrns with speed but I cannot connect with my internet now....
  3. dawdling speed and network connection is so slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dawdling speed and network connection is so slow: I'm having issue with my desktop. I'm using it earlier and it works really slow afterwards. I restarting and it trutrns with speed but I cannot connect with my internet now....
  4. dawdling speed and network connection is so slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. YouTube slow

YouTube slow: Hello, I have two Windows 10(20H2) 64-bit PCs connected to my LAN via Cat 6 Ethernet. Over the past month I have noticed that certain random YouTube videos are slow and constantly buffer on either PC during 5-12 at night. Running the videos at the lowest quality doesnt help...
  6. IE11 slow-scanning vai ActiveX

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    IE11 slow-scanning vai ActiveX: Unfortunately, I have a client that still uses IE11 as they need to be able to scan docs to a site using Active. As of recently, the speed at which that scanning is done has slowed down significantly. I’m thinking it may have to due with Windows 10 updates but since they are...
  7. Youtube Slow

Youtube Slow: Hello, So as it says on the tin, I am finding searching for content on youtube to ber very slow. Everytime I type something in the search bar, it takes an age for the full text to appear and the search to execute. Is this to do with my internet speed and is there anything...
  8. YouTube Slow?

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube Slow?: Unsure what is happening here, for a few days now, when I load a youtube video, all I get is a black screen, and I do not see the video until I 'nudge' a few keys and throw mouse at screen (not really!) Whilst this is happening I went up to 200mb last night from 150, so...
  9. Youtube embedded videos not showing up in IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube embedded videos not showing up in IE11: Hi everyone, I love a good problem, but despite googling and searching for other users with the same problem, it persists. Firstly - Windows 10 Home Build 15063.296 8gb ram 64 bit IE11. I have Accelerated Graphics ticked. I have Flash addon enabled(latest version...
  10. Internet connection very slow, speed normal.

Internet connection very slow, speed normal.: Running version 11099 6a bit Pro Firefox Avast premium Router Asus AC1900 Please note system specs are for another computer. Firefox is running at it's normal speed but when I try to connect to ANY website it seems to take forever to connect. My wife's laptop...