Windows 10: YouTube videos do not play in Chrome

Discus and support YouTube videos do not play in Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello Everybody! Today I wanted to watch some YouTube videos but the videos never played. If I press the Play button it doesn't play but I can drag... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by TheAmazingGuy, Jan 9, 2017.

1. YouTube videos do not play in Chrome

Hello Everybody!

Today I wanted to watch some YouTube videos but the videos never played. If I press the Play button it doesn't play but I can drag the slider around. It has been happening for a few days and it's getting really annoying! Sometimes videos will play and sometimes it wont!

Thanks!

:)

TheAmazingGuy, Jan 9, 2017

2. Media not playing

I tried to play a song i downloaded in google drive and it would show that it had started at 0:00 but play no sound same for youtube videos it show a picture of the beginning of the video but would stay at 0:00 and not play and i tried doing both playing
    the song and youtube video in chrome and microsoft edge and it won't work, it's possible this is a problem with my computer and not windows but either way i'm not sure what to do

MichaelF99, Jan 9, 2017
  3. MacDiiddy Win User
    HTML5 Videos do not play

Youtube videos play fine, however HTML5 videos do not play. I have tried Edge, Chrome and Firefox, The player loads but I do not get any picture.

It was working fine on windows 7, now that I upgraded to 10 I can not get these web videos to play.

MacDiiddy, Jan 9, 2017
  4. YouTube videos do not play in Chrome

Hi TheAmazingGuy

An obvious check, but make sure you have the latest version of both Adobe Flash Player (if you installed it separately) and Google Chrome installed.

Does the playback of Youtube videos work fine in other browser's? (e.g. Microsoft Edge or Mozilla Firefox)

Finally have you been noticing any issues with the speed of your internet? (this can affect videos being watched in HD)

ellellell1, Jan 9, 2017
  5. IcyDiary Win User
    Have you checked the html5 video player: YouTube Lots of YouTube videos will play using HTML5. so make sure your browser is using it by default.
    Or follow this one: http://www.videoconverterfactory.com...t-working.html
    More solutions: remove Ad-Block(if you have installed it); log in YouTube with another account; clear browser data.

IcyDiary, Sep 23, 2017
  6. torre Win User
    - Does YouTube play in other browsers ?

- Check your Display Driver

- Reset Chrome (Click Settings and scroll to the bottom of page)

torre, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

YouTube videos do not play in Chrome

1. YouTube videos do not play in Chrome - Similar Threads - YouTube videos play

2. Random BSOD's when playing Youtube videos on Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD's when playing Youtube videos on Chrome: I have been experiencing BSOD's lately when using Youtube on chrome. In line with the title, this BSOD occurs without any warning or any sort of performance drops, it just randomly and instantaneously happens. Also, I haven't tested if it is only limited to Youtube and...
  3. Random BSOD's when playing Youtube videos on Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD's when playing Youtube videos on Chrome: I have been experiencing BSOD's lately when using Youtube on chrome. In line with the title, this BSOD occurs without any warning or any sort of performance drops, it just randomly and instantaneously happens. Also, I haven't tested if it is only limited to Youtube and...
  4. Random BSOD's when playing Youtube videos on Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. YouTube Videos are not Playing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    YouTube Videos are not Playing: [ATTACH] See the white space instead video. that's my problem guys. Yesterday Everything was fine but toady when I tried to play any video on YouTube this was happening also comment section doesn't get loaded. and its just happening with YouTube only, other video websites...
  6. Won't play YouTube video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Won't play YouTube video: we set up restrictions when purchased the laptop. how do we now release the restrictions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-play-youtube-video/141a4a2f-5518-4d70-aafb-c06e593bbaa7
  7. Chrome, YouTube video Audio stutters.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome, YouTube video Audio stutters.: Hello YouTube audio(only) started to stutter quite frequently maybe around the time when flash stopped being supported ? Idk what to do and how to fix it. I have tried to change the audio Hz in my settings and switching off the acceleration thing but nothing helps it....
  8. Watch YouTube videos with Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Watch YouTube videos with Chrome: How can this annoying nag be eliminated from YouTube ! I am using Edge and do not want chrome. I let Windows do Windows. 91861
  9. Youtube video problems in chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube video problems in chrome: After i upgraded to windows 10 youtube videos sometimes do not load when the page loads. I usually have to refresh the page twice to get it to work. 13321
  10. Youtube videos will not play the video part

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube videos will not play the video part: When I try to watch videos on youtube, I only get the opening picture or a black screen. The audio plays fine. Is there something I need to reset? 96826