Windows 10: Youtube videos not playing after being left idle

Discus and support Youtube videos not playing after being left idle in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I'm having a strange problem on my computer that I can't seem to fix. Youtube videos will not play after being left idle, on the videobar, it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Daniel41550, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Youtube videos not playing after being left idle

So I'm having a strange problem on my computer that I can't seem to fix. Youtube videos will not play after being left idle, on the videobar, it will show that the video is loading, but it wont play even if it says it is. I can't reinstall windows because I am dualbooting linux and I don't have the Windows bootloader to go into Recovery options, and even if I could, I don't want to uninstall Linux because it's fun to have another OS to use. Does anybody have a fix for this problem?

EDIT: I can fix it after restarting, but I've been doing that solution for days and it is annoying. It also affects all browsers. For example. if it happens in Chrome, I cant watch videos in Firefox

:)

Daniel41550, Oct 14, 2015

2. youtube wont work in microsoft edge

Having the same issues. After update to Windows 10 YouTube will not play using Edge - an error occurred please try again later. Trying again later never helps. YouTube plays perfectly in Google Chrome. My video MP4 files captured with a camera now only
    play intermittently. Sound plays but there's no picture, just a black screen. Refresh helps very infrequently, and only for the video being viewed. Selecting another video file gets the sound and black screen again. Tried clearing cache and opening New in
    Private Window without success. Ugh. The fact that video DOES play once in a while and YouTube plays on Chrome suggests that the problem is not hardware related - it's the MS products...

Mike Killacky, Oct 14, 2015
  3. SmartPH Win User
    Youtube on Lumia 710 stops working after signing into youtube account.

Unable to play Youtube videos on Lumia 710 on wifi after signing into youtube account,

it does play videos without signing in strange.

SmartPH, Oct 14, 2015
Thema:

Youtube videos not playing after being left idle

1. Youtube videos not playing after being left idle - Similar Threads - Youtube videos playing

2. windows hangs after being idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows hangs after being idle: I have created a post before but no help when pc is left idle for a while like 30 minutes then I move cursor it hangs for a while please help in power options hard disk is already set to 0 minutes...
  3. After Win 10 update, YouTube videos play magnified 100%.

in Windows 10 Customization
    After Win 10 update, YouTube videos play magnified 100%.: Videos play this way [magnified] in Edge and Chrome, but play fine in FireFox. Any ideas or suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-win-10-update-youtube-videos-play-magnified/7f00c757-aac6-4063-bd62-316141c05968
  4. Not able to play Youtube videos in Edge windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to play Youtube videos in Edge windows10: Dear Team, Unable to play youtube videos in Edge browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/not-able-to-play-youtube-videos-in-edge-windows10/0d39e71f-ce2d-40e6-af07-c8398bbe37cf
  5. YouTube videos do not play in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube videos do not play in Chrome: Hello Everybody! Today I wanted to watch some YouTube videos but the videos never played. If I press the Play button it doesn't play but I can drag the slider around. It has been happening for a few days and it's getting really annoying! Sometimes videos will play and...
  6. Youtube videos will not play the video part

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube videos will not play the video part: When I try to watch videos on youtube, I only get the opening picture or a black screen. The audio plays fine. Is there something I need to reset? 96826
  7. BSOD after Windows left idle.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after Windows left idle.: Hello, Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 from Window 7 back in July I have been experiencing random crashes. Sometimes I try something (removing a program, updating a driver) and that seems to fix it for a bit, but then it comes back. The one consistent pattern is that it...
  8. Youtube videos not playing after being left idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Youtube videos not playing after being left idle: So I'm having a strange problem on my computer that I can't seem to fix. Youtube videos will not play after being left idle, on the videobar, it will show that the video is loading, but it wont play even if it says it is. I can't reinstall windows because I am dualbooting...
  9. Crashed while playing a Youtube video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashed while playing a Youtube video: I was watching Youtube on Chrome when it happened. I walked away from my computer so I'm not positive as to what else might have been open. I think 5KPlayer (a video player for Windows 10) was open too (per the system tray icon). Steam might have also been running. I got the...
  10. Windows 10 black screening after being left idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 black screening after being left idle: I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but whenever my PC is left idle for more than 8 or so hours, it will randomly black screen with no cursor. CTRL ALT DEL does nothing, CTRL Shift ESC does nothing and the only way to fix it is to hard reset my computer. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. videos wont play after screen goes idle