Windows 10: YTD does not offer any other option but to save on the desktop

Discus and support YTD does not offer any other option but to save on the desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I hope I'm in right forum. Apologies if not. and this post can be moved to a proper spot if need be. Recently I have managed to change the Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by richard2277, Oct 27, 2016.

1. YTD does not offer any other option but to save on the desktop

I hope I'm in right forum. Apologies if not. and this post can be moved to a proper spot if need be. Recently I have managed to change the Windows 10 user profile folder. The name now matches the user name. And everything seems to be working fine. I used AVG TuneUp to get rid of errors in registry and fix broken shortcuts.

A few days ago I've installed YTD downloader. But, there is an issue - the program will not allow me to save downloads into any other location than the desktop. On my PC, the desktop folder I have managed to re-locate to a different partition on my drive using the Location tab for that type of folder. I can manage to hack Windows registry so YTD will save files to a location of my choice, but as I say, I cannot change to the desired save location from within YTD.

Can someone please opine a solution that might fix the YTD save function? Thanks. Rich

P.S. Could this be a permissions issue? YTD works on other user accounts on my PC.

:)

richard2277, Oct 27, 2016
  2. glenn2192 Win User

after i scanned my computer with avg i cant download or open online downloading sites or even open the site of ytd to download it or other sites where i can download ytd

I am downloading vidoes using ytd then I scan my computer using avg after it scanned my ytd cant be open anymore so I uninstall it and try to download it but I cant downlad it anymore the other websites where opening but the site where I can download ytd
    wont open and also other online downloading sites wont open, I tired videos from youtube to solve this problem but it wont work I tried to off avg but still wont do and I even uninstall avg also but still it wont do, please help me, thanks!

glenn2192, Oct 27, 2016
  3. ter2679 Win User
    My media player does not offer the option of selecting "audio"

Just for drill, I removed the blank CD, turned off WMP and then started it again, put in the same blank CD, tried the same playlist and this time it didn't reject any of the hymns - it ran as it should and I'm listening to it right now!! Can you see anything
    that would tell us why it worked this time?

YTD does not offer any other option but to save on the desktop [​IMG]

ter2679, Oct 27, 2016
Thema:

YTD does not offer any other option but to save on the desktop

1. YTD does not offer any other option but to save on the desktop - Similar Threads - YTD does offer

2. snip tool offers 4 options to select area of snip for screenshots but offers no option to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    snip tool offers 4 options to select area of snip for screenshots but offers no option to...: hi,snip tool offers 4 options to select the area of snip for screenshots but offers no option to select the area of the screen record.this is a request from Microsoft to also offer 4 options for selecting the area during screen record.thanks....
  3. Windows 11 Downloads from internet save as "all Types" and no option to save as any other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Downloads from internet save as "all Types" and no option to save as any other...: Windows 11 Downloads from internet save as "all Types" and no option to save as any other format such as jpeg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-downloads-from-internet-save-as-all/5baee635-cee3-45ca-8cd6-8a17a6d3ac46
  4. Windows 11 Downloads from internet save as "all Types" and no option to save as any other...

Windows 11 Downloads from internet save as "all Types" and no option to save as any other...: Windows 11 Downloads from internet save as "all Types" and no option to save as any other format such as jpeg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-downloads-from-internet-save-as-all/5baee635-cee3-45ca-8cd6-8a17a6d3ac46
  5. Windows 11 does not offer Explorer as an option for the default application for FTP ?

Windows 11 does not offer Explorer as an option for the default application for FTP ?: I have been using FTP to transfer files to my tablet for some time now. All of I sudden there was a hiccup in the connection. After spinning for about a minute I received an error message stating that it was read only because the proxy server is not configured. This had been...
  6. Windows mail does not offer email address saved in contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mail does not offer email address saved in contacts: Hi,In windows mail, I type the name of a person. It offers one email address associated with the contact, random email addresses that it should not have, but does not list the primary email address of the person.When I go to contacts, it does have the correct email address...
  7. Windows mail does not offer email address saved in contacts

Windows mail does not offer email address saved in contacts: Hi,In windows mail, I type the name of a person. It offers one email address associated with the contact, random email addresses that it should not have, but does not list the primary email address of the person.When I go to contacts, it does have the correct email address...
  8. Why does the search facility offer me options that aren't available?

in Cortana
    Why does the search facility offer me options that aren't available?: For example, if I search for "VPN", the search results offer me "VPN Settings", but when I click on this, it just takes me to Windows Settings, and because the machine is provided by work, I don't have access to VPN settings. It's happened to me a lot already, and I'm only...
  9. No "save to desktop option available" I can't even find the icon any longer

in Windows 10 Customization
    No "save to desktop option available" I can't even find the icon any longer: Somehow I have lost my desktop icon and save to desktop option. I need to get is back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-save-to-desktop-option-available-i-cant-even/a5b56057-042f-499d-ae4c-6765043011d5
  10. Epson WF3640 Printer menu does not offer duplex printing options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson WF3640 Printer menu does not offer duplex printing options: I have had an Epson WF3640 through Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. Previously there was a menu that came up when I selected PRINT and that menu would offer the option to print on both sides of the paper. Since the October 2018 update that menu does not come up and there is no way...