Windows 10: Yubikey security [[one]] with several [[three or more]] microsoft accounts

Discus and support Yubikey security [[one]] with several [[three or more]] microsoft accounts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; if you have three computers and plan to use YUBIKEY, will Microsoft still use the passwords on public computers?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tikimydog, Aug 12, 2018.

1. tikimydog Win User

Yubikey security [[one]] with several [[three or more]] microsoft accounts

if you have three computers and plan to use YUBIKEY, will Microsoft still use the passwords on public computers?

:)

tikimydog, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Yubikey login support

Hi,

Log in issues can be caused by invalid password or username. For us to assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried using Yubikey before?

We're looking forward for your response.

Rose Cal, Aug 13, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Security Bulletin for September 2007

Microsoft released yesterday the September Security Bulletin for Windows operating system, as part of its monthly security cycle. This bulletin summary lists one critical and three important updates. For more information, see Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September 2007.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Aug 13, 2018
  4. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Yubikey security [[one]] with several [[three or more]] microsoft accounts - Similar Threads - Yubikey security several

2. Is a local account more secure than the Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is a local account more secure than the Microsoft account?: I had been using the Microsoft account to log into my PC until I noticed my email address was found in the dark Web and my airbnb account was hacked. I then changed my Microsoft account and email passwords and switched using the local account. But I'm confused. Even though I...
  3. Is a local account more secure than the Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is a local account more secure than the Microsoft account?: I had been using the Microsoft account to log into my PC until I noticed my email address was found in the dark Web and my airbnb account was hacked. I then changed my Microsoft account and email passwords and switched using the local account. But I'm confused. Even though I...
  4. Several Microsoft Accounts

Several Microsoft Accounts: Hello,I have three Microsoft accounts that I can access from my Windows 11 laptop: Is each of their storage limits under one combined number, or do they all have their own storage limits?Thanks,Daffy D...
  5. Several Microsoft Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several Microsoft Accounts: Hello,I have three Microsoft accounts that I can access from my Windows 11 laptop: Is each of their storage limits under one combined number, or do they all have their own storage limits?Thanks,Daffy D...
  6. Have yubikey security key added on Microsoft account, but cannot unlock PC with it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Have yubikey security key added on Microsoft account, but cannot unlock PC with it: Need some help here, I have read several articles on using a security key, but they do NOT seem to cover having a personal Microsoft account linked to a PC, and allowing you to use a security key instead of a password. The short is how do I use a PC bound to a personal...
  7. Have yubikey security key added on Microsoft account, but cannot unlock PC with it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have yubikey security key added on Microsoft account, but cannot unlock PC with it: Need some help here, I have read several articles on using adding a security key, but they do NOT seem to cover having a personal Microsoft account bound to a PC, and allowing you to use a security key instead. The short is how do I use a PC bound to a personal microsoft...
  8. Have yubikey security key added on Microsoft account, but cannot unlock PC with it

Have yubikey security key added on Microsoft account, but cannot unlock PC with it: Need some help here, I have read several articles on using adding a security key, but they do NOT seem to cover having a personal Microsoft account bound to a PC, and allowing you to use a security key instead. The short is how do I use a PC bound to a personal microsoft...
  9. Unable to register my Yubikey in my microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to register my Yubikey in my microsoft account: Hi, I have been trying to register my security key Yubikey 5 nano as per the instructions on Learn more about signing in with Windows Hello or a security key. I am using Chrome on a mac. It seems it's not possible with Firefox or Safari. When trying to add the key, I have...
  10. Securely Login to Local Accounts with YubiKey Security Key in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Securely Login to Local Accounts with YubiKey Security Key in Windows: How to: Securely Login to Local Accounts with YubiKey Security Key in Windows How to Securely Login to Local Accounts with YubiKey Security Key in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 Yubico Login for Windows application provides a simple and secure way for YubiKey...