Windows 10: YUMI and BSOD no help from YUMI

Discus and support YUMI and BSOD no help from YUMI in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently had a BSOD issue in Windows10. A while ago I created a YUMI thumb drive, assuming when I boot into the thumb drive I would be presented with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JerometheGiraff, Feb 6, 2017.

1. YUMI and BSOD no help from YUMI

I recently had a BSOD issue in Windows10. A while ago I created a YUMI thumb drive, assuming when I boot into the thumb drive I would be presented with what rescue disc I had installed on the thumb drive which I wanted to boot into.

Instead when the thumb drive loaded, there was no YUMI menu, nothing. I did solve my BSOD issue; but I was informed it is easy to setup YUMI. If it is easy and I followed instructions to which I read, why didn't a YUMI menu load when booting from the thumb drive ? Since then I've erased the thumb drive and so I write this post hoping someone with YUMI experience can help.

:)

JerometheGiraff, Feb 6, 2017

2. Windows 10 USB Booting.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to post your query in YUMI Forum so that they can assist you better.

Please refer to the below link to redirect to YUMI Forum:

www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator

Hope this will be helpful. If you still have further queries, please reply us and we will be happy to help you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 6, 2017
  3. slance310 Win User
    SHRINK C VOLUME TO SMALLER CAPACITY

Hi,

How did you "Disable" Hiberfil ?

Did you use "powercfg -h off" ?

There is a Tool called

YUMI 2.0.1.5 YUMI - Multiboot USB Creator | USB Pen Drive Linux

That can put the Partition Wizard on a Flash Drive... You may have better luck with that..

Are PageFile, SwapFile, HiberFil in fact gone from your C:| drive when you show Hidden Files ?

slance310, Feb 6, 2017
  4. YUMI and BSOD no help from YUMI

YUMI and BSOD no help from YUMI [​IMG]
    Attention:

Before posting a BSOD thread, please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

If you need to add new information, please make a new post in your initial BSOD thread. Please do not make an extra new thread.

BSODHunter, Feb 6, 2017
  5. It formally was a BSOD issue, as I mentioned that is no longer relevant. Back to the question at hand.

JerometheGiraff, Feb 7, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I don't know why YUMI didn't boot but I have a suggestion that should make that a moot point. Instead, use Kyhi's WinPE Rescue disk. I think it's the best rescue tool around. Boots Windows 10 and has a bunch of tools to resolve many of the problems you run into.

See here: Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk from KYHI

As for YUMI, is your PC a UEFI system or an older BIOS system. If UEFI, then the flash driuve has to be UEFI bootable or you need to set CSM (compatibility) mode in the UEFI setup then you should be able to boot YUMI.

I couldn't find one, but maybe there is a forum where YUMI is discussed, somewhere on the pENDRIVElINUX SITE PERHAPS?

Ztruker, Feb 9, 2017
  7. Kyhi's WinPE Rescue Disk doesn't allow me to add custom rescue discs from Backup rescue software on a per machine basis which is what I originally had setup, or so I thought I had setup with YUMI. I think I did have YUMI formatted to UEFI but I'll try again and attempt to book into a multi-YUMI menu; and the PenDriveLinux site doesn't have a forum *Sad

JerometheGiraff, Feb 10, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

YUMI and BSOD no help from YUMI

Don't understand what you mean by the above. Do you mean the actual disc image or the software to restore with or what?
    Does your requirement have to support Linux software?

Kyhi's disc comes with Macrium Reflect Free which works for me for both backup and recovery.

As you can tell, I'm a bit confused here, but that's normal for me any more *Smile

Ztruker, Feb 10, 2017
  9. Don't understand what you mean by the above.

Do you mean the actual disc image or the software to restore with or what?
    Does your requirement have to support Linux software? You know that with backup software such as Macrium you can create rescue discs on a per machine basis, and the current version of Macrium is not the same as the previous version of Macrium. Those rescue discs which you can create
    per computer / machine I want to have the option of choosing when booting into the flash drive and from the looks of it Kyhi's WinPE Rescue Disc doesn't give me that option ?

JerometheGiraff, Feb 10, 2017
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Okay, I think I understand though I don't see the point since a standard Macrium Reflect recuse disc works on any computer I've tried it on, though I have had to turn CSM on some times.

Hopefully you can get YUMI to boot.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

YUMI and BSOD no help from YUMI

1. YUMI and BSOD no help from YUMI - Similar Threads - YUMI BSOD help

2. Making a Windows 10 USB using YUMI UEFI multiboot USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Making a Windows 10 USB using YUMI UEFI multiboot USB: Hey guys I got a question oki. How do I make a Windows 10 USB using YUMI UEFI multiboot USB tool. It says it supports Windows 10 iso but I cant put Windows 10 iso on it because the tool auto formats the USB to fat32 but then also since it auto formats fat32 windows 10 iso is...
  3. cant make YUMI bootable device fr win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant make YUMI bootable device fr win10: so YUMI has got rid of exFAT and NTFS and is only using FAT32 for UEFI , windows 10 is now over 4.7Gb in size so cant be put on the stick, its only good for Linux and 3 security apps cos I've tried most of them can anyone offer an alternative? thanks win10 174353
  4. cant make YUMI bootable device fr win10

in Windows 10 Support
    cant make YUMI bootable device fr win10: so YUMI has got rid of exFAT and NTFS and is only using FAT32 for UEFI , windows 10 is now over 4.7Gb in size so cant be put on the stick, its only good for Linux and 3 security apps cos I've tried most of them can anyone offer an alternative? thanks win10 174353
  5. Help Analyzing minidumps from bsods

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Analyzing minidumps from bsods: [ATTACH] Hi there, I've recently bought a new computer and I've been getting bsods after one week of use (it's been going for 2 months now). I have tried analysing them with Windbg and couldn't find the problem =( Here some of the minidumps:...
  6. YUMI - One ultimate USB Bootable Stick to rule them all!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    YUMI - One ultimate USB Bootable Stick to rule them all!: Hey guys, After solving some recent booting issues with Windows 10 i figured i'd pick up one of my old projects i had lying around. My goal actually was to have a single 32GB Bootable USB Flashdrive with enough tools at my disposal so if i ever ran into any trouble (or went...
  7. Xboot, E2B and Yumi dont work for me...alternatives for 4GB+?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xboot, E2B and Yumi dont work for me...alternatives for 4GB+?: Hi I cant get Xboot, Yumi or E2B to work for me... Xboot throws a Grub error Yumi wont work for EaseUS Backup & Restore Live CD Easy2Boot is uber slow...like 2 minutes just to get a menu to appear can anyone recommend something that does work well and with ISO's larger...
  8. Problem with YUMI Multiboot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with YUMI Multiboot in Windows 10: Has anyone else experienced this issue? I have an HP running Windows 10 Home, 16GB When I run YUMI Multiboot creator (any version) it will not see any USB drive in any USB port on this laptop. The laptop itself recognizes and accesses any USB drive without any problems....
  9. YUMI – Multiboot USB Setup Question

YUMI – Multiboot USB Setup Question: Has anyone had success with the YUMI – Multiboot tool to setup a USB with multiple ISO images? I set one up on a few different USB drives and each time i do it, it lists all ISO images to install but no matter what, it only loads and installs the last ISO i loaded. Ex:...
  10. Yumi with three different Win10 (32Bit, 64Bit Home and 64 Bit Pro) USB

Yumi with three different Win10 (32Bit, 64Bit Home and 64 Bit Pro) USB: Hi, Yumi has performed his works and arranged a multiboot USB Stick. After Rebbot and start from USB Stick all three Windows types ( 32Bit Home, 64 Bit home and 64 Bit PRo) were available. But on Stick there is only 3 GB used for Windows. In total all three iso files...