Windows 10: Z87 Sabertooth won't boot after case change

Discus and support Z87 Sabertooth won't boot after case change in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Moved Motherboard to new case (no boot) Probably shorting to case Removed from case and connected: 24 pin +8pincpu cables (booted) so placed back in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kodi, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Kodi Win User

Z87 Sabertooth won't boot after case change

Moved Motherboard to new case (no boot) Probably shorting to case
    Removed from case and connected: 24 pin +8pincpu cables (booted) so placed back in case (no boot)
    Removed from case and started to get intermittent boot.
    Now does not boot at all
    Tried another working PSU same result
    Both PSU's are getting Power to the Motherboard (Green standby light on motherboard is On)

:)

2. Windows Boot Error (PLEASE HELP)

It definitely works, and I'm pretty sure it is booting up but the problem is that its not displaying for me. There's no hardware issues and I think I can be safe with saying that... I'm definitely booting into it

After many failures to boot I'm not getting Advanced Startup Options... should I just keep booting into my C drive constantly and try?

Just in case it helps, my motherboard is the Gigabyte GA Z87 HD3

OMG its Krissss, Jan 27, 2017
  3. GlenS455 Win User
    After Windows 10 Pro update Intel I217-V shows cable not connected

On Sunday I updated from Win 10 to Win 10 Pro. After the reboot I can no longer connect to the internet. I am running Asus Sabertooth Z87 with an Intel I217-V LAN connection. The system shows that the cable is disconnected. Yet I can connect the same cable
    to my laptop and it connects fine. I also tried the ethernet cable from my TV that works and still the same results.

I tried loading the newest Asus driver for Win 10 and the Intel I217-V. When it is just about done Windows reports that the current driver is good and no changes were made.

Help would be much appreciated.

GlenS455, Jan 27, 2017
  4. nt62 Win User

That's an awesome motherboard.
    It has protections listed in the specifications.
    Moving a board can change a seat.
    You could pull your memory and seat them firmly.
    Even if they seem firm, a re seat may be necessary.
    Also, if you have more than one memory module, try removing and re seat one at a time.

You could also clear the CMOS.
    Also suggest pulling power and reset plugs and boot using onboard button.
    Recheck polarity.

Remove any cards to debug from scratch. Test to determine if you can enter bios.
    If yes, reset to default when in, then restore to your preference.

good luck

5. Kodi Win User
    SOLVED

I can't believe what the problem was.
    I was going to clear the CMOS and noticed that the Jumper was missing.
    Replaced the Jumper and now it boots.

Kodi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Z87 Sabertooth won't boot after case change - Similar Threads - Z87 Sabertooth won't

2. Changing to a new motherboard and case

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing to a new motherboard and case: Hello, I am looking to take the parts from my HP PC and put them into a brand new case and motherboard. I want to be able to take the windows key license with it. I would also like to take both SSD from my pc into the new one unwiped one is boot drive and does have a windows...
  3. Changing to a new motherboard and case

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing to a new motherboard and case: Hello, I am looking to take the parts from my HP PC and put them into a brand new case and motherboard. I want to be able to take the windows key license with it. I would also like to take both SSD from my pc into the new one unwiped one is boot drive and does have a windows...
  4. Boot problem after case number 1051632652

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot problem after case number 1051632652: Case number 1051632652 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-problem-after-case-number-1051632652/ef29f5e9-541a-4d51-a0cf-dafea3596e4b
  5. Boot problem after case number 1051632652

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot problem after case number 1051632652: Case number 1051632652 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-problem-after-case-number-1051632652/ef29f5e9-541a-4d51-a0cf-dafea3596e4b
  6. Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig: So I changed number of processors in msconfig from 8 to 1 with an i7 3770 so I rebooted now I just get the blue recovery screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-boot-after-changing-number-of-processors-in/7edb604a-29de-4048-82d5-48f55f852344
  7. Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig: So I changed number of processors in msconfig from 8 to 1 with an i7 3770 so I rebooted now I just get the blue recovery screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-boot-after-changing-number-of-processors-in/7edb604a-29de-4048-82d5-48f55f852344
  8. Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. No USB 3.0 support on Asus Sabertooth Z87 after upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No USB 3.0 support on Asus Sabertooth Z87 after upgrade: Hi, this is driving me crazy for over a week now and i just can't find any solution . Upgraded from Windows 8.1 went pretty smoothly except for my USB 3.0 ports and i just can't find the right drivers or windows won't let me install them. The ports in the back of the...
  10. Windows won't boot after changing regedit

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows won't boot after changing regedit: I was following a simple guide on how to make shortcut arrows disappear using regedit. I followed what it said and restarted my computer. The PC was turning itself off and on and off and on. I cut the power and restarted it - the PC is staying on but windows will not boot! I...