Windows 10: Z97 Use Integrated graphics card along with external graphics card.

Discus and support Z97 Use Integrated graphics card along with external graphics card. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey, recently, I have came up with an idea of a fourth monitor, but my GPU (970) supports only three, which ones that I own. It has fourth one but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by XMan3, Apr 7, 2016.

1. XMan3 Win User

Z97 Use Integrated graphics card along with external graphics card.

Hey, recently, I have came up with an idea of a fourth monitor, but my GPU (970) supports only three, which ones that I own. It has fourth one but I don't have the right cables for it for now.
    I noticed that my motherboard has two open video ports, one being VGA which I needed. So, I tried just plugging it in and seeing what happens but it doesn't seem to work, I have tried looking for results around the internet and BIOS but they don't seem to work. The three monitors which I have plugged into my GPU, work perfectly fine, but, as I said, the motherboard's VGA port doesn't work. I have heard that such thing definitely is possible, but I cannot find out what I need to do.

Does anyone have an answer to this?

:)

XMan3, Apr 7, 2016

2. Graphics Cards and Integrated Graphics

Hi Mike,

We acknowledge that you would like to set up your dedicated graphics card. We advise to contact the manufacturer of the graphics card for proper support and to get the right information on how you can set up your graphics card safely and properly.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Apr 7, 2016
  3. Graphics Cards and Integrated Graphics

To whom it may concern,

I have recently installed a dedicated graphics card in my Windows system, and in order to use 3 monitors, I had to force the integrated graphics processor on in the BIOS. Is there a way to switch the order that Windows detects the GPUs? In TSKMGR, it reports
    that the Intel HD Graphics 530 is GPU 0 and the nVidia GeForce GT 730 is GPU 1, and showing that only the 530 processor is being used for OpenGL,CL and DirectX. I want the nVidia GPU to b e GPU0 and the Intel HD 530 to be GPU1. Is this possible?

Thank you!

-Mike

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

MikeParker1, Apr 7, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

There are two different z97 models by ASUS, as far as I know. One is z97 A and the ohther is z97 K. Make it sure which one is your. Then go to ASUS's website and download the Intel Graphics driver for your particular model.

If the proper driver is assigned, and the BIOS is not blocking the integrated graphics, then the monitor plugged in to the motherboard's end should work.

5. flybynite Win User
    Or you can just buy an adapter to connect your monitor to a usb port. That is what I do, and it works great!

flybynite, Apr 9, 2016
  6. XMan3 Win User
    Nope. Either of those worked.
    And, my model is "Z 97 Pro Gamer".

Oh, and... I cannot really afford an USB graphics thing...

XMan3, May 30, 2016
  7. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Well, Intel® HD Graphics is Processor Graphics. Generally it is said "onboard"; but it is not the board but the processor that processes the graphics.
    And your Processor Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3 says ....
    Z97 Use Integrated graphics card along with external graphics card. [​IMG]

That is why the back panel display ports are not working.

If you apply a CPU of 1150 socket that has the ability to process graphics, the ports will work.

8. badrobot Win User

It's definitely possible. I've done that many times and here's a proof. This is my old PC running on HD 5450 video card (a low-end 3-monitor card) and the on-board video.

Z97 Use Integrated graphics card along with external graphics card. [​IMG]

What CPU do you have? Do you see the monitor in display settings Window?

EDIT. Ooops.... sorry. I guess this thread is done. *Redface

badrobot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Z97 Use Integrated graphics card along with external graphics card. - Similar Threads - Z97 Integrated graphics

2. My Integrated Graphics Card Is Stuck As Being Used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Integrated Graphics Card Is Stuck As Being Used: I have been having a problem with NVIDIA Control Panel. When I go in the Manage 3d Settings Menu, it prevents me from choosing my Preferred Graphics Processer. This has made it difficult to play games due to the integrated graphics card being used. Can somebody help me my...
  3. My Integrated Graphics Card Is Stuck As Being Used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Integrated Graphics Card Is Stuck As Being Used: I have been having a problem with NVIDIA Control Panel. When I go in the Manage 3d Settings Menu, it prevents me from choosing my Preferred Graphics Processer. This has made it difficult to play games due to the integrated graphics card being used. Can somebody help me my...
  4. Issue with integrated graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with integrated graphics card: I have an Ibuypower pre-built pc. I have an I7-11700 CPU. It has integrated graphics and I also have a dedicated Nvidia RTX 2080 GPU. I recently moved my computer within my home office. Prior to disconnecting everything, I powered down the pc, turned the power supply off and...
  5. Issue with integrated graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with integrated graphics card: I have an Ibuypower pre-built pc. I have an I7-11700 CPU. It has integrated graphics and I also have a dedicated Nvidia RTX 2080 GPU. I recently moved my computer within my home office. Prior to disconnecting everything, I powered down the pc, turned the power supply off and...
  6. System using Integrated Graphics instead of NVIDIA Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System using Integrated Graphics instead of NVIDIA Card: Hello, When I check Task Manager while running many programs Chrome, Discord, Spotify etc.and connecting to a wireless display. It shows that my Intel integrated graphics Intel Core i5 9th gen is being tasked with handling everything. while my NVIDIA graphics card NVIDIA GTX...
  7. graphic card

graphic card: I have Toshiba netbook NB 305 with windows 10. I wanted to download for windows 10 ookla speedtest which is offered free in Microsoft store. After installation when I click on launch I got message "failed to initialize direct3D. At least Direct 11 feature level 9.3 is...
  8. graphics card

graphics card: how do I find out which graphic card I have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card/ce87d398-8667-4c3a-985c-96a6c9defdf6
  9. Graphic Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic Card: How do I find the graphic card data installed on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/graphic-card/9c222831-7ddf-4e28-9f0c-c4518df153df
  10. graphics cards

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    graphics cards: I have a 6 year old Dell XPS 8300 with new hard drive, PSU and monitor,keyboard and mouse. When it breaks I will get another and not sink money in this one. I can use some of the parts. The graphics card, NVidia, is horizontal and works OK. I also have a similar port...