Windows 10: Zanahs - WebDeviceRemoter.exe Background Process. What is this? Should I remove it? How to?

Discus and support Zanahs - WebDeviceRemoter.exe Background Process. What is this? Should I remove it? How to? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I recently found this background process named Zanahs under the Background Processes list in the Task Manager. Does anyone have any idea what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by X. Grace A., Jul 18, 2018.

1. Zanahs - WebDeviceRemoter.exe Background Process. What is this? Should I remove it? How to?

Hi,

I recently found this background process named Zanahs under the Background Processes list in the Task Manager. Does anyone have any idea what this is? It's eating up more than half of the CPU. I tried asking Google but came up with irrelevant results. Should I remove it? If yes, how do I remove it completely?

Zanahs - WebDeviceRemoter.exe Background Process. What is this? Should I remove it? How to? d019cd9b-56f1-49c4-a31b-4aa6dce0dded?upload=true.png

:)

X. Grace A., Jul 18, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

Background Processes

Hello Andrew,

Task Manager shows you the running processes or programs depending on what kind of services they are.
    Background processes run in the background without user intervention. The processes you see under this category include processes that involve logging, system monitoring, scheduling, and notifications. These are the processes that programs
    usually use in the background. Windows services on the other hand, shows you the list of processes that make up your computer's interface or behavior. This explains why what you normally see under this category are the Windows services that
    tell your computer how to operate.

Regards.

John Vil, Jul 18, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Zanahs - WebDeviceRemoter.exe Background Process. What is this? Should I remove it? How to?

Malware tprdpw64.exe after installing 7zip

Thank you for the reply and the suggestions. However neither link provided a working solution. I followed each set of instructions step by step, to the T, but the viruses are still there.

I killed the processes with Rkill as instructed, and it found and ended the malware process `tprdpw64.exe`. It, however, did nothing
    about the adware `svcvmx` & `svcvmx client` processes. After doing so I downloaded and installed Zemana, as instructed, and let it do a full system scan. Might I add that this took over
    10 hours to complete, as I have 1,396,541 files on my PC, so this whole thing wasted nearly half a day of my time with no results.

Zemana detected the malware virus `tprdpw64.exe` located at "C:\WINDOWS\System32\tprdpw64.exe"
    (among other, smaller "threats"), and labeled it as malware. After it finished the scan, it said it has placed all files into quarantine, including `tprdpw64.exe`.
    However, when checking the quarantine list `tprdpw64.exe` is
    not listed. I then decided to have Zemana remove the files in the
    quarantine list from my system and then rebooted my PC. It removed them all successfully, except for `tprdpw64.exe`
    which is still on my system, and still runs (I can still see it in task manager after rebooting). So the 10+ hours of waiting were all for nothing.

I then used Zemana's "drag-and-drop" feature to re-scan just `tprdpw64.exe`
    (in order to not have to wait 10+ hours again). It scanned it, and now says the file is not a threat (but it clearly is).

I then proceeded to step 2, using AdwCleaner to remove the adware. This did not work in the slightest. AdwCleaner did not detect the adware virus at all, and thus did nothing about it. I still cannot remove the viruses manually, either. However for some
    reason, the adware `svcvmx` & `svcvmx client` processes no longer seem to run (my PC has been on for about an hour, and the processes
    have yet to startup). However, even so the files are still on my file system and would like to delete them.

EDIT

I have just searched my registry, looking for any possible signs of tprdpw64 being listed, and there was nothing there.

Jon Barrow, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Zanahs - WebDeviceRemoter.exe Background Process. What is this? Should I remove it? How to?

1. Zanahs - WebDeviceRemoter.exe Background Process. What is this? Should I remove it? How to? - Similar Threads - Zanahs WebDeviceRemoter exe

2. What is the "0vfo21l0.exe" process?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the "0vfo21l0.exe" process?: I saw it in task manager. I can't find it online. It had a NordVPN icon. I couldn't find it in any NordVPN file folders though.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-0vfo21l0exe-process/7ac9861c-3e18-4b41-8a11-8e7c10860d40
  3. What is the "0vfo21l0.exe" process?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the "0vfo21l0.exe" process?: I saw it in task manager. I can't find it online. It had a NordVPN icon. I couldn't find it in any NordVPN file folders though.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-0vfo21l0exe-process/7ac9861c-3e18-4b41-8a11-8e7c10860d40
  4. How to remove an ".exe" process exclusion from Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove an ".exe" process exclusion from Windows Security: Hi, I struggle with high CPU and in trying to fix it I accidentally created an exception for ".exe" as a process in my windows security app. The "remove" button is non-responsive, despite being able to delete other exclusions. I have also tried finding and deleting the...
  5. Identifying Malicious Background Processes What to Keep and What to Remove

Identifying Malicious Background Processes What to Keep and What to Remove: Good Morning Microsoft Support, After going through my Task Manager, I have noticed a few irregular processes running in the background or suspended. This made me wonder if there is an existing resource or guide on how to identify which processes are malicious, and which are...
  6. Identifying Malicious Background Processes What to Keep and What to Remove

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Identifying Malicious Background Processes What to Keep and What to Remove: Good Morning Microsoft Support, After going through my Task Manager, I have noticed a few irregular processes running in the background or suspended. This made me wonder if there is an existing resource or guide on how to identify which processes are malicious, and which are...
  7. Should windows be running a 102 processes in the background?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should windows be running a 102 processes in the background?: Computer's started chugging lately, and I noticed my CPU was at 100% while I had no major tasks running. Check the processes and I have nearly two hundred, a hundred and two of which are Window's Processes. So... Normal, yay or nay? Cause I'm leaning towards nay. submitted...
  8. what is this? should i remove it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is this? should i remove it?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/plxnp0oadpt51.png?width=407&format=png&auto=webp&s=8875fb72cb613d6934ca3686badf428fccbd344c so my c drive was being auto filled and i searched up how to fix it , i found a method that i should open system properties , then i saw this...
  9. What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus?

in Windows 10 News
    What is rundll32.exe process? Is it a virus?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]A lot of Windows users have doubts about whether the rundll32.exe process that they see in the Task Manager is a genuine process or a virus. The reason behind these inquiries is the paranoia created by fraud tech support companies [...] This post What is...
  10. Clicking on a exe starts the program in the background processes.

Clicking on a exe starts the program in the background processes.: Hi, I'll try to be short, since it's strange and hard to explain. Had windows 8.1, upgraded to Windows 10, everything normal. After a few months, one program I use for a long time started giving me problems - plays.tv. It''s a client app that allows recording of in-game...