Windows 10: Zip Drives on Windows 10

Discus and support Zip Drives on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Does anyone know if Iomega (Now Lenovo EMC2) Zip drives are supported in Windows 10? I don't have one to test right now but plan on getting a 750MB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesAndersonJr, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Zip Drives on Windows 10

Does anyone know if Iomega (Now Lenovo EMC2) Zip drives are supported in Windows 10?
    I don't have one to test right now but plan on getting a 750MB one soon.

Also, does anyone know, or have a snapshot, of what a Zip drive icon looks like in File Explorer? Did Microsoft create a unique icon for it like they did for floppy drive, or does it just show up as a generic external disk drive?

:)

JamesAndersonJr, Jan 16, 2016

2. Windows 10 Will Only Recognize My MAIN USB Zip Drive In Port (EZip Drives on Windows 10 :). It Will NOT Recognize Any Other Zip Drive Plugged Into Any Other Port.

Trying to transfer files from one USB zip drive to another. WIndows 10 will only show the main zip drive on 'This PC'.

Today, I am transferring files from one zip drive to another and all my computer will recognize is my main zip drive (EZip Drives on Windows 10 :) and files. If I plug in a different USB drive into a different port, it will not
    even show that the USB drive is plugged in and will not pull it up on available lists.

If I unplug the main USB zip drive from drive (EZip Drives on Windows 10 :) and then plug in another USB zip drive to the SAME port, it will not even show (EZip Drives on Windows 10 :) on the list.

If I plug a new USB zip drive into ANY other port, it will not show it on the list either.

I've updated the drives (it said the updates are already installed) on the computer and it still only shows the main zip drive (EZip Drives on Windows 10 :) when the MAIN USB zip drive in inserted.
    Zip Drives on Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Zip Drives on Windows 10 :mad: ..I
    NEED it to show BOTH (EZip Drives on Windows 10 :) and (FZip Drives on Windows 10 :) drives, at the SAME time on DIFFERENT ports, to transfer files from the main drive to the new drive. Windows 10.

Any ideas?Thank you.

GwenChristi, Jan 16, 2016
  3. Cant download a zip drive that I have drawings on.

Is the zip drive working other wise? Does it show up in Start > File Explorer > This PC

Which brand model Zip drive is it?

Iomega 100 zip drive with windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Jan 16, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

Zip Drives on Windows 10

They aren't supported (the last supported Windows version was 32bit XP) but perhaps you saw this:

Iomega ZIP and JAZ dirvers for Windows 7 64bit - Page 2 - Lenovo Community

5. bobkn Win User
    How about USB Zip drives? No SCSI interface required.

No personal experience. I can't recall how many years ago I retired my Zip100 drive. (It was an internal. I forget which interface it used.) For security, I erased my old Zip100 cartridges - using an 8 lb sledge hammer. (Didn't seem worth the effort to clean erase them.)

bobkn, Jan 16, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Zip drives are no longer supported by Microsoft or the manufacturers. They may work with Linux, but that is highly doubtful, since the technology was more of a crutch between those who could not afford tape drives and the manufacturers thought that they were going to replace the 3.5" drives, which never happened.

bro67, Jan 17, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    I just light a fire and toss any old media that needs to be destroyed into.

bro67, Jan 17, 2016
  8. Zip Drives on Windows 10

My USB Zip drive worked perfect in win 10 home 64bit.
    tested it last week.
    it showed up as a Zip100 usb device in device manager and all my disks were read n writable.
    Also I didn't need to find or install any drivers
    Update
    just connected it back up and took a snapshot

Zip Drives on Windows 10 [​IMG]

shakennstirred, Jan 17, 2016
  9. xybix Win User
    What driver it is using? When I tried plugging in my zip100 using the USB cable the machine wouldn't let it boot - said there was an error and stopped it.

xybix, Apr 23, 2016
  10. Winuser Win User
    I'll have to check and see if I still have my old Zip drive. I'ts been so long since I used it I don't even remember what was on my Zip disk.

Winuser, Apr 23, 2016
  11. SteveXY Win User
    I got a 2nd hand Iomega USB zip drive 100 and plugged it into my computer running Windows 10 Pro. I was delighted to find it was instantly recognised by Windows 10 and works perfectly.

SteveXY, May 15, 2017
  12. bobkn Win User
    At the risk of being a little snarky: Delighted? Why?

I suppose that you might have some old Zip 100 cartridges that you'd like to recover data from. Other than that, flash drives and modern optical media have rendered Zip100s about as useful as 1.44MB floppies.

If you weren't in NZ, I might try to interest you in my old 21 MB Floptical drive. (I think that it may still be around in a closet, somewhere.) It was a failure in the market, as was its superior descendent, the LS120.

bobkn, May 15, 2017
  13. Berton Win User

Zip Drives on Windows 10

I have a 250MB Iomega USB drive but also have a WinXP computer with an internal 250MB Zip drive and combination 5.25"/3.5" floppy drive, saved both against the time clients want data retrieved from those disks and also because more modern BIOSes don't have support for the A: and B: drives, motherboards don't have the port for them.

Berton, May 15, 2017
  14. swarfega Win User
    What about trying them in XP in vmware.

swarfega, May 15, 2017
  15. Berton Win User
    Probably hardware issues, my computer's motherboard doesn't have the PATA 40-pin/80-pin port for the Internal Zip drive. It also does not have BIOS support for A: and B: drives or the necessary 34-pin port. USB Zip and 3.5" drives do work but I've never found an External 5.25" drive.

Berton, May 15, 2017
Thema:

Zip Drives on Windows 10

1. Zip Drives on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Zip Drives

2. No error message. Scanned a 64GB zip drive and found 16+T 33.5GB 'recovered file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No error message. Scanned a 64GB zip drive and found 16+T 33.5GB 'recovered file...: 2023-12-30 Microsoft Question No error message. Scanned a 64GB zip drive and found 16+T 33.5GB 'recovered file fragments', dated 2018 and 2020. I don't know what the fragmented files are or how I can read them. The drive hasn't been in use for a long time. The only other...
  3. No error message. Scanned a 64GB zip drive and found 16+T 33.5GB 'recovered file...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No error message. Scanned a 64GB zip drive and found 16+T 33.5GB 'recovered file...: 2023-12-30 Microsoft Question No error message. Scanned a 64GB zip drive and found 16+T 33.5GB 'recovered file fragments', dated 2018 and 2020. I don't know what the fragmented files are or how I can read them. The drive hasn't been in use for a long time. The only other...
  4. Can't delete a large zip file form C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete a large zip file form C drive: Hello,I'm trying to delete a zip file from Drive C, but no luck so far. the file is about 13 GB.I tried with CMD, PowerShell, and Safe mode. Nothing.With normal deletion, the process gets blocked at "calculating".Any ideas?The last solution would be to remove the SSD and...
  5. Can't delete a large zip file form C drive

Can't delete a large zip file form C drive: Hello,I'm trying to delete a zip file from Drive C, but no luck so far. the file is about 13 GB.I tried with CMD, PowerShell, and Safe mode. Nothing.With normal deletion, the process gets blocked at "calculating".Any ideas?The last solution would be to remove the SSD and...
  6. iomega 250 zip drive

iomega 250 zip drive: can't see iomega zip drive on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iomega-250-zip-drive/03a766f5-df89-4054-a99f-a95d3f5d76eb
  7. iomega 250 zip drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iomega 250 zip drive: can't see iomega zip drive on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iomega-250-zip-drive/03a766f5-df89-4054-a99f-a95d3f5d76eb
  8. iomega 250 zip drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Is there any way to get an Iomega zip 250 drive to work in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to get an Iomega zip 250 drive to work in windows 11: Is there anyway to get my Iomega Zip 250 drive to work on windows 11 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-get-an-iomega-zip-250-drive-to/065afa9e-6dae-4821-864d-53b40676650f
  10. Is there any way to get an Iomega zip 250 drive to work in windows 11

Is there any way to get an Iomega zip 250 drive to work in windows 11: Is there anyway to get my Iomega Zip 250 drive to work on windows 11 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-get-an-iomega-zip-250-drive-to/065afa9e-6dae-4821-864d-53b40676650f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. zip drive 750mb drivers windows 10