Windows 10: Zip file downloads.

Discus and support Zip file downloads. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been struggling with tweaking my newly restored Win 10. Nearly every set of instructions that I follow is wrong. I am continuously downloading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BellaDonna, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Zip file downloads.

I have been struggling with tweaking my newly restored Win 10.
    Nearly every set of instructions that I follow is wrong. I am continuously downloading the same program repeatedly.
    I am doing tasks two or three times before it fully responds.

It can't be just me.

To this end, I downloaded and installed a zip file.
    It correctly points to open with 7Zip.

This program did not leave a desktop icon, which is okay. It didn't immediately launch, which is okay. I couldn't find it when searching my Download folder, which is not okay.

As I clicked on the downloaded file (Firefox downloads), it asked me if I wanted to repair or remove, so I checked repair.
    Same thing happened.
    If it's not being saved in my Download folder, I assume I have to look in temp, but that is not normal or acceptable.

I'll return to ask about the other programs and actions that failed to work - another time.
    Either Win10 is continuously changing and making non-MS programs harder to work with Win/Office, or the essence of Win 10 is as bad as I've been saying that is is for a while.

Thank you.

:)

BellaDonna, Jul 10, 2016

2. downloading zip files

Are you sure the download was completed? Try another browser to test.

RobertJWin, Jul 10, 2016
  3. downloading zip files

Im trying to download pictures. they download as a zip file from drop box. when i open the folder its empty but when you look at the file size it appears to have something in it. i cannot extract anything out of the folder because there isn't anything
    inside. is there a setting that is causing me to not download the zip file correctly

KurtisDickey, Jul 10, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Zip file downloads.

In FF, when you right click on the file in downloads there's "Open Containing Folder" option, that should open folder with downloaded file. I don't know what you mean by "Installed zip file" ? Its either downloaded or opened by specified default program.
    Zip and other archived files have option to open it immediately upon download and that doesn't write the file on the disk. Other option is to only download the file to folder specified in FF options (you can change that).

CountMike, Jul 10, 2016
    BellaDonna, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Zip file downloads.

1. Zip file downloads. - Similar Threads - Zip file downloads

2. Downloaded ZIP files not opening and then disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded ZIP files not opening and then disappearing: Hi,I am downloading .zip files from a safe source, Slack. When I try to open the file it says Access Denied, and then short while later the file itself just disappears. First I also got a wacatac.b!ml Trojan warning, and resolved it using the answers provided in the thread:...
  3. Downloaded ZIP files not opening and then disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded ZIP files not opening and then disappearing: Hi,I am downloading .zip files from a safe source, Slack. When I try to open the file it says Access Denied, and then short while later the file itself just disappears. First I also got a wacatac.b!ml Trojan warning, and resolved it using the answers provided in the thread:...
  4. When I try to download zip files it doesn't download as zip files, how can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to download zip files it doesn't download as zip files, how can I fix this?: As you se in the image the files are supposed to be zip files but aren't zip files for some reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-download-zip-files-it-doesnt/04720976-3dc2-4957-a487-53bfa8387696
  5. When I try to download zip files it doesn't download as zip files, how can I fix this?

When I try to download zip files it doesn't download as zip files, how can I fix this?: As you se in the image the files are supposed to be zip files but aren't zip files for some reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-download-zip-files-it-doesnt/04720976-3dc2-4957-a487-53bfa8387696
  6. on download zip file some files deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    on download zip file some files deleted: I wanted to package my OS this evening, Then I saw weird behaviour. Whenever I download a zip file, Some files get deleted, Is there a way to fix this? Yes storage sense is on, But it runs at low disk space while my free disk space is 108 GB....
  7. Downloading a zip file

Downloading a zip file: I purchased turbo tax online and keep getting the error below while trying to install it, what should I do? Thank You! could not write value DefaultTokenId to key...
  8. Unable to open downloaded Zip Files

Unable to open downloaded Zip Files: Hi all, I recently installed windows 10 on the computer. However, when I download a folder from One Drive web onto my desktop - I am unable to open the file. The error shown is that it is unable to track the location of the Zip folder as per the current location. Please...
  9. Cannot download zip files

Cannot download zip files: Cannot download .zip files, click on them brings up a blank page. 50775
  10. I Can't Download Zip files

in Windows 10 Support
    I Can't Download Zip files: I also cannot edit any of my files. I get messages saying I have to have Admin permissions. I am the Admin. I want to get a web page up and running but if I can't edit files and download zips I'm screwed. Anybody know how fix this? I hate to think I paid $800 for a...