Windows 10: Zip file in File Explorer

Discus and support Zip file in File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I try to open a zip file in "File Explorer/Windows 10" with double click on, but it is no working. I'm trying with right mouse click to “extract... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DETOM, Aug 26, 2015.

1. DETOM Win User

Zip file in File Explorer

Hi
    I try to open a zip file in "File Explorer/Windows 10" with double click on, but it is no working. I'm trying with right mouse click to “extract all”, and I have got the error:

Windows cannot complete the extraction
    The compressed zipper Folder XXX is invalid

any idea?
    THX
    T

:)

DETOM, Aug 26, 2015

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Aug 26, 2015
  3. neilpzz Win User
    I no longer have winzip on my computer. How can I unzip a file?

If it's a standard zip file then File Explorer can open the zip file. (just double click the zip file)

Otherwise you could try 7-Zip
    http://www.7-zip.org/

neilpzz, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Sounds like your zip archive is broken.

Does it work with other zip archives?

Does it work when you copy a broken file to another PC? Can you then extract that file there?

Joergi, Aug 26, 2015
  5. DETOM Win User
    >Sounds like your zip archive is broken.
    The zip file is fine and I can open it in Windows 7, but I think, it is some issues with windows 10

DETOM, Aug 26, 2015
  6. Joergi Win User
    Joergi, Aug 28, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Tom, *Smile

If you like, see if downloading and merging the .reg file for the listed zip option in OPTION TWO of the tutorial below may be able to help. It will restore the default associations and registry entries for Zip files.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 28, 2015
  8. Zip file in File Explorer

I'm having this exact same issue. Not only do I get the "invalid file" error, but I also cannot simply double click on the zips to view them. This is an issue on ALL zips that are on my PC, including ones that I've downloaded previously and obviously was able to extract as I'm a little lazy in cleaning up the uncompressed directories. It's not a file association issue, as they show up correctly as "Compressed (zipped) Folder" in Properties, and I've already ran the assoc command to be sure. These files open just fine in 7zip. I started noticing this around a week or so ago and am out of ideas.

tonglebeak, Sep 6, 2015
  9. shimshom Win User
    Have you tried any of the free compression software like 7-Zip

shimshom, Sep 6, 2015
  10. As stated in my post, these zips work fine in 7zip. However, that is a workaround and not a fix.

To take this a step further: the native zip utility works fine (Right click->Send to->Compressed Folder). The files zip up just fine and can be extracted by 7zip, but still cannot be extracted by the native client.

tonglebeak, Sep 6, 2015
  11. tonglebeak, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Zip file in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Zip file File

2. File Explorer Preview Handler for zip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Preview Handler for zip files: How/where do I get a File Explorer Preview Handler for zip files?File Explorer shows a preview for some file types but not zip files. I'm told I need a zip file Preview Handler for Windows 10. Where do I get/download one of these?Tim...
  3. File Explorer Preview Handler for zip files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Preview Handler for zip files: How/where do I get a File Explorer Preview Handler for zip files?File Explorer shows a preview for some file types but not zip files. I'm told I need a zip file Preview Handler for Windows 10. Where do I get/download one of these?Tim...
  4. File Explorer Preview Handler for zip files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. zip files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  6. Restore zip functionality to File Explorer

Restore zip functionality to File Explorer: A while back I installed a 3rd party zip application to open a compressed folder I've never heard of before. After doing that, my File Explorer lost its ability to open .ZIP files. So I uninstalled the 3rd party application but it did not fix my ZIP function. I have been...
  7. Zip Files Open With Internet Explorer

Zip Files Open With Internet Explorer: I accidentally changed all my zip package files to open with Internet Explorer and I can't change it back to opening or downloading as a zip file. When I click "open with," there isn't an option to open with file explorer, and even when I go to "choose another app" -> "look...
  8. Zipped Files

Zipped Files: I have been using an online map creation tool for my business using Microsoft Edge, when I save the file its saved as a Zipped file locally. If I share this file with someone else and they try to open to view it online via Internet explorer nothing happens why' s this...
  9. Can you ZIP files using file explorer

Can you ZIP files using file explorer: Can you ZIP files using file explorer? If you can how do you do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-zip-files-using-file-explorer/9c023eb6-0718-4b82-a93e-5eccb1bbd7fa"
  10. Disable Zip File Compressed Folders File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Zip File Compressed Folders File Explorer: Hi all...Using Win10 Pro x64. I would like to disable windows showing .zip files in explorer as a folder...When you highlight it the contents inside the .zip are shown in the right pane view. I've scoured the net and found ways for Win7(which I did disable .zip folders on my...