Windows 10: zip folder

Discus and support zip folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does Ten create zip folder automatically depend on size of files? Ten made zip folder when I made new folder and saved three pictures. 82121 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by electron100, Apr 15, 2017.

1. zip folder

Does Ten create zip folder automatically depend on size of files?
    Ten made zip folder when I made new folder and saved three pictures.

:)

electron100, Apr 15, 2017

2. Zipped folder

I assume you did not save the zipped folder so its gone you will have create it again. Outlook would normally send it to drafts or send items. Uninstalled its not functional and your message is deleted and not to the deleted items folder because no folders
    exist uninstalled.

OctavianQR, Apr 15, 2017
  3. Zipped folder

I finally got Outlook (Office 7) set up and running. I could not find the folder so It must have been deleted as suggested by OctavianQR. It makes sense that I did not find the folder.

Thanks for the input and for helping me to finally set up Outlook. I no longer need to send the file but I'am sure that it will be easier to get it done now.

Frank G.

FrankGraulau, Apr 15, 2017
  4. zip folder

Yes mine just did. Don't know what it's dependent on, but it did it for a single file and then 10 files. Actually a zip file, not folder.

Wiley Coyote, Apr 15, 2017
  5. bobkn Win User
    Not for me.

I get the choices of creating a new folder or a "Compressed (zipped) folder". While Windows 10 treats a Zip archive like a folder, it's really a single file.

bobkn, Apr 15, 2017
  6. I was surprised by how little compression it made. No doubt other applications produce more compression.

7. Berton Win User
    The amount of compression done by any of the programs available relies heavily upon the type of files, for example music and pictures may not compress at all. A .jpg image file is already compressed about as much as it can be. Text files compress quite a bit, half or maybe more than the original. And File Explorer [and the older Windows Explorer] uses an icon for the .zip files that look a lot like the Folder icon but with a zipper added, just means there's other files in it.

Berton, Apr 15, 2017
  8. zip folder

LOL, the last thing I was using was PKZip on my old Dell with XP Pro.

9. Berton Win User
    I used PKZip in DOS and Win3.xx back in '92-95, most things such as Shareware I downloaded from Bulletin Boards were compressed, probably still have a copy.

Berton, Apr 16, 2017
  10. Still have the batch files I used to zip/unzip files. Back then working I'd use whatever I could get my hands on to speed up the process. At the peak of that job I was handling over 100k drawing files for a refinery. I needed all the help I could get. Thinking back now, we started keeping those files on the old large format cartridge Bernoulli dual drives. That was state of the art until we got a server ...

Wiley Coyote, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

zip folder

1. zip folder - Similar Threads - zip folder

2. Folder not zipping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder not zipping: Hi,so I have a work folder that's quite large that won't zip, i can press the zip button but nothing happens, no error message at all. I updated windows and restarted my laptop but nothing has changed. Can anyone help?...
  3. Folder not zipping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder not zipping: Hi,so I have a work folder that's quite large that won't zip, i can press the zip button but nothing happens, no error message at all. I updated windows and restarted my laptop but nothing has changed. Can anyone help?...
  4. Windows Explorer crashes every time a select a zip-folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer crashes every time a select a zip-folder.: Windows Explorer crashes every time as soon as I select a zip-folder, can't even delete it. I've had windows explorer crashing problems ever since I got Windows 11 with this Aero Gigabyte laptop back when Windows 11 just came out. These problems come and go with different...
  5. Windows Explorer crashes every time a select a zip-folder.

Windows Explorer crashes every time a select a zip-folder.: Windows Explorer crashes every time as soon as I select a zip-folder, can't even delete it. I've had windows explorer crashing problems ever since I got Windows 11 with this Aero Gigabyte laptop back when Windows 11 just came out. These problems come and go with different...
  6. Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11: Hello.As above - the context menu right click on desktop > new > in my Windows system is lacking "compressed zipped folder" option. I've tried several solutions found on google, but unfortunately none of them worked. Solutions I've tried already:-editing registry key-assoc...
  7. Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11

Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11: Hello.As above - the context menu right click on desktop > new > in my Windows system is lacking "compressed zipped folder" option. I've tried several solutions found on google, but unfortunately none of them worked. Solutions I've tried already:-editing registry key-assoc...
  8. How to zip multiple folders at once

How to zip multiple folders at once: I want to zip multiple folders at once into their own zip files but I don't know how. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-zip-multiple-folders-at-once/481502a6-9a58-4113-9c43-ed173748dd72
  9. How to zip multiple folders at once

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to zip multiple folders at once: I want to zip multiple folders at once into their own zip files but I don't know how. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-zip-multiple-folders-at-once/481502a6-9a58-4113-9c43-ed173748dd72
  10. How to zip multiple folders at once

in Windows 10 Gaming