Windows 10: zip to folder

Discus and support zip to folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do you change compressed (zip) folders into regular folders with out loosing anything? I downloaded a bunch of stuff and it is all in zip folders.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by logman, Mar 7, 2016.

1. logman Win User

zip to folder

How do you change compressed (zip) folders into regular folders with out loosing anything? I downloaded a bunch of stuff and it is all in zip folders. Is there a reason I should keep them zipped, I have plenty of space.

:)

logman, Mar 7, 2016

2. Zipped folder

I assume you did not save the zipped folder so its gone you will have create it again. Outlook would normally send it to drafts or send items. Uninstalled its not functional and your message is deleted and not to the deleted items folder because no folders
    exist uninstalled.

OctavianQR, Mar 7, 2016
  3. Zipped folder

I finally got Outlook (Office 7) set up and running. I could not find the folder so It must have been deleted as suggested by OctavianQR. It makes sense that I did not find the folder.

Thanks for the input and for helping me to finally set up Outlook. I no longer need to send the file but I'am sure that it will be easier to get it done now.

Frank G.

FrankGraulau, Mar 7, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

zip to folder

Hello logman, *Smile

You can right click on the ZIP file, and click on "Extract All" to extract all contents in the ZIP to a folder at the same location.

Brink, Mar 7, 2016
  5. logman Win User
    Thanks Brink I'll give that a whirl, I was not sure and I didn't want to loose any data.

logman, Mar 8, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

zip to folder

1. zip to folder - Similar Threads - zip folder

2. Folder not zipping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder not zipping: Hi,so I have a work folder that's quite large that won't zip, i can press the zip button but nothing happens, no error message at all. I updated windows and restarted my laptop but nothing has changed. Can anyone help?...
  3. Folder not zipping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder not zipping: Hi,so I have a work folder that's quite large that won't zip, i can press the zip button but nothing happens, no error message at all. I updated windows and restarted my laptop but nothing has changed. Can anyone help?...
  4. Windows Explorer crashes every time a select a zip-folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer crashes every time a select a zip-folder.: Windows Explorer crashes every time as soon as I select a zip-folder, can't even delete it. I've had windows explorer crashing problems ever since I got Windows 11 with this Aero Gigabyte laptop back when Windows 11 just came out. These problems come and go with different...
  5. Windows Explorer crashes every time a select a zip-folder.

Windows Explorer crashes every time a select a zip-folder.: Windows Explorer crashes every time as soon as I select a zip-folder, can't even delete it. I've had windows explorer crashing problems ever since I got Windows 11 with this Aero Gigabyte laptop back when Windows 11 just came out. These problems come and go with different...
  6. Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11: Hello.As above - the context menu right click on desktop > new > in my Windows system is lacking "compressed zipped folder" option. I've tried several solutions found on google, but unfortunately none of them worked. Solutions I've tried already:-editing registry key-assoc...
  7. Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11

Missing "compressed zipped folder" in context menu - Windows 11: Hello.As above - the context menu right click on desktop > new > in my Windows system is lacking "compressed zipped folder" option. I've tried several solutions found on google, but unfortunately none of them worked. Solutions I've tried already:-editing registry key-assoc...
  8. How to zip multiple folders at once

How to zip multiple folders at once: I want to zip multiple folders at once into their own zip files but I don't know how. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-zip-multiple-folders-at-once/481502a6-9a58-4113-9c43-ed173748dd72
  9. How to zip multiple folders at once

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to zip multiple folders at once: I want to zip multiple folders at once into their own zip files but I don't know how. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-zip-multiple-folders-at-once/481502a6-9a58-4113-9c43-ed173748dd72
  10. How to zip multiple folders at once

in Windows 10 Gaming