Windows 10: Zone Alarm Pro

Discus and support Zone Alarm Pro in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Guys A warning and a question for those running Zone Alarm free or Pro Antivirus / Firewall. it was running perfectly fine on my windows 10... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jameshowe, Aug 5, 2016.

1. jameshowe Win User

Zone Alarm Pro

Hi Guys

A warning and a question for those running Zone Alarm free or Pro Antivirus / Firewall.

it was running perfectly fine on my windows 10 pro machine however after the anniversary update it has uninstalled itself without warning .

I am unsure if this occurs with other virus software.

Regards

James

:)

jameshowe, Aug 5, 2016

2. windows 10 screnn blinking

Zone Alarm was my problem. The screen would flash, and desk icon never appear. Taskmanager showed Zone Alarm and Windows malware process fighting, each with significant CPU time. Deleting Zone Alarm fix the issue.

Jean Valjean, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Failure to install new software

You need to check the Zone Alarm forum. Ask Google like so:

zone alarm forum

Frederik Long, Aug 5, 2016
  4. RolandJS Win User

Zone Alarm Pro

Perhaps it was "told" to uninstall; maybe don't count out Zone Alarm Pro or free just yet. What happened when you attempted to reinstall it?

RolandJS, Aug 5, 2016
  5. jameshowe Win User
    Hi Roland

I have just downloaded a copy of the free version from their website however on execution it states it cannot be installed as it detects an extisting version of Extreme Security - the paid version - ?

Any thoughts

Regards
    James

jameshowe, Aug 5, 2016
  6. swarfega Win User
    Since AU is a major update it may well change the nature of some installed programs and reset their settings and where the programs store their settings. I would download the latest version and consider reinstalling it.

There has been someone else on these forums reporting avast did the same.

swarfega, Aug 5, 2016
  7. Victek Win User
    Is there an entry in Programs and Features for ZA Extreme? If not perhaps run the ZoneAlarm Removal Tool.

zone alarm removal tool http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe

By the way the latest ZA Free firewall states it's compatible with the Anniversary update.

https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/for...-Free-Firewall

Victek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Zone Alarm Pro

1. Zone Alarm Pro - Similar Threads - Zone Alarm Pro

2. New time zone comparison feature with the latest Alarms & Clock app update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New time zone comparison feature with the latest Alarms & Clock app update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jenmsft [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kej75p/new_time_zone_comparison_feature_with_the_latest/
  3. Does Zone Alarm and Microsoft Store have a conflict?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Zone Alarm and Microsoft Store have a conflict?: I'm a long time user of Zone Alarm Extreme security. I never had any problems in the past until recently when I became interested in the game catalog the Store brought due to the game pass. When I purchased the game I was unable to download it no matter what I did. Then I...
  4. Use of Zone Alarm Firewall causing initial issue.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Use of Zone Alarm Firewall causing initial issue.: Whenever I boot up to Win 10 the Windows security shield icon is red for a couple of minutes or so before turning green. I discovered the cause was down to my use of ZoneAlarm as my firewall instead of the Windows one. Looking at my Zone Alarm config, it states I'm protected...
  5. Windows Alarm Clock - Wrong Time Zone default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Alarm Clock - Wrong Time Zone default: When I ask Cortana to set alarm for 4 hours it sets the alarm for an hour. Basically it sets alarm as if I were in PST vs EST which I am in. This isn't the first time I've had this issue and I can't fix it myself. Occasionally it works correctly after an update, but I...
  6. Uninstalled Zone Alarm Free in Win10 safe mode, now net won't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalled Zone Alarm Free in Win10 safe mode, now net won't work: Good day all, I was having trouble with Zonealarm sucking up giant swaths of my CPU output, so I decided to uninstall it. I couldn't do it in regular windows 10 so I booted into safe mode and uninstalled it. Now when I boot back in to regular windows all my networking won't...
  7. Unable to uninstall Zone Alarm ?

Unable to uninstall Zone Alarm ?: Had Zone Alarm for years and like it, however during a routine ZAlarm update for some reason it stuck at about 27% and wouldn't move. Eventually decided to uninstall and re-install via their support desk but now keep getting "Unable to stop Zone Alarm". All this might have...
  8. Anybody have experience with Zone Alarm?

Anybody have experience with Zone Alarm?: I got rid of Privatefirewall, and installed Zone Alarm. I noticed that when I installed Privatefirewall, it would ask me to do everything for the first time. And I could set it to remember. Even if I was just saving a document. Zone Alarm doesn't seem to be doing this. It...
  9. Can't connect to internet after zone alarm asked to allow regsvr32

Can't connect to internet after zone alarm asked to allow regsvr32: I blocked that file and wifi won't connect. I have Windows 10 on hp pavilion. Login screen for wifi hotspot suddenly is hidden unless I change to lower security and I get an error that ip configuration is wrong. But in device manager it says the device driver is working...
  10. No network (wired) after Win 10 Upgrade - Zone Alarm

No network (wired) after Win 10 Upgrade - Zone Alarm: Hi, I'm new here and am posting this in the hope it may help others. I had what seems to be a common issue after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10, where the PC (desktop) could not see the network/router. I do not have any VPN client installed and it was not a WiFi issue so...