Windows 10: Zonealarm FTD toolbar listed in apps, Will not uninstall

Discus and support Zonealarm FTD toolbar listed in apps, Will not uninstall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have no idea where it came from, but "Zonealarm FTD toolbar" appears in my list of apps. When I click to uninstall, the "modify" and "uninstall"... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tabasco, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Tabasco Win User

Zonealarm FTD toolbar listed in apps, Will not uninstall

I have no idea where it came from, but "Zonealarm FTD toolbar" appears in my list of apps. When I click to uninstall, the "modify" and "uninstall" buttons are grayed out and inactive.

Google searched around and apparently not a common problem. Attempted to uninstall with CCleaner but "Zonealarm FTD toolbar" does not show up in CCleaner's list of apps. Malwarebytes does not pick up on it either.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Tabasco, Aug 29, 2017

2. windows 10 update, unable to install uninstall zone alarm 10 (2012)

In order to completely remove ZoneAlarm from your system, please follow the directions below carefully.

If any of the steps below do not apply to you, or you are unable to perform the function listed, please continue to the next step.

1. Open ZoneAlarm, double click on the 'Z' icon in the system tray in the lower right hand corner of your screen OR Click Start, All Programs, Check Point, ZoneAlarm, and click the ZoneAlarm Secruity program.

2. After ZoneAlarm window appears, Click on the Tools dropdown and select Preferances. Uncheck the box "Load ZoneAlarm at startup" Then click OK.

3. Close ZoneAlarm.

4. Reboot your computer.

After your computer has rebooted ZoneAlarm will no longer automaticlly start.

5. Now click Start, Control Panel, Programs, select the ZoneAlarm program at the bottom of the list and click Uninstall.

Be sure to say YES to the security check.

6. You will be prompted to reboot your computer at the end of the uninstall.

ZoneAlarm is now uninstalled and is not running on your computer.

David Plotts, Aug 29, 2017
  3. BSOD Netio.sys

OK. But to the best of my knowledge I've never used Kaspersky. Only Zone alarm/CheckPoint. Kaspersky does not appear in my list of apps.

However: searching for vsdatant seems to show in multiple files that ZoneAlarm uses it.

And in the registry: "C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\ZoneAlarm\drivers\win70_64\vsdatant.sys"

So uninstall - re-install ZoneAlarm? Uninstall ZoneAlarm and see if the problem goes away? Delete vsdatant registry entries? Seems like a ZoneAlarm SW issue....?

registry data= "C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\ZoneAlarm\drivers\win70_64\vsdatant.sys"

Thanks, it looks like you've narrowed-it down.

Zonealarm FTD toolbar listed in apps, Will not uninstall [​IMG]

ChristopherK_PalosVerdes, Aug 29, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

Bastet, Aug 29, 2017
  5. Tabasco Win User
    Tabasco, Aug 30, 2017
  6. Tabasco Win User
    I attempted Revo but it did not find the program to uninstall, so I followed the instructions at this link to remove the item from the appa and features list:

How to Manually Remove Programs from the Add Remove Programs List

This successfully deleted the item from the apps list.

I manually checked program folders and deleted a Zonealarm folder that was empty. This was not an antivirus issue, it was a Windows issue, but my original post was moved from the general advice forum to here.

Thank you for your help!

Tabasco, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Zonealarm FTD toolbar listed in apps, Will not uninstall - Similar Threads - Zonealarm FTD toolbar

2. Game not listed in uninstall apps list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game not listed in uninstall apps list: I am trying to free up disk space and uninstall PC games . None of the 2 installed Games are listed in the uninstall app. What can I do ? Is it safe to just delete the file folders ?...
  3. No list of uninstalled apps after refresh

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No list of uninstalled apps after refresh: I recently decided to refresh my pc to fix some software problems I was having. Although I was prompted that the apps uninstalled would be given in a list on my desktop, once my computer booted back up there was no list on the desktop. Is there anywhere else this list could...
  4. Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list: I uninstalled Epson printer software, but the name remains in the list. Now when I try to uninstall again a dialog box pops up, "Windows cannot find....." I tried Revo uninstaller, but no change. I know it would probably be OK to leave it, but would like to get it out of my...
  5. Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list: I uninstalled Epson printer software, but the name remains in the list. Now when I try to uninstall again a dialog box pops up, "Windows cannot find....." I tried Revo uninstaller, but no change. I know it would probably be OK to leave it, but would like to get it out of my...
  6. Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.: W10-64 Pro. Here is a picture of the problem. Phoenix OS is (as far as I know) UNinstalled. [img] Using a super file finder, there are no files with the word phoenix in its name on the computer FWIW. A search of the registry finds a key Phoenix OS in two places. The...
  7. How to Uninstall Toolbar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Uninstall Toolbar: how to uninstall [Original Title: toolbar] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-toolbar/c2c948d8-51c5-416c-80ce-e97dca53e4a3
  8. List of apps to uninstall

List of apps to uninstall: Hi, I wanted to remove some programs form the Remove Programs list (because I have already deleted them manually, including the uninstall.exe file), so I followed your guide...
  9. how to uninstall app with no unistall in app list

how to uninstall app with no unistall in app list: how to uninstall app with no uninstall in app list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-to-uninstall-app-with-no-unistall-in-app-list/89294add-6c45-4cdf-8499-0ff15dbef19b
  10. Trying to uninstall zonealarm?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to uninstall zonealarm?: Hi, I upgraded to win 10 and noticed that ZoneAlarm wasn't loaded. I found that my version wasn't compatible with win 10. when I try to uninstall ZA I get a "Unable to create an installation log for logging installation activities" message and am unable to uninstall it. Can...