Windows 10: ZoneAlarm vs Windows Firewall ?

Discus and support ZoneAlarm vs Windows Firewall ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I've used ZoneAlarm for years as it actively rejects Ident packets. I've now found another way to do this, so I'm considering if it's time to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TomT, Feb 22, 2016.

1. TomT Win User

ZoneAlarm vs Windows Firewall ?

Hi

I've used ZoneAlarm for years as it actively rejects Ident packets. I've now found another way to do this, so I'm considering if it's time to move away from ZoneAlarm.

I currently have ZoneAlarm Free AV & Firewall, Avast AV, MalwareBytes and SpyBot Search and Destroy for scanning..

Would it be worth ditching ZoneAlarm AV / Firewall and using Windows Firewall with Avast, MalwareBytes and Spybot ?

Thanks

:)

2. kalqlate Win User

Windows 10 and ZoneAlarm.

That was a canned response from Microsoft; it had nothing to do with ZoneAlarm. The Windows 10 compatible version of ZoneAlarm Firewall is still in beta testing. Find out more by visiting the ZoneAlarm website.

kalqlate, Feb 22, 2016
  3. Issue with Activesync 4.5 and Rapimgr

Do you a firewall installed on your PC, ZoneAlarm for example? I saw a similar issue on another forum somewhere, where ZoneAlarm or, maybe, another firewall, would cause MapiMgr to go into a loop.

Linley Meslier, Feb 22, 2016
Thema:

ZoneAlarm vs Windows Firewall ?

1. ZoneAlarm vs Windows Firewall ? - Similar Threads - ZoneAlarm Firewall

2. ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall causes my Windows 11 desktop PC to crash with BSOD error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall causes my Windows 11 desktop PC to crash with BSOD error...: Subject: ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall causes my Windows 11 desktop PC to crash with BSOD error "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Netio.sys" when I upload files to the cloud Good day from Singapore, I have recently installed ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall on my Windows 11 desktop...
  3. ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall causes my Windows 11 desktop PC to crash with BSOD error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall causes my Windows 11 desktop PC to crash with BSOD error...: Subject: ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall causes my Windows 11 desktop PC to crash with BSOD error "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Netio.sys" when I upload files to the cloud Good day from Singapore, I have recently installed ZoneAlarm NG Free Firewall on my Windows 11 desktop...
  4. Unable to install ZoneAlarm (zafwSetupWeb_158_020_18208.exe)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to install ZoneAlarm (zafwSetupWeb_158_020_18208.exe): I removed "ZoneAlarm Free Firewall 15.6.121.18102" because I wanted to do a "clean" install of (zafwSetupWeb_158_020_18208.exe). The problem is ... NOTHING happens when I try to execute either version. IF I move the installer to C:\TEMP first, it will create a sub-folder...
  5. Is there a way to increase windows defender's detection speed of ZoneAlarm?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to increase windows defender's detection speed of ZoneAlarm?: Maybe a strange question..... Windows 10 defender / security center doesn't detect ZoneAlarm firewall immediately at startup, it takes a few minutes for it to 'pick it up', stating no firewall is active during that time (while ZoneAlarm says it is). Is there a way to speed...
  6. Considering going back to Zonealarm - would appreciate your comments

Considering going back to Zonealarm - would appreciate your comments: Years back and up to the demise of my Vista machine I always used ZoneAlarm as a firewall product. The thing I liked about it most was that you could set it to prompt you every time a new program or function wanted to access the Internet or use another process. It was then up...
  7. Large random ads--ZoneAlarm or something else?

Large random ads--ZoneAlarm or something else?: A few weeks ago I starting seeing large ads showing up just above the left side of the toolbar. They don't go away until I click an arrow. These have been annoying but now they're even advertising sexual function enhancers. I've run a complete ZoneAlarm virus scan and a...
  8. ZoneAlarm Firewall not working

ZoneAlarm Firewall not working: I tried on several occasions to install zonealarm firewall and got this compatibility blablabla. is anyone using it? What's the standalone firewall program that you'd recommend? 2991
  9. Zonealarm & Windows 10 - NO Firewall !

Zonealarm & Windows 10 - NO Firewall !: Hi I've been running ZoneAlarm on my Windows 10 PC without issue since I upgraded to Windows 10 Over the last few days my PC is telling me Zonealarm and the Windows firewall are turned off. I'm given the open to enable either. I can enable the Windows firewall, but...
  10. Windows Firewall or ZoneAlarm Free and stop internet access?

Windows Firewall or ZoneAlarm Free and stop internet access?: What do you think of Windows own firewall? Does it also stop outbound connections? What is it like compared to Zone Alarm? Is ZA in itself any good? Also, is there a tool similar to ZA's internet lock where you can temporarily enable / disable internet access? 64100

Users found this page by searching for:

1. zonealarm vs windows firewall

2. windows firewall compared to zone alarm firewall?