Windows 10: Zoom Player File type associations

Discus and support Zoom Player File type associations in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since I've updated to the most recent version of windows all the Video files will no longer asscociate to the various file types withing the Zoom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vipermk2, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Vipermk2 Win User

Zoom Player File type associations

Ever since I've updated to the most recent version of windows all the Video files will no longer asscociate to the various file types withing the Zoom icon library. It seems just to asscociate all to one particular Icon which is the main Zoom player Icon.

I've done a sfc/scannow to repair any problems and I've used a little app that is supposed to specifically associate ZP types.

Zoom Player File type associations [​IMG]

:)

Vipermk2, Sep 30, 2016
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Cant install Big Fish Games

It sounds like you have changed the file association to one of the Movie maker types, possibly
    .wmv .

You can re-set file associations to default.

tenforums.com default-file-type-associations-restore-windows-10-a.html

Big Fish games are Flash based, I believe, so your original issue may be due to an out of date Flash player,

or not yet installing Flash and Shockwave if you are using a 'clean' Win10 install.

Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player

Adobe - Adobe Shockwave Player

BossDweeb, Sep 30, 2016
  3. patc---01 Win User
    WHy are my MP3's showing as Nokia Music Manager under Type

I guess NMM "claimed" (ie: changed the file associations) for the various file types when you installed it.

You need to change the associations - Windows default program - for each file type. There are a couple of ways you can do this.

In Windows Explorer, to change the default for MP3s to Windows Media Player:

- open Windows Explorer

- right click on a an MP3 file

- from the pop-up menu select "Open with" and then "Choose program .."

You'll then see a list of applications.

- Select Windows Media Player

- click the "Alwayse use the selected program to open this kind of file" box at the bottom of the list

You'll need to repeat this process for each affected file type.

Alternatively, open your favourite media player and somewhere in the options there will be a list of file associations where you can "re-claim" the file types you want to use it for.

Usually, when you install media players there's an option during the installation about allowing the media player to change the file associations: generally speaking you should say No.
    Message Edited by patc on 12-Nov-200710:24 AM

patc---01, Sep 30, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I 'll guess what's happening is this:
    Perhaps in (say) win 7, if you set the associations from with Zoom player, icons were set appropriately.

From Win 8 on, associations cannot be set by programs- they can only register themselves as capable of handling the file types they do.

When you set the association from Settings or the Control panel or Open With, you are setting that association with the main executable.

If you wished, you could achieve this by hand, or by writing an appropriate script, I would think. But is it worth the time?

dalchina, Sep 30, 2016
  5. Vipermk2 Win User
    It was fine with previous Win 10 versions but with v14393.187 all has changed

Vipermk2, Sep 30, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    How did you set up the associations previously? Were the icons as you wanted, then you installed the update and then you found they were the same as each other, or did you apply the update, then install Zoom player?

dalchina, Sep 30, 2016
  7. Vipermk2 Win User
    All I used to do was right click the file/ open with zoom/ and check always use this app to open .mkv. After the update it had reverted to default then when I did the same, right click etc... all filetyes were associated with the main Player Icon.

Vipermk2, Sep 30, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

What happens if you use Default Programs/ Associate a File type... in the Control Panel?

dalchina, Sep 30, 2016
  9. Vipermk2 Win User
    Funnily enough I've just done another win update and the probelm has resolved itself.

Thank you for your replies and your assistance it is much appreciated.

Vipermk2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Zoom Player File type associations - Similar Threads - Zoom Player File

2. Adding a file type for file association with IDLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding a file type for file association with IDLE: How can I add a file type to associate a file type with IDLE from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** on Windows 11.I wish to associate .py with idle. I cannot find either the program or the file type in the settings panels.Dave...
  3. Adding a file type for file association with IDLE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a file type for file association with IDLE: How can I add a file type to associate a file type with IDLE from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** on Windows 11.I wish to associate .py with idle. I cannot find either the program or the file type in the settings panels.Dave...
  4. File Type Associations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Type Associations: HELP!... Is it possible to Associate ALL file types a specific program can open without having to do it one at a time? As example Corel Paintshop Pro. How can you associate all files it can handle with one click? Use to be able to do it from the program itself but that no...
  5. File Type Associations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Type Associations: HELP!... Is it possible to Associate ALL file types a specific program can open without having to do it one at a time? As example Corel Paintshop Pro. How can you associate all files it can handle with one click? Use to be able to do it from the program itself but that no...
  6. default file type association

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    default file type association: hi, I am using windows 10 home version 2004 on HP laptop. so, unfortunately I set the .srt file to open with ''notepad'' as default. but I want to revert this and to set it to unknown file type as it was before. so, how can I do this? restore previous version is greyed out....
  7. File type association

in Windows 10 Customization
    File type association: I accidentally assigned a .laz extension to be opened automatically with Adobe. When I try to go to the default settings to remove the association I only get the option of associating with another app. How can I remove this entirely or restore it back to were I get a prompt...
  8. Associating applications with file types

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Associating applications with file types: I have two applications that will open a particular file type- an older and a newer application. Files tend to open with the older, less useful application; to get the newer app with the better functionality I need to Right-click the file and select "Open With" from the...
  9. File type associated with App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File type associated with App: I recently installed Office 365 on my NB running Windows 10 Home. Upon successful installation, I uninstalled my Office 2007 from the NB. Nightmare occurred - I could not double click the selected file and open it with the App. Instead, I have to open the App first and...
  10. Default file type association

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default file type association: Hi! On Win 10 I want to change default file extension association to an exe file, but the system doesn't allow it. It happens with other extensions and programs too, but now specifically I wanted to associate the standalone version of flash player to .swf extension. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. zoom player file association