Windows 10: Zotac 1060 Amp edition install problems with windows 10 Pro.

Discus and support Zotac 1060 Amp edition install problems with windows 10 Pro. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a completely new build with windows 10 pro 64 bit. I purchased a Zotac GTX 1060 Amp edition graphics card to go with my new build. The card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mark1701, Sep 2, 2016.

1. mark1701 Win User

Zotac 1060 Amp edition install problems with windows 10 Pro.

I have a completely new build with windows 10 pro 64 bit. I purchased a Zotac GTX 1060 Amp edition graphics card to go with my new build. The card fitted fine but when I started to install the drivers thats when my problems began. When trying to install the drivers it goes through the compatibility part of the install then fails with this error message.
    Zotac 1060 Amp edition install problems with windows 10 Pro. [​IMG]

I have tried the drivers from both the Nvidia and Zotac websites and get the same problems. I'm really frustrated about this since I spent a whopping £253 on this card. If I'd known I was going to get these kinds of problems with a 1060 card then I would have just stuck with my older 760 which I know works perfectly with Windows 10.

:)

mark1701, Sep 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 Upgrade no previous OS

I have Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 10162

This is Zotac blank machine. I installed a SSD and memory and

installed the Windows 10 Pro on it. How do I get and Upgrade

reservation?

DavidPadula, Sep 2, 2016
  3. Windows 10 pro not compatible with Nvidia driver install program.

I bought a zotac GTX 1060 graphics card on Thursday for my new computer build. Unfortunately I cant get the drivers to install using the Nvidia install program. Now before anyone suggests it I have the very latest downloads available for my version of windows
    and I have downloaded the correct drivers off both the nvidia and zotac websites but when the installer launches it fails at the compatibility check part of the process and I get this error message on screen.

Now I spent over £250 on this card and it cant install on this system. I'm seriously considering going back to windows 7. I have an older model gtx 760 from a previous build but I dont think I can use that even though it worked fine on the windows 10 upgrade
    that I had on my old machine because I think i'll just have the same problems. I strongly believe that its a problem with this installer program, or more likely windows 10 pro, and not the card itself. Any help would be apreciated because this is really starting
    to annoy me after spending that amount on a graphics card and money on windows 10 pro.

scottishrizzles, Sep 2, 2016
  4. Gramps Win User

Gramps, Sep 2, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    Hi. did you download the latest 64-bit driver for 1060? Might be an idea to unistall the current driver, run ccleaner, reboot then install the latest version.

@Gramps lol your post appeared as I was typing this.

swarfega, Sep 2, 2016
  6. mark1701 Win User
    I should have also said that the card itself doesn't even show up in Device Manager. I dont have ccleaner but I will go and download that now and try as you suggest. I will let you know how things go.

mark1701, Sep 2, 2016
  7. Gramps Win User
    Until the drivers are installed Device Manager will show some type of generic info under the Display Adapters tab.

Gramps, Sep 2, 2016
  8. swarfega Win User

Be careful with the options in ccleaner and spend some time reading what they do so you don't wipe things you want to keep.

swarfega, Sep 2, 2016
  9. Carsomyr Win User
    Just an FYI in case you were unaware, when selecting your driver on the GeForce drivers page, there is now a drop down option for both "Windows 10" and also "Windows 10 Anniversary Update". So make sure you picked the right one, be a shame to do all that troubleshooting if it's something as silly as you chose the wrong installer *Tongue

Carsomyr, Sep 3, 2016
  10. worf105 Win User
    Not since the latest drivers came out the other day:

Where about in Scotland are you from?

worf105, Sep 3, 2016
  11. mark1701 Win User
    Dundee. Anyway I dont exactly know what I did wrong the first time around but I downloaded both the Anniversary update and the latest nvidia drivers again and everything apprears to be working fine now. Device manager recognises the card and it says its working correctly.

mark1701, Sep 3, 2016
  12. Gramps Win User
    Good news! Glad you got it sorted out!

Gramps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Zotac 1060 Amp edition install problems with windows 10 Pro. - Similar Threads - Zotac 1060 Amp

2. Zotac 1070 AMP 8G vs Palit 2060 dual 6G

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Zotac 1070 AMP 8G vs Palit 2060 dual 6G: I own ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1070 AMP Edition (In my main gaming PC) but have recently bought Palit GeForce RTX™ 2060 Dual for a very low price. I intend to use it in the second gaming PC I'm building, but my question is, which one is better for my main gaming PC? They are very...
  3. windows 10 pro installation problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro installation problem: today purchase windows10 pro from Microsoft store after purchase and process done then restart the laptop and check it show windows 10 enterprise version and not activated . so what can I do now?????...
  4. Windows 10 Home edition IIS installation problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home edition IIS installation problem: Hello, I have Win 10 Home edition on my new surface X pro. But I can not install IIS because it is not present among the windows features and con not add it. Could you please help me to install it? How can I fix this problem....
  5. Windows 10 Pro installation problems

Windows 10 Pro installation problems: I have tried to install Windows 10 Pro over Windows 7 Pro but I get an error message that it cannot update the system reserved partition. It is a 64 bit laptop and a 64 bit copy of Windows. Any suggestions? Thanks, TeresaHaight...
  6. amp for win 10

amp for win 10: You got an error message while using Windows Media Player. Unfortunately, specific info about the error isn't currently available. What does this mean and how do I fix it?...
  7. Windows 10 pro is installed and need 10 home edition.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro is installed and need 10 home edition.: I have done multiple clean reboots to reinstall windows 10 Home. I watched some videos and followed each one to the T, still not right. I was never given the option to choose which edition to use. After I select troubleshoot it says I have the product key for HOME not PRO....
  8. Install FSX Gold Edition on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install FSX Gold Edition on Windows 10 Pro: Hi all, I would like some support for installing my FSX Gold edition 2006. What other support programme do I need to make it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/install-fsx-gold-edition-on-windows-10-pro/fa3cf8cc-f8a6-4ea2-99a3-980fdc29283d
  9. Problem with Windows 10 Pro Installation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem with Windows 10 Pro Installation: I have a minor problem with my Windows 10 Pro installation in that I cannot get AutoPlay to work in spite of settings being set. So far I have tried Chkdsk was not needed as windows had found no errors I ran sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt with the result...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Edition Strange Login Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Edition Strange Login Problem: Hi everybody! I'm having a strange (login) problem with my Windows 10 Pro Anniversary edition. Recently I decided to reinstall my desktop since I wanted to upgrade to the Anniversary update of winodws, but for some reason it was failing to do it via Windows update and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. zotac gtx 1060 su windows 10 pro