Windows 10: A and D buttons take me to the homescreen

Discus and support A and D buttons take me to the homescreen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have this big problem, sometimes, usually around 1 or 2 times per week my keyboard and mouse stop working for around 10 seconds, then they start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by motjal, May 8, 2024.

1. motjal Win User

A and D buttons take me to the homescreen

I have this big problem, sometimes, usually around 1 or 2 times per week my keyboard and mouse stop working for around 10 seconds, then they start working again. On top of that, when that occurs, sometimes pressing A or D take me to the homescreen. AND on top of that, I use discord, and when I click a channel on a discord server, it opens up a discord tab on chrome even though I use the app. Usually it gets fixed when I restart my computer, but sometimes it results in a blue screen saying "Your device ran into a problem" and gives me ACPI_BIOS_ERROR stop code. I'm not sure what could cause t

:)

motjal, May 8, 2024

2. e71 homescreen

This question is no biggie I guess...but I've got to ask...

The "to do list" icon does not appear on my homescreen. I did it the right way, ticked the box and all..it just isn't there:smileysad: any suggestions? TNX

angellicano, May 8, 2024
  3. Kari Win User
    changing Homescreen options

I might be wrong, but I think OP is talking about Desktop and OneDrive Protected Folders. If so, Desktop folder icon in File Explorer > This PC will show OneDrive's cloud-like icon:

A and D buttons take me to the homescreen 196687d1532250407t-changing-homescreen-options-image.png

Do the following to change it:

Right click OneDrive icon in notification area:

A and D buttons take me to the homescreen 196682d1532249934t-changing-homescreen-options-image.png

A small pop-up window opens. Select Settings:

A and D buttons take me to the homescreen 196683d1532250029t-changing-homescreen-options-image.png

Settings will open. Under Auto-save tab, select Update folders:

A and D buttons take me to the homescreen 196684d1532250124t-changing-homescreen-options-image.png

Click Stop protecting:

A and D buttons take me to the homescreen 196685d1532250215t-changing-homescreen-options-image.png

Confirm:

A and D buttons take me to the homescreen 196686d1532250247t-changing-homescreen-options-image.png

That's it. Your desktop is now empty, OneDrive desktop no longer shown and you can put anything you want to on desktop.

Kari, May 8, 2024
  4. cg21315 Win User

changing Homescreen options

I'm wondering if anyone knows how I could change my homescreen to display a directory other than my desktop, for example my downloads, or pictures etc.

The reason why I'm asking is because everything is being stored on the desktop under my OneDrive and I want to change it so that my homescreen displays my regular desktop, not the one under Onedrive.

Thanks in advance!

cg21315, May 8, 2024
Thema:

1. A and D buttons take me to the homescreen - Similar Threads - buttons homescreen

2. Disable GameBar on Xbox Button on Controller not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable GameBar on Xbox Button on Controller not working: I have been trying to disable the opening of the Game Bar when the Xbox button is pressed, but it is not working.I have disabled all settings related to this and toggled the settings when they were already disabled.Windows 11 23H2...
  3. Disable GameBar on Xbox Button on Controller not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable GameBar on Xbox Button on Controller not working: I have been trying to disable the opening of the Game Bar when the Xbox button is pressed, but it is not working.I have disabled all settings related to this and toggled the settings when they were already disabled.Windows 11 23H2...
  4. Just learned you can middle-click the navigation buttons.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just learned you can middle-click the navigation buttons.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/One_Internet3776 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1cvme07/just_learned_you_can_middleclick_the_navigation/
  5. Windows 10 Admin account sign in button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Admin account sign in button not working: My brother created a new user on my PC which suddenly transferred the administrator rights from my local user account to his newly made account. Now for some reason, both of us cannot access this account. It just shows the email of the account and a small "sign in" button...
  6. Windows 10 Admin account sign in button not working

Windows 10 Admin account sign in button not working: My brother created a new user on my PC which suddenly transferred the administrator rights from my local user account to his newly made account. Now for some reason, both of us cannot access this account. It just shows the email of the account and a small "sign in" button...
  7. Windows 10 Admin account sign in button not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Left mouse button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left mouse button not working: My left mouse button is not quiet working. It works but I have to hold the button down to "click". I tried to change the primary button to be right and it still was the left button, that was broken. I also tried to delete the mouse driver, restart explorer etc. So the big...
  9. Left mouse button not working

Left mouse button not working: My left mouse button is not quiet working. It works but I have to hold the button down to "click". I tried to change the primary button to be right and it still was the left button, that was broken. I also tried to delete the mouse driver, restart explorer etc. So the big...
  10. A and D buttons take me to the homescreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A and D buttons take me to the homescreen: I have this big problem, sometimes, usually around 1 or 2 times per week my keyboard and mouse stop working for around 10 seconds, then they start working again. On top of that, when that occurs, sometimes pressing A or D take me to the homescreen. AND on top of that, I use...