Windows 10: Windows 11 file explorer opens SharePoint URL in Edge instead of File Explorer

Discus and support Windows 11 file explorer opens SharePoint URL in Edge instead of File Explorer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello there,We have a new problem with Windows 11. In Windows 10 we would paste a SharePoint URL into file explorer and it would open there. This would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gerrett Connor, May 8, 2024.

1. Windows 11 file explorer opens SharePoint URL in Edge instead of File Explorer

Hello there,We have a new problem with Windows 11. In Windows 10 we would paste a SharePoint URL into file explorer and it would open there. This would bypass a lot of the SharePoint limitations with opening and moving files. Now when you paste the URL into Windows 11's file explorer, it opens Edge.I never want a URL in file explorer to open Edge... If I wanted to use Edge I would paste the URL in Edge...

:)

Gerrett Connor, May 8, 2024

2. Edge and SharePoint "Open with Explorer" doesn't work

I know this has been asked and answered here
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11-windows_7/ie-11-on-windows-7-sharepoint-open-in-explorer/f138ec8a-c93a-4da4-8c2c-40be0dbbf09b

But that was in 2014 and you are still suggesting a work around as the solution. We use this as the "easy" way to move files. Adding 5 steps that may work, and ways to tweak settings if it doesn't, that's not easy anymore.

Are there plans of addressing this issue? I think this will seriously affect groups in the migration process, and really bother power users.

Lisa

justlsmithlas, May 8, 2024
  3. Preview in File Explorer with Edge

Hello, Babak38.

To do this follow the steps below.

• Press WINDOWS + i on your keyboard
    • Click on "APPS" then click on Default apps
    • Click on Microsoft Edge browser
    • Then in the "PDF" option you choose which default browser you want to open files in PDF format.

Patrick Henrique., May 8, 2024
  4. Windows 11 file explorer opens SharePoint URL in Edge instead of File Explorer

Edge and SharePoint "Open with Explorer" doesn't work

Thanks for this Shaun - I'll continue to monitor this thread. At the moment, I've got my main client's users pretty much up to speed with opening up IE from Edge and the "View in File Explorer". I've also pushed out a desktop IE shortcut via their logon
    script to a common SharePoint document library to make it as easy as possible.

I'd love to be able to add a button to do this on their SharePoint home page via Edge.

I'm a contractor to them so every hour spent on this is additional money. I'm still amazed that "View in File Explorer" doesn't work in Edge as Microsoft are in control of all three components - SharePoint, Edge and File Explorer....

Rob Nicholson (Home), May 8, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 file explorer opens SharePoint URL in Edge instead of File Explorer

1. Windows 11 file explorer opens SharePoint URL in Edge instead of File Explorer - Similar Threads - file explorer opens

2. Windows 11 file explorer opens SharePoint URL in Edge instead of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 file explorer opens SharePoint URL in Edge instead of File Explorer: Hello there,We have a new problem with Windows 11. In Windows 10 we would paste a SharePoint URL into file explorer and it would open there. This would bypass a lot of the SharePoint limitations with opening and moving files. Now when you paste the URL into Windows 11's file...
  3. File Explorer & Microsoft Edge not opening!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer & Microsoft Edge not opening!: Hey, this might be a longer read, but it's also a long shot for me. I'm currently running a 660 Ti, Windows 10 Pro computer that I got from my brother. Since I've had it, I've been having this strange issue, and other than friends saying that I should wipe my whole computer,...
  4. File Explorer & Microsoft Edge not opening!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer & Microsoft Edge not opening!: Hey, this might be a longer read, but it's also a long shot for me. I'm currently running a 660 Ti, Windows 10 Pro computer that I got from my brother. Since I've had it, I've been having this strange issue, and other than friends saying that I should wipe my whole computer,...
  5. File Explorer & Microsoft Edge not opening!

6. How to open URLs directly from file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to open URLs directly from file explorer?: How to save links in windows file explorer and just click it to open the webpage directly in the browser?When I save the URL as a html document it opens the link itself instead of the webpage of the link!...
  7. How to open URLs directly from file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open URLs directly from file explorer?: How to save links in windows file explorer and just click it to open the webpage directly in the browser?When I save the URL as a html document it opens the link itself instead of the webpage of the link!...
  8. How to open URLs directly from file explorer?

9. Using File Explorer to view SharePoint

Using File Explorer to view SharePoint: Up until today I have been able to use File Explorer to view local files and SharePoint files, by logging into my SharePoint on Internet Explorer and adding it as a Trusted Site. As of today, I can't log back into Internet Explorer as it's just coming up with messages saying...
  10. eShell opens explorer(desktop) instead of file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    eShell opens explorer(desktop) instead of file explorer: Hello everyone i have a problem. After a user automatically logs in he get this screen (win10-1.png), after that he needs to access some of the files, so he opens the task manager with keyboard shortcut ctrl + shift +e and goes to new task. In the pop up window he needs to...